| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15892 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 461, 462, 463, 464, 465, 466, 467 ... 636  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:58 am 
Semen Strong

My husband dumped about 0.5 a cup of eucalyptus oil into our humidifier and it triggered an asthma attack for me. I am walking outside and shaking trying to feel normal again so I don't have to go to the ER.

We have always just put on about 10-12 drops, and when I asked him what made him put so much on he got crazy defensive and we had a fight. which was just awesome for the whole not being able to breath thing.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:04 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

This upper respiratory tract infection. It feels like the end of the world or something. So gutted I am sick because I really wanted to be able to claim that I wasn't sick at all this winter (spring is MIA here so winter decided to hang around for a lot longer). I was way beyond exhausted last night but couldn't sleep.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:06 am 
Seagull of the PPK

jesus Tofulish, glad you're OK! just thinking about that made me gag.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:27 am 
Semen Strong

Thanks! It is so challenging that when I ask my husband about anything that goes 'wrong' he doesn't just listen, say he gets it and focus on a solution in the future, which would take about a minute. Its first evasiveness with him giving as little information as he can, then defensiveness and justifying, and then he gets angry and argues and storms off to another place in the house, so it becomes a long stupid fight over something trivial. But it does take two to fight, so there is that. If I let him be, he comes back and apologizes etc, so I need to find a way to not escalate stuff between us. But that is harder to do when you feel sick. I'm in the park catching my breath, and I hope I feel better soon, bc I cannot afford a trip to the ER.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:48 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

mar's at the vet, he has had dental problems...the house in not the same without him meowing. i am counting down the hours till he is home.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:59 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Feel better, Tofulish.

I'm better today, just feel kind of crappy-blah, which could be from the benedryl. Waiting for dr to call to see what happens with tomorrows treatment. I am just so worried about these now. Honestly, I do t care about the reaction part if sleep and benedryl will fix it, but I can't miss more work. We are close to state test, plus I don't have a contract, if. Start missing a few days now, that could decide them on not hiring me back, especially because parents who don't give a shiitake the rest of the time, will complain if the teacher is out too much. So stressed.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:40 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I ate a little too much and/or a little too late and decided to not go to yoga because I probably wouldn't feel that good. :( /firstworldproblems

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:48 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Tofulish, hoping your feeling better by now.

I slept like 4 hours last night. Am a zombie. Have almost done everything I need to do for the day (have to go back to work for another meeting tonight), and really have looked good doing my job today, but feel like I've done nothing and am just blaaaaaaah.

Thinking of taking a mental health day tomorrow. Or a half mental health day.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:26 pm 
Memorized Veganomicon

I judged a science fair in my second language today and although my interactions with the kids were all totally fine, the other judges were megabitches to me because of my lack of skillz. My comprehension is way above my speaking abilities and I guess they felt that I was unqualified. I'm sorry that I volunteered to work with your kids??? It's not like I have judged at an international level and coached someone to an international science fair win. I am clearly useless.

Also I have been going to a series of lectures about animal care and holy shiitake I just cannot forking take another "we love animals <3 <3 <3 " lecture that includes pictures of "happy cows" and where everyone sits around patting themselves on the back because the care for food animals is just soooooooo much more humane these days and where the refreshment break's only vegan offerings are veggies served in a tray labeled "turkey"(??!)

The worst thing is that I know that this is just a hormone / low blood sugar-induced rage - gaaah!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:52 pm 
Dead by dawn

My employer forked up my commission for the third time in the last 8ish months. This time they neglected to pay me anything at all for February's work. Making it kind of hard to do frivolous things like pay my mortgage and protect my credit rating. And eat. Thank goodness I have savings because it will likely take them 4 weeks to rectify the error based on past experience.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:52 pm 
Chard Martyr

So this was tuesday but oh well. I got denied for something I need for work. I guess this happens to people, and there is an appeal process, but BUMMER.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:30 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I need to end a relationship with someone. It makes me very sad to realize this, but they are having an increasingly negative role in my life and it's time. It's hard when I have so few (read, no) local friends, but I think I'd rather just hang out with me.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:40 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

cried in the vet's office - made a staff member cry...:/ my dad made me feel like shiitake for turning to him to help me with the vet bill...cried more.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:53 am 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

monkeytoes wrote:
My employer forked up my commission for the third time in the last 8ish months. This time they neglected to pay me anything at all for February's work. Making it kind of hard to do frivolous things like pay my mortgage and protect my credit rating. And eat. Thank goodness I have savings because it will likely take them 4 weeks to rectify the error based on past experience.

Sorry dude. I'm in that boat, and it is a shitty boat.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:00 pm 
Impressive boner

Our lease on a house will end on Sunday. We went today to do some odds and ends, tidying the garden and so on. Mr8 stashed a mattress in the garage a while ago, within a plastic mattress bag, and has been telling me that he's checked on it periodically and it's fine. He brought it inside the house and it was soaking wet, black and moldy on the side it had been leaning on the floor. It was at this point he admitted he hadn't checked it properly.

This means that I need to front the money for a new mattress, run around tomorrow morning to get it picked up and dropped off in a van (which I also need to front the costs for, because he never has any spare money) while he will most likely stay at home in the warm and play with BG, or sit on the internet, drinking tea.

I can't express my annoyance at this situation sufficiently. Things tend to be 'out of sight, out of mind' for him, to the point where his actions can appear negligent and it's always me that has to front the resulting forking bill because he has no financial planning skills. I know that perhaps I should have checked on the mattress too, but when my partner tells me something is OK I trust him and don't expect to have to pay £100+ to fix an unnecessary mess.

On top of this, I'm somewhat concerned that our soon-to-be-ex landlady is going to attempt to unjustifiably deduct something from our house deposit. When we took on the house the garden hadn't been tidied in months, the kitchen tiles were caked with grease and the oven hadn't been cleaned in a couple of years. There were other problems soon after, such as ants, silverfish, woodlice, toilets backing up, blocked drains, a gas leak and black mold all over the house. She admitted that she had these problems when she lived there too, but didn't include them in the property ad or declare any of it in the house viewing or contract.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:04 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Flipping hate being sick even if it is just a head cold. I feel like utter crepe. I hate being so tired.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:07 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Feel better! Good day to curl up with a lousy book. That's what I'll do when I get home.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:34 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I just paid my student loans. Despite the fact that I added another £75 to the amount I send to myself to pay them, because the payments have increased and the exchange rate has decreased, I was $100 short. So I'm gonna have to pump even more money into my loan payments. I'm trying really hard to keep my spending down, and now I'm gonna have to cut out even more. It just makes me feel like I'm never gonna get ahead. At this rate, we really will pay off the mortgage on our flat before I pay off my student loans.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:48 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

lavawitch wrote:
Feel better! Good day to curl up with a lousy book. That's what I'll do when I get home.

Thanks. I've been trying to look at some cookbooks but my concentration is non-existent. Bleurgh. Hope you are feeling ok after the treatment xxx

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:53 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

That's why you need a lousy book. I'm reading Twice Tempted by Jeanine Frost. It's actually fairly well written, but the plot, etc is appropriately ludicrous.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:12 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Invictus wrote:
I need to end a relationship with someone. It makes me very sad to realize this, but they are having an increasingly negative role in my life and it's time. It's hard when I have so few (read, no) local friends, but I think I'd rather just hang out with me.

sigh, I'm in a similar boat, and am having a hard time scheduling it? which is dumb, it's like, I can't schedule a time to make her sad? ughhh but I need to deal with this and I wish I could do it in a not to her face way but that would be way shitty, I hate making people sad.

and all of this is so small and stupid, but while I'm dealing with all this guilt and trying to end one thing, my friend told me today that she had a thing for me and like, it's stupid but I sort of feel like I'm going to lose her as a friend because of this? I don't know I'm just sad and I want to have people stop having feelings towards me that aren't fully platonic. I'm sad and guilty and :((((((((

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:15 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Today was just too much things that made me upset. And now I am physically and emotionally exhausted.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:47 pm 
WELFARIST!

I pulled a muscle in my rib from coughing fits I've been suffering over the last couple of weeks and it was healing up and getting better until last night when I aggravated it somehow just by changing my position in bed and reinjured it worse than ever and it hurts SO MUCH now to cough, to blow my nose, to sneeze, to breathe deeply...to laugh! This sucks! I just want this damn cold and all the collateral riffraff toll its taking on my body to GO AWAY NOW. I'm done with being sick and feeling lousy.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:03 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

The worst thing about my day is actually not any of the shitty things that happened today, but the fact that something really good happened and I can't even make myself feel happy about it because of all the shitty things.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:10 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Aww, why not? Maybe you need purple nail polish? I joke, but only because it helps me as only something stupid sometimes can.

I hope you can enjoy the good stuff for a while.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15892 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 461, 462, 463, 464, 465, 466, 467 ... 636  Next