| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 263 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Cookbooks 2013
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:21 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I'm not sure if this cookbook has been mentioned before, but I'm very intrigued by it:

Vegetarian Tagines & Couscous: 60 Delicious Recipes for Moroccan One-Pot Cooking by Ghillie Basan

While it's not vegan, vegetarian Moroccan cookbooks aren't that common.

I'm also a bit interested in the Moosewood Collective's Moosewood Restaurant Favorites: The 250 Most-Requested Naturally Delicious Recipes from One of America's Best-Loved Restaurants, because the blurb describes the recipes as "increasingly vegan and gluten-free."

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:01 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

LFL wrote:
I'm not sure if this cookbook has been mentioned before, but I'm very intrigued by it:

Vegetarian Tagines & Couscous: 60 Delicious Recipes for Moroccan One-Pot Cooking by Ghillie Basan

I'm also a bit interested in the Moosewood Collective's Moosewood Restaurant Favorites: The 250 Most-Requested Naturally Delicious Recipes from One of America's Best-Loved Restaurants, because the blurb describes the recipes as "increasingly vegan and gluten-free."

i would be interested in the moosewood favorites, but i'd want to see it first. i also wonder what the serving sizes are like. i had a restaurant veg/vegan cookbook before but the serving sizes were ridiculously huge, it was like nearly every recipe served 6 - 8 or 8+ people. do you have other moosewood cookbooks?

"But...that's the most vegetably vegetable there is!!!" -Chicki

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:52 pm 
WRETCHED

I saw recipes in VegTimes for vegan before 6 and I'm tempted because breakfast and lunch items.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:55 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

linanil wrote:
I saw recipes in VegTimes for vegan before 6 and I'm tempted because breakfast and lunch items.

oooh, you may have just sold me.

So today at PPK I learned how to fork up a falafel and a taco. - craiger_ny

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:16 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

I must admit that up until a few days ago I thought Mark Bittman and Gordon Ramsay are the same person. Suddenly, I'm more accepting of Bittman's cookbook.

I know I know. *blush*

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:58 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

Fusion Food in the Vegan Kitchen sounds great!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:55 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

I'm not sure whether it's already been mentioned in this thread but The French Market Cookbook is due for release in July.

I emailed the author regarding whether any of the recipes were vegan and this was her response:
Thanks for your note and your interest!
About half of the recipes in THE FRENCH MARKET COOKBOOK are naturally vegan, and I would say another quarter or so are veganizable. The remaining ones include eggs (but very little dairy), so could be toyed with using egg replacers and such.
Hope that helps!
Clotilde

Sounds promising! I love French cuisine, so it's been added to my wish list!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:51 pm 
Nailed to the V

LittleChicken wrote:

I tested for this:
it IS great. yummy in tummies.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:36 pm 

I'm not sure if it counts (because it's an e-book), but Dreena Burton just put out an ebook called "Plant Powered 15". All the recipes are wholefoods-based, gluten-free, refined-sugar free, oil-free, etc. I've tried a few of the recipes and absolutely loved them - and I'm not normally into oil/sugar-free stuff. There's a sweet potato based sauce with mac, a great house dressing, and frikking awesome recipe for almond blondies. More details here: http://plantpoweredkitchen.com/plant-po ... -oil-free/

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:47 pm 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

LFL wrote:

I think this one looks intriguing, too. Amazon's write up implies that a good number of the book's recipes are dairy free.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:48 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

weaver wrote:
LFL wrote:

I think this one looks intriguing, too. Amazon's write up implies that a good number of the book's recipes are dairy free.

Both my partner and I enjoy Moroccan food, so I'll definitely keep an eye on this. My cookbook wish list just keeps on growing!

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 8:42 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

I pre-ordered the Great Vegan Bean Book by Kathy Hester and just learned that it is being released early! I should be getting it by late next week rather than next month. I am super excited!!

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 9:22 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

Silvergirl, I have my eye on that one too despite my self-imposed cookbook buying hiatus. Let us know what you think once you get it!

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 9:55 am 
Nailed to the V

Silvergirl wrote:
I pre-ordered the Great Vegan Bean Book by Kathy Hester and just learned that it is being released early! I should be getting it by late next week rather than next month. I am super excited!!

Lucky!

I saw VB6 at work. It's not a cookbook per-se more of a lifestyle (which is more "flexitarian" than vegan). with some recipes.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 11:52 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I see the author of Tipsy Vegan has a new cheese book coming out?

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:25 pm 

Efcliz wrote:

Ah, I see it. It's called The Cheesy Vegan. (http://www.amazon.com/Cheesy-Vegan-Plant-Based-Indulging-Ultimate/dp/0738216798/)

I haven't made anything out of my copy of Artisan Vegan Cheese yet (don't have the patience) so I'm probably not in the target audience for this book. Have you made anything from his earlier cookbooks? Were they good?

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 6:12 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

I'm curious about The Cheesy Vegan since I am having no luck after 5 attempts at Artisan Vegan Cheese.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:40 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

emmalv wrote:
Silvergirl, I have my eye on that one too despite my self-imposed cookbook buying hiatus. Let us know what you think once you get it!

I sure will! I am really looking forward to making more dishes with beans as the focus. I should get the book by next Friday so I can report back soon.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:45 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

LFL wrote:
Efcliz wrote:

Ah, I see it. It's called The Cheesy Vegan. (http://www.amazon.com/Cheesy-Vegan-Plant-Based-Indulging-Ultimate/dp/0738216798/)

I haven't made anything out of my copy of Artisan Vegan Cheese yet (don't have the patience) so I'm probably not in the target audience for this book. Have you made anything from his earlier cookbooks? Were they good?

I don't have his other books, and I also don't have the patience for AVC. I was kind of hoping this would be a dumbed down version for lazy arses like me.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 4:39 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

Silvergirl wrote:

Did you order from Amazon? My account still says it's not arriving until June. I love her slow cooker book and am looking forward to this one.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:06 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

That one is on my list too, but I haven't pre-ordered because we're moving, and pre-orders are always unpredictable in regards to delivery date.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:25 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

zinnia wrote:
Silvergirl wrote:

Did you order from Amazon? My account still says it's not arriving until June. I love her slow cooker book and am looking forward to this one.

I did and they emailed last week saying there was a change in publication date. According to their site, the book is in stock May 8th and my order says it will be delivered NLT Friday, May 10th.

They better not be lying and leading me on -- I am really looking forward to this book. :/

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:47 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Efcliz wrote:
LFL wrote:
Efcliz wrote:

I don't have his other books, and I also don't have the patience for AVC. I was kind of hoping this would be a dumbed down version for lazy arses like me.

Vegan Secret Supper has some intriguing and less intimidating cheese recipes than AVC! I have been meaning to start with them.

I thought The Tipsy Vegan was pretty bad.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 3:53 pm 

Efcliz wrote:
LFL wrote:

LOL! There's also Joanne Stepaniak's The Uncheese Cookbook though my success rate with that one was decidedly mixed.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 3:59 pm 

I spotted this upcoming cookbook on Amazon:

The Kitchen Divided: Vegan Dishes for Semi-Vegan Households by Ellen Jaffe Jones

http://www.amazon.com/Kitchen-Divided-D ... 57067292X/

I thought it might be of interest to those who live with omnis.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 263 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next