| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15784 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 462, 463, 464, 465, 466, 467, 468 ... 632  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:15 pm 
Dead by dawn

jordanpattern wrote:
monkeytoes wrote:
My employer forked up my commission for the third time in the last 8ish months. This time they neglected to pay me anything at all for February's work. Making it kind of hard to do frivolous things like pay my mortgage and protect my credit rating. And eat. Thank goodness I have savings because it will likely take them 4 weeks to rectify the error based on past experience.

Sorry dude. I'm in that boat, and it is a shitty boat.

I guess the best part of my day is finding out it might only take 2 weeks to get paid instead of 4. Honestly, the worst part is just the frustration of dealing with it. If I didn't have some savings I'd be screwed, but I'll be alright. I hope yours gets resolved soon!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:15 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Dog being a massive pain in the bum. She decided to get in my face when I was drinking coffee and headbutted my mug resulting in a broken tooth for me.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:34 am 
Semen Strong

Oh no! I'm so sorry! That sounds so painful.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:28 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Luckily it isn't painful but it will still cost me money to get it fixed. I will have to wait until at least next Friday until I get to a dentist because of money. Gah! Why does my dog have to be so enthusiastic about loving me?!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:55 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

My best friend just sent me a break up email. I think it's a break up email? I don't know. But it's terrible.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:57 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

oh no! sorry lutin. that's awful. :( i'm sorry people are jerks.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:02 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

lutin wrote:
My best friend just sent me a break up email. I think it's a break up email? I don't know. But it's terrible.

Oh, lutin, that's awful. I'm so sorry. ((((hugs))))

ETA: My kidney is being a dick. I really can't afford to be sick now, but I've either got a stone or (more likely) a ruptured PKD cyst, and it's got me totally waylaid. forker.

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:17 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

Really need to talk to one of my girl friends about my mini panic attack and no one is available. Wish I could just turn my mind the fork off.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:21 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Sod the tooth, I bumped into the parents of an ex-friend. They looked at me like I was scum of the earth. All because I had the cheek to get sexually assaulted by one of my ex-friend's friend the last time I saw them.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:22 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I'm sorry, dc. People are dicks.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:24 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

They really are dicks. I'm glad those particular dicks aren't in my life anymore. Bunch of drama lovers.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:12 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

I had to reboot my computer earlier today and forgot that I had an open unsaved file in a program that does not autosave. It was a choral arrangement I spent many hours on. It was also going to be my final project for a class and was technically due today (though the teacher is not strict about deadlines and will not mind at all if I take as much time as I need to finish it).

I'm going to rewrite the whole thing, but, shiitake.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:22 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Oh, crepe. I'm sorry :( that is so miserable.

My one take away from years of Photoshop, especially under Mac os8 is fanatically saving everytime I make any change. I learned lots of painful lessons after lots of painful crashes.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:50 am 

Yeah. Autosave, "auto"save and save are bisques. When I was an undergrad, Windows Word ate a giant final project for which there was a very strict deadline. Even my genius CS friends couldn't recover the file since Windows had spontaneously crashed. I switched to Mac after that and have yet to run into that particular problem -- which is rad for me, but doesn't exactly help you, cq. I'm happy your instructor is understanding enough that the deadline is less a big deal than the actual re-arranging and re-doing of such careful work.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:33 am 
Discovered unobtainium

Nausea. I just threw up not only everything still in my stomach, but also the anti-nausea meds I just took. I don't get it; I was mostly fine all day. Why does the nausea only get bad enough to throw up at night? Weird.

I'm not sure if this is from the anemia, the reaction to the iron, or the benedryl. So sick of this crepe.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:33 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

My boyfriend was out with friends at a bar. When 2am rolled around and he tried to leave, the bouncer stopped him and told him the police were coming for him and he couldn't go. They forced him to stay there and when the police came, they put him in handcuffs and shoved him in the back of the police car for 2 hours until some forking guy came to press charges for whatever it was that he was supposed to have done. Except they clearly had the wrong person and the guy came and told the cops it wasn't him. The police were just like, "oh, whoops" and sent him on his way.

I'm livid. I'm thinking something about this scenario has to be unlawful.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:09 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

lutin wrote:
Yeah. Autosave, "auto"save and save are bisques. When I was an undergrad, Windows Word ate a giant final project for which there was a very strict deadline. Even my genius CS friends couldn't recover the file since Windows had spontaneously crashed. I switched to Mac after that and have yet to run into that particular problem -- which is rad for me, but doesn't exactly help you, cq. I'm happy your instructor is understanding enough that the deadline is less a big deal than the actual re-arranging and re-doing of such careful work.
Docx Word files are basically .zip files, which are fairly sturdy. If you're feeling cunning, you can open up the file in 7zip and extract the bits you need, then transplant them into a newly created file. You generally lose formatting but retain content.

Back up your work regularly, though. If it's important, you need to make sure there are fail-safes in place.

Dropbox, for example, archives previously saved files so you can roll back a version of you need to.

I'm not a fan of Macs because I have almost no idea how to use them any more. I kind of miss Linux... but Windows 7 seems to just work. I still haven't forgiven Apple for iTunes. Once upon a time, you just used it to play music.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:23 am 

Yeah, but this happened in 2003 or 2004. Stuff was different then.
(And yeah. Had backups. The crash ate my backups, too.)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:54 am 
Seagull of the PPK

i recently got my asparagus whooped by a crash in powerpoint and lost several hours' worth of work. now i obsessively save in ppt as if i were getting free rice for the poor every time i press the save button.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:30 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I planned a bunch of stuff to make for Easter dinner (not that I'm religious but just to do something different for the day) and was supposed to go out this AM and get ingredients and be cooking away in my kitchen right now but I Just Don't Feel Like It. And I wasn't that excited about the recipes I picked, so I can't get up the motivation to do any work towards them. So I am sitting around in my PJs being lame. Can you just get Chinese food on Easter? Is it like Christmas in that regard? That's sounding like the best option at this point.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:36 am 
Seagull of the PPK

i think chinese food on easter sounds like a great idea.

i made gnocchi yesterday and when stabbing the potatoes before microwaving i stabbed my thumb, which is now swollen and oozing and bruised. eeeew.

i also met up with a friend for dog walkies and came back to find that everyone was mental back at home. mad at me because i bore the bad news that the stores are closed [they want to buy meat]. i wish i hadn't come back home at all.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:05 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Even though I'm exhausted tired I couldn't nap. I tried but totally failed. I was really expecting to enjoy a nap.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:04 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

RIP Punchfork :(

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:30 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

We took our three dogs for a walk this morning on the nearby nature trail. It's about half a mile one way, so the total walk is about one mile. When we were walking back to the car, half a mile away, the dogs decided to go off the path and into the woods. We didn't mind, they love the woods. All three of them came back to us covered in human shiitake. Someone took a dump in the woods and I'm guessing it was a big one. It was all around their necks and Lola even had clumps of it caked in one of her ears. So we had to walk half a mile back to the car with shiitake on our dogs. We had bottled water and paper towels in the car so we did the best we could with what we had. Then they had to get in the car, still covered with it. They've had their baths now and I'm washing every single towel we own. I'll have to clean the inside of the car tomorrow and the bathroom later today. I'm too exhausted to do it right now. So not a very happy Easter.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:48 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

Also, we live in a relatively Mayberry-ish town. People feel safe so they leave their bikes in their yards or on their front porch, unlocked. Now some asshat has come into town and several bikes have been stolen including hubby's vintage Schwinn that he's been riding for the past twenty years. He's heartbroken and I'm pissed that someone's destroyed the neighborhood's feeling of security.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15784 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 462, 463, 464, 465, 466, 467, 468 ... 632  Next