| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 493 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: Lotions, potions and other non edible items
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:17 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Efcliz wrote:
Can anyone recommend a decent nail varnish remover? I have a Superdrug one and it's utter crepe.

I use Sparitual nail polish remover and find it very good.
http://www.lucyrose.biz/remover/fluent- ... P2T8Y5Ywso

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:33 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

baps wrote:
. . . I love Lush's bubble bars (I also avoid the glitter ones, I don't fancy getting a glittery vadge!)

I know this was posted a few months back but thought you might like to know the glitter in bubble bars doesn't stick to you (or the bath) so there's no need to avoid them! However, glittery bath bombs can stick - but adding a drop of bubble bath or shower gel to the bath stops that and prevents the ring round the bath too, according to my local Lush shop assistant.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:22 am 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

mendelian wrote:
Superdrug have a new range of skincare + make-up. There's a bit about it on their here and here. I looked at a few of the skin care products in a store I was in yesterday (Oxford Road in Manchester) and all the ones I checked were suitable for vegans.

I went to have a look at this yesterday and ended up buying a few things - most (if not all, I can't remember) is on sale for an introductory reduced price, generally a good couple of ££ of everything.

I'm trying out the BB cream today and I really like it so far. I often have trouble with foundation and concealers because my skin is very oily and usually by lunchtime most of my make up has collected in any available crevice :/ So far though I am impressed with this stuff, good coverage for how light it is, and looks pretty natural. I have the 16hr foundation too but I haven't tried it yet.

Also they have a YSL Touche Eclait type concealer which is faring well as is they're standard concealer.

I've also tried out the gel eyeliner which seems nice, and has stayed put, which is something my oily skin gives me trouble with as well. Also, the waterproof mascara is nice. Until now I had been using Illamasqua and I find it very clumpy and globby.

As an aside, I also started using their oil control face wash, only 99p at the moment and that's really nice too! I'd previously been using Aveda and I prefer the Superdrug one which is rather satisfying for a £17 saving also!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:03 am 
Ninja Master

I'm looking forward to having a look at the weekend. I have a tonne of points on my beauty card and a voucher!

Cuz what I really need is MORE make up.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:13 am 

baps wrote:
Cuz what I really need is MORE make up.

I have the same problem!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:25 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

ANyone else tried any of the B Superdrug stuff? Our shop isn't stocking it so I popped into Birmingham yesterday on the way to a conference. I didn't have much time but I grabbed a lipstick and face powder. The lipstick is a good colour on me and lasted quite well but the face powder seemed to just disappear. They had 2 types of face powder but i wasnt sure of the difference between them. I'll be in Liverpool on Friday and will have chance to have another look, so I'd appreciate any other recommendations if anyone has any?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:06 pm 

Efcliz wrote:
ANyone else tried any of the B Superdrug stuff? Our shop isn't stocking it so I popped into Birmingham yesterday on the way to a conference. I didn't have much time but I grabbed a lipstick and face powder. The lipstick is a good colour on me and lasted quite well but the face powder seemed to just disappear. They had 2 types of face powder but i wasnt sure of the difference between them. I'll be in Liverpool on Friday and will have chance to have another look, so I'd appreciate any other recommendations if anyone has any?

I've posted a couple of comments up about the things I have tried, I don't think there is anything I am disappointed with. I'm especially liking the two concealers and the BB Cream at the moment. The mascara is also really nice. The 16 hr wear foundation isn't as full coverage as I would expect for a full coverage product, but still pretty good. Not tried any of the colour stuff yet, but I will definitely be back for more of what I have already bought, and trying other stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:10 am 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

Efcliz wrote:

I bought one of the eyeshadow palettes and I really like it. Nice understated colours, stayed on well all evening without going all wrinkly.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:23 am 
Ninja Master

I bought one of the eyeshadow palettes too and I love it (it's the one with a goldy colour, a blue and two purples). Their mascara is the type that forms little tubes around your lashes and you remove it with warm water. It's ok but needs a good couple of coats.

I also bought 2 of their cream eyeshadows and they are lovely and really pigmented. I blend them quite well and use them as a base, haven't tried using them without a powder on top yet to see if they crease or set. Might try it out at the weekend.

So far I'm impressed and I want to try some foundation to see how that does.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:26 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

A couple of people have mentioned the Superdrug B mascara but there are three different types - can you let us know which one you tried? I'm thinking of trying one but not sure which one. (I currently use Aveda's 'mosscara' and have recently bought the Lush one but not tried it yet.)

I bought the Superdrug B 16 hour foundation, powder and concealer (the one with the brush) but I haven't used any of these products for years so I won't be much use as a reviewer!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:52 am 
Ninja Master

Yeah I have the one that does it all. Lengthening and defining mascara. I don't love it but it's ok after a couple of coats.

I do however really love the foundation I bought, I got the anti-aging one because I liked the texture of that one the best and it's really nice.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:13 am 

I've got the waterproof mascara, and I have to say I do really like it, not clumpy at all, goes on easily, I usually go for a couple of coats too though.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:02 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

What make up remover are people using? I got the Superdrug waterproof mascara and a day later I'm still struggling to get it all off!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:04 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

rentaghost wrote:
What make up remover are people using? I got the Superdrug waterproof mascara and a day later I'm still struggling to get it all off!

I use the boots botanics soothing eye make up remover. It's one of those shaky bottle ones. A little greasy but it takes off my mascara without having to scrub at my eyes until they're red and sore.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:14 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I hope someone else hasn't already posted about this and I just missed it. I was just at Superdrug and discovered that they have Veet-type products in their own-brand range that are suitable for vegans! And it's on offer just now. I'm excited about this because I almost always manage to nick myself when I shave with those shitty, expensive eco razors and have been hoping to find something like this for ages. Woot!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:12 am 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

Posting to rave about this brush! Have been using Lavera foundation (fingers to apply) and never been blown away by the finish but this brush makes such a difference!!!

I also bought the Superdrug B primer and a green/goldy eyeshadow and both are really nice.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:34 pm 

I've been oogling those brushes in Boots for months and months. May actually invest now :D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:45 pm 

Has anyone tried the Superdrug own brand dry shampoo? When I had long hair I just used to tie it up or plait it when i wanted to make it last one more day, but now it's short it's a lot less forgiving. I really don't want to wash it more often if I can help it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:11 pm 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

jogirl wrote:
Has anyone tried the Superdrug own brand dry shampoo? When I had long hair I just used to tie it up or plait it when i wanted to make it last one more day, but now it's short it's a lot less forgiving. I really don't want to wash it more often if I can help it.

I have, but I've found it's more of a fragrance freshener rather than giving that certain mattness and texture that Batiste used to give. If my hair is greasy, I don't really find much difference.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:55 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Lush now do a dry shampoo if you have a branch nearby. Ask for a sample to try.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:51 pm 

KatyCarr wrote:
jogirl wrote:

I have, but I've found it's more of a fragrance freshener rather than giving that certain mattness and texture that Batiste used to give. If my hair is greasy, I don't really find much difference.

It's specifically the de-greasing element I'm after, so maybe I will explore other options.
rentaghost wrote:
Lush now do a dry shampoo if you have a branch nearby. Ask for a sample to try.

Thanks! I tend to avoid Lush because I am allergic to so much of their stuff (not their fault - I have weirdo skin that is fine with most chemicals but comes out in lumps at the merest hint of anything tree/plant/flower based), but I will ask for a sample and try it out!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:31 am 

I use cornflour instead of dry shampoo. Yes, really :) I keep a little shaker with it in my bathroom. Brush hair, sprinkle on, rub in, leave while you brush teeth/wash face/etc, then brush out. Ridiculously cheap, bunny and environment friendly. Just make sure you hair is totally dry before sprinkling on!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:56 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

Not skin stuff but I've noticed that Astonish now label a lot of their products as vegan, as well as having the BUAV logo.
I love Astonish cleaning products as they are good, and have been BUAV for ages, but vegan labelling is great.
And they do washing up liquid and washing liquid too.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:55 pm 
A gift from the crasshole god.

Can anyone recommend a good but cheap concealer? I only have a smallish boots and smallish superdrug nearby, so I am limited!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:36 pm 

Beauty without cruelty have a decent range for not megabucks
http://www.bwcshop.co.uk/acatalog/Concealers.html
Barry M concealer is vegan, and available all over the place these days.

ELF is awesome. http://www.eyeslipsface.co.uk
I don't think it's possible to get just one thing from them though - it's like a cheap, amazing, guilt-free sweetshop. They did use beeswax and lanolin until a couple of years back but replaced it. I'd also drop them an email about brushes as I don't know if they're all vegan. A 50% off next purchase over £20 just got posted to facebook today as well - code 190313.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 493 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next