| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 823 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 33  Next
 Post subject: Re: Can we have a "The Yard randomness thread"?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:22 pm 
Impressive boner

That is weird Lisa! Let me know how she gets on? I know sometimes they spook themselves but it sounds like she was like that for a while.

In our new house the guinea pigs' room is a little cold, so I set up lots of fleece tents and drapes for them to hide inside to keep warm until the radiator is fixed (we also put an additional heater in there for them). Today Mr8 found Fujimoto sitting on top of a tent as though it was a hammock. I love that little ninja.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:33 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

the only thing i can think of is our house was chaotic this weekend. my baby shower was saturday so my in laws were staying with us all weekend and they have 2 small horribly behaved yappy dogs which didnt come upstairs because they are terrified of my dogs but they were downstairs and one of them barks non stop which agitated my dogs. so there was more barking.
plus one of my dogs is a tad fearful so when people come over he's not 100% familiar with he tends to bark at them every time he sees them anew.

my in laws stress ME out too so there was just a lot of anxiety and barking in my house this weekend. the pigs are pretty well used to dog barking but this was like EVEN MORE. i think all the animals (and humans ha ha) were on edge this weekend. and she just spooked herself.

my husband went home at lunch time to check on something else and he went into the pig room and said Pelly was still in the hidey hut but when he gave them some hay she came out.
also last night when i shook their bottle of vitamin C tabs as i do every night they all started shrieking and whistling at me for one and she came out then too.

she kind of reminds me of a brand new pig you just brought home. except when she was sitting out in the open. that was just so weird to me!

my monster pig used to climb on everything and i found her on top of a little hammock type thing was. it cracked me up. ninja pigs!!! i havent seen her climb in a long time though.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:07 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Sudden thunderstorm and Basko is completely freaking out. He was really antsy earlier and I couldn't figure out why. He must have been sensing the storm. I put his Thundershirt on him and I put the tv on the new agey music channel, but the thunder is SO loud. He wants to climb up in my lap, but seeing as how he's a 90 pound german shepherd, that's not really workable! Poor guy.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:24 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

AHHHHH FIRST TICK OF THE SEASON!!!
AHHHHH THE SNOW ISNT EVEN GONE YET!!!!
I HATE TICKS!!!! :-(

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:12 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Ugh, me too. I just pulled a tick off one of the shelter dogs this morning. They seem to be getting worse every year.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:04 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

we still have a lot of snow!! where are they coming from!!

my husband took Willy on a walk through the woods so we are assuming that's where it came from but STILL!!! HURRUMPH!!!

ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:23 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

Not to make fun of my poor little spooked pig but I really do think she is fine just spooked. Ive seen her out and about a bunch of times so I know she is eating and drinking and moving around but she’s still mainly hiding. I found some really small beans which means she has been hiding more than eating so I took her out and tried to tempt her with some Critical Care which is just basically a powdered emergency herbivore diet that you can force feed sick animals or animals that just had surgery. She doesn’t really fit the bill but I thought she might think it was a treat and eat some so I just had it on a spoon and gave it to her. She ate a little bit but not much (they never eat it when you WANT them to). She happily accepted some head scritches and chin rubs so I feel ok in poking fun at her……

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:50 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Awww, silly piggie! I love her hairdo.

I think Tegan thinks I can't see her...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:16 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

she's obviously VERY hidden!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:34 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

LisaPunk wrote:
Not to make fun of my poor little spooked pig but I really do think she is fine just spooked. Ive seen her out and about a bunch of times so I know she is eating and drinking and moving around but she’s still mainly hiding. I found some really small beans which means she has been hiding more than eating so I took her out and tried to tempt her with some Critical Care which is just basically a powdered emergency herbivore diet that you can force feed sick animals or animals that just had surgery. She doesn’t really fit the bill but I thought she might think it was a treat and eat some so I just had it on a spoon and gave it to her. She ate a little bit but not much (they never eat it when you WANT them to). She happily accepted some head scritches and chin rubs so I feel ok in poking fun at her……

Extra funny 'cause it looks like "I see dead poople".

I am taking care of my dad's and his girlfriend's dogs. He has a greyhound named Mona and she has a beagle named Mitch. Tungsten can be a jerk so far the visit has been really good (a week tomorrow) until tonight when I got to my inlaws' place after work and Tungsten decided to beat up on Mona. She told him off and he went nuts, chasing and trying to bite.

Generally Tungsten is very soft mouthed and doesn't puncture if he scraps, but damn thin greyhound skin left Mona with two punctures over her shoulder blade.

It only bled a bit and is just surface wounds but I will reassess in the morning. I just dropped $400 at the vet yesterday getting the chis their yearly exams, rabies vaccines and wellness blood work, so really don't want to go back to the vet so soon. DAMN DOGS!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:17 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

My cat is pooping on the floor. While being inside the box. She will go into her box with her front legs, mess around a bit and then get her back legs in as well. However, the butt will be sticking out through the hole (it's a covered box with a flip "door". She will stay like this while pooping, making the poop land right outside the box being super stinky and gross. She will then enter into the box completely and mess around with the litter. What do I do? I've seen boxes with entrance on the top, but so far I haven't seen one for sale in Sweden. Silly cat!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:36 am 
Seagull of the PPK

Moon wrote:
I am taking care of my dad's and his girlfriend's dogs. He has a greyhound named Mona and she has a beagle named Mitch. Tungsten can be a jerk so far the visit has been really good (a week tomorrow) until tonight when I got to my inlaws' place after work and Tungsten decided to beat up on Mona. She told him off and he went nuts, chasing and trying to bite.

Generally Tungsten is very soft mouthed and doesn't puncture if he scraps, but damn thin greyhound skin left Mona with two punctures over her shoulder blade.

this was the story of my life with the whippet and Nacho. Got worse as the whippet got older and grumpier- she would instigate fights and he would defend himself but she was the one who got hurt. hope the punctures heal up quick.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:22 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

whippet and greyhound skin always looks so damn fragile to me so im kinda not surprised to hear this!
hopefully it's just surface wounds. it's always hard to tell how bad it is by how much it's bleeding. when my lab gets beat up by the hound mix he always seems to get it in the ears which of course bleed like a grisly murder scene and then you find it's just the teeniest little scrape ever.
and yet when my dog was essentially mauled by another dog and had multiple deep bite wounds all over his body and spent the night at the ER I don't remember very much blood involved.

dog bodies are weird!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:28 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

pannkakan wrote:
My cat is pooping on the floor. While being inside the box. She will go into her box with her front legs, mess around a bit and then get her back legs in as well. However, the butt will be sticking out through the hole (it's a covered box with a flip "door". She will stay like this while pooping, making the poop land right outside the box being super stinky and gross. She will then enter into the box completely and mess around with the litter. What do I do? I've seen boxes with entrance on the top, but so far I haven't seen one for sale in Sweden. Silly cat!

You need a bigger box!

Mona's punctures are drying and tightening up already. I'm just worried about it closing on its own because of the placement. So far so good though.

Except Tungsten ran away this morning! I didn't close the gate properly. Mr Moon called for him but Tungsten looked at him and kept running, so Mr Moon took that as a personal slight. Tungsten is home now but hubby gets all worked up saying things like "if he doesn't care about me why should I care about him?!"

It's not that he doesn't love you! It's that he's a jerk and wanted to keep running and peeing on things!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:31 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

Tungsten is being extra naughty these days!!!

glad the Whippet's wounds are healing up. they seem like they are in kind of a tough spot (shoulder) but hopefully they will just close up soon!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:47 am 
Semen Strong

Just threw out our dining room carpet, because nothing was getting the poo smell out.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:58 am 
WRETCHED

Anti-icky poo was the only thing that worked for us when our cat decided she was going to mark her territory with pee. We are out and Nature's miracle sucks in comparison.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:11 pm 
Impressive boner

LisaPunk wrote:
(they never eat it when you WANT them to)

...but when they're well they're happy to steal it from their sick friends!

Vladimir spent a very happy half hour marching about the front room carpet, shouting his little hairy head off whilst pooing. I counted 21 peeg beans, and I think there were more that he ate!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:28 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Our bath tub is raised a bit from the floor, and every time we've taken a shower, Lucia the cat will sneak into the bathroom and crawl in under the tub, after inspecting the small puddles of water underneath it. We discovered this after finding her with a wet belly a lot of times. Silly!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:30 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

8ball wrote:
LisaPunk wrote:
(they never eat it when you WANT them to)

...but when they're well they're happy to steal it from their sick friends!

Vladimir spent a very happy half hour marching about the front room carpet, shouting his little hairy head off whilst pooing. I counted 21 peeg beans, and I think there were more that he ate!

yup. they love to eat it when they dont need it! i gave some to Pixie who nomsed the shiitake out of it. she refused to eat it when i tried to give it to her previous when she was having bad poops.

BAD PEEGS!

the spooked pig is totally back to normal today. perhaps the ghosts have left the pig room.

Vladimir sounds like a feisty lil dude!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:36 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

Is there any non-ugly cat furniture that exists that isn't a thousand dollars!? I want to get something for the cats, but all the nice minimalist pieces are seriously like $1000. I want something that isn't a pile-carpet monstrosity.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:28 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Just brushing my dog...

I had to stop because she got too antsy, so this is only 3/4 of her done!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:23 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

ohhhhh. is that Tegan?

I tried brushing both dogs recently after not having done it since last fall probably because I noticed there was piles of black fur everywhere in my house. (ie more than normal)

the hound likes to be brushed so I got him good but the lab HATES it and wouldn't sit still and I think he is the one that is currently shedding more. hurrumph.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:51 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Yes, that was Tegan. I brush her at least once a week, but I guess she is blowing her coat now because I got so much undercoat out! My house has a bad case of dog hair tumbleweeds too.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:08 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

i guess that's what happens when you have a floofy floofy dog!

i cant believe the amount of fur i get off the dogs everytime i furminate them and one has a short lab coat and the other has a slightly longer (but not long) border collie looking coat.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 823 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 33  Next