| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3625 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124 ... 145  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The Crush Thread
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:15 pm 
Offline
Kitchens Planning Manchester
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:28 pm
Posts: 2536
Location: Connecticut
Shantylass wrote:
Yesterday I posted a picture of my new glasses and she sent me a message saying "I think you're cute...in case you haven't come to that conclusion already."
So obviously I squealed and jumped up and down a lot and then replied that it was mutual and we've been messaging back and forth (not in a hugely flirty way, BUT STILL).

Cute cute cute!

_________________
"I never do anything you say, Isa. When I cook from VWAV and it says to add one cup of flour, I add three cups of olive oil! Now who wants some forking muffins??"-ExpiredSanity
Tumblr
Cast Iron & Cupcakes
I guess I have a Twitter now


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Crush Thread
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:51 am 
Offline
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:30 pm
Posts: 4589
Location: zomgz dijk
I feel like such a stereotype: I have a crush on a dude and a lady, both of whom are in long term relationships with other people. (Dinner with the lady last night! And an upcoming bike-venture with the dude! I keep hoping these activities will transform the feeling of "crush" into "friend", but no dice yet.)

_________________
ॐ लोकः समासतः सुखिनो भवन्तु
http://www.embracingtheworld.org


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Crush Thread
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:54 am 
Offline
Saggy Butt
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:10 pm
Posts: 297
Location: Temperate rainforest with a capital RAIN
My crush is a blushing princess in a tower and I am 99.999% certain it will be at least five or ten years until we are both in the same phase enough to be able to have a real romantic/sexual relationship work between us, but he's amazing anyway.

And I might be living with him in the near future. Uh. Oops.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Crush Thread
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:10 pm 
Offline
Level 7 Vegan
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:15 pm
Posts: 1532
Location: Seattle!
Bah. My crush- who I had an AMAZING first date with- called me today and said as much as he's into me, he got overexcited and realized he shouldn't have asked me out because he just doesn't have time, in between work/school/band. I'm upset, but also, like...I have the same commitments as you. All I wanted was to have a dandy time getting to know you slowly. So I told him that and am hoping he responds with "Yeah, okay, let's do the casual/relaxed thing." 'Cause I really...like him.

_________________
"Its really hard to keep in shape, my prison of principles only has so much pacing space." - Shy Mox

The Oxford Imposition: http://theoxfordimposition.wordpress.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Crush Thread
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:37 pm 
Offline
Because Bob Barker Told Me To
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:27 pm
Posts: 947
Location: Albany, NY
Man. My crush is leaving the country tomorrow, and I was sure I wouldn't talk to him before then. Then he surprised me with a phone call. He could only talk for 9 minutes, and the reception was terrible... but...I am SO SWOONY and smiley right now! Ack!

_________________
Departure & Arrival: Photoblog
Navigator, Equator: Personal blog
My freelance writing website
Dear Nora: My cat's advice column (really)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Crush Thread
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:19 am 
Offline
Has it on Blue Vinyl
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:23 pm
Posts: 2005
I need to get out more and find myself a crush...

_________________
When it comes to, you know, modern technology, think of me somewhere in the Middle Ages, training my hedgehog friends to knit socks. ~Phoenix


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Crush Thread
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:26 pm 
Offline
Sick of Cupcakes
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:35 pm
Posts: 6735
Location: Norristown, PA
Is it weird that I get absurdly gleeful when my crush likes my FB status? Yeah, it's weird.

_________________
Man, fork the gender card, imma come at you with the whole damned gender deck. - Olives
Did you ever think that, like, YOU are a sexy costume FOR a diva cup? - solipsistnation
blog! FB!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Crush Thread
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:37 pm 
Offline
Huffs Nooch
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:35 am
Posts: 126
Location: Bat Country
choirqueer wrote:
Is it weird that I get absurdly gleeful when my crush likes my FB status? Yeah, it's weird.

No, it's not weird. I get hugely excited whenever someone I like likes something I've posted.
Or if it is weird, then at least there is one other person in the universe who does the same thing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Crush Thread
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:55 am 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:31 pm
Posts: 3932
Location: Graz, Austria
99% sure internet crush is one-sided. I'm having a great time, though - so until this passes, I'm enjoying myself. Sometimes it hurts a bit, but such is life.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Crush Thread
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:27 am 
Offline
Dead by dawn
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:54 pm
Posts: 7941
Location: Seattle
choirqueer wrote:
Is it weird that I get absurdly gleeful when my crush likes my FB status? Yeah, it's weird.

If you're weird, I'm even weirder. I would get absurdly gleeful at the mere sight of his name there for awhile. If he liked my fb status, even better.

_________________
facebook
"The PPK: Come for the pie; stay for the croissants." - tinglepants!
"Cockblocked by Richard Branson- again!" - Erika Soyf*cker


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Crush Thread
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:44 pm 
Offline
Huffs Nooch
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:35 am
Posts: 126
Location: Bat Country
We went out for dinner tonight which was super fun, we talked a lot and then she came back to my room to meet my foster-baby snake (he belongs to a mutual friend of ours, but lives with me right now) and we played with him and talked more, then we hugged and she left.
So it appears that not only am I incompetent at flirting in anything other than text-based communication, she might have similar difficulties. This is DIFFICULT.
But it was super fun and we were all "let's do this more often" and such and she was like "talk tomorrow?" (yes. duh.) soooooo.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Crush Thread
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:50 am 
Offline
Kitchens Planning Manchester
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:28 pm
Posts: 2536
Location: Connecticut
choirqueer wrote:
Is it weird that I get absurdly gleeful when my crush likes my FB status? Yeah, it's weird.

Gosh no, I get downright giddy over this.

_________________
"I never do anything you say, Isa. When I cook from VWAV and it says to add one cup of flour, I add three cups of olive oil! Now who wants some forking muffins??"-ExpiredSanity
Tumblr
Cast Iron & Cupcakes
I guess I have a Twitter now


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Crush Thread
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:33 am 
Offline
Drinks Wild Tofurkey
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:23 pm
Posts: 2945
I have a new work crush! He's moving in a couple months, so it's definitely not going anywhere other than crushland. But I'm pretty sure it's mutual. He said I looked nice when we went out to dinner, noticed and complimented my toenail polish the next day, and said several times that he liked going on the work trip with me. That's all positive indicators, right? Right.

And he's cuuuuuuuuute!

_________________
Mal: We're still flying.
Simon: That's not much.
Mal: It's enough.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Crush Thread
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:34 am 
Offline
Drinks Wild Tofurkey
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:23 pm
Posts: 2945
And he's started texting me! Did I mention that his is super good looking? Because, oh my goodness.

_________________
Mal: We're still flying.
Simon: That's not much.
Mal: It's enough.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Crush Thread
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:06 pm 
Offline
Because Bob Barker Told Me To
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:27 pm
Posts: 947
Location: Albany, NY
The crush I visited a couple weeks ago is now traveling around far-off countries and it pretty unreachable for the next two months. No idea what is happening there.

In the meantime, I'm crushing on a new friend. He's not in a place where he can date anyone right now (and he'd probably be a bad match for me anyway, when I really think about it), so it's pretty "safe" to just flirt with him and think a bunch about how cute he is. OMG he's so cute!

_________________
Departure & Arrival: Photoblog
Navigator, Equator: Personal blog
My freelance writing website
Dear Nora: My cat's advice column (really)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Crush Thread
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:04 am 
Offline
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:04 pm
Posts: 247
Location: Wanting to get out of NC
Thursday may be the last time I see my crush. It makes me sad. I've never felt this way with someone before. Our friendship came so easily. I feel like I can be myself with him and that's something I've never felt with anyone is less than a year.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Crush Thread
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:55 pm 
Offline
Because Bob Barker Told Me To
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:27 pm
Posts: 947
Location: Albany, NY
I just watched my crush (who is far-away traveling) stalk my blog from Germany.. through Poland and Russia.. and into Sweden. I love the "stats" page so much right now.

_________________
Departure & Arrival: Photoblog
Navigator, Equator: Personal blog
My freelance writing website
Dear Nora: My cat's advice column (really)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Crush Thread
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:54 pm 
Offline
Because Bob Barker Told Me To
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:27 pm
Posts: 947
Location: Albany, NY
takecare wrote:
In the meantime, I'm crushing on a new friend. He's not in a place where he can date anyone right now (and he'd probably be a bad match for me anyway, when I really think about it), so it's pretty "safe" to just flirt with him and think a bunch about how cute he is. OMG he's so cute!

This dreamboat and I just spent 3 hours walking around my city. It was extraordinarily nice. *swoon*

_________________
Departure & Arrival: Photoblog
Navigator, Equator: Personal blog
My freelance writing website
Dear Nora: My cat's advice column (really)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Crush Thread
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:34 am 
Offline
WELFARIST!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:08 pm
Posts: 5025
Location: WV
I have a teeeeeeny tiiiiiiiiiny crush on a student in the art department. I met him when he installed his portfolio review and at first I was really irritated with myself because most of those students are at least 10 years younger than me and I'm not into younger guys at all, but then I talked to him a bunch because his work was awesome and learned that he's a senior transfer student who took a few years off in between schools, so that puts him much closer to my age. Today I saw him waiting for the elevator as I was walking into the building and totally hurried so I could ride it up with him and talked to him about how his review went. He's just kind of adorable and skinny and wears plaid shirts and has a cute face and is a great artist.

But I am totally not going to act on that at all, because things with my dude are going really well. A girl can look, right? Haha

I think the assistant at the other gallery has a crush on me...hopefully that doesn't get weird. He facebook messaged me last night because we're both in the process of buying a used car and the stress of all of it, blah blah, but so I talked to him for awhile back and forth and then put down my iPod and walked away because I was hanging out with my dude and we were having fun. Then this morning, I had a message from him that said sorry if he seemed like he was creeping, that even though he doesn't know me that well that he thinks I'm awesome. Eep. I wasn't trying to send any sort of message like I was into him, because I think he's cool, but again, my guy! I felt kind of bad, like he sent that message and then I never responded, but I sent him one this morning that said I didn't think he was creeping. And that was it. We'll see how this goes. One must tread carefully.

_________________
But if one were to tickle Pluto, I suspect that it might very quietly laugh. - pandacookie

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua


Awesome. Vegan. Rad.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Crush Thread
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:59 am 
Offline
Plays The Sims 2 religiously
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:20 pm
Posts: 7551
Location: Portland, OR
I'm finding myself kind of crushing on the musical director for this play I'm in. He's so fraking adorable. And talented. And makes this amazing facial expression that's like both sassy and deeply caring at the same time. And a trans guy. Ugh loins. Found out today that he has a partner and noticed even that he has a wedding band on, too. Was relieved about that because I'm very happily still crushing (and loving!) on my guy, so now the crush can feel more 100% not possible and just silly fun rather than with a hint of "maybe I should pull this off?" (My guy and I are still not 100% sure we're going to do the monogamy thing, though we are at the moment) (and I kind of want to keep it that way) (well, until I get alone in a room with a sexy guy, then I question... heh)

_________________
i would schmear marmite on a moist scrotum for Mars. - interrobang?!
"Not everything." ~ mumbles (1973-2013) - mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Crush Thread
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:35 am 
Offline
Not NOT A Furry
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:11 pm
Posts: 519
Mars wrote:
I'm finding myself kind of crushing on the musical director for this play I'm in. He's so fraking adorable. And talented. And makes this amazing facial expression that's like both sassy and deeply caring at the same time. And a trans guy. Ugh loins. Found out today that he has a partner and noticed even that he has a wedding band on, too. Was relieved about that because I'm very happily still crushing (and loving!) on my guy, so now the crush can feel more 100% not possible and just silly fun rather than with a hint of "maybe I should pull this off?" (My guy and I are still not 100% sure we're going to do the monogamy thing, though we are at the moment) (and I kind of want to keep it that way) (well, until I get alone in a room with a sexy guy, then I question... heh)


What play are you doing?

_________________
I obliged the shiitake out of her!
- lixa
I miss my bag o' dicks
-alice1drland


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Crush Thread
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:13 am 
Offline
Plays The Sims 2 religiously
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:20 pm
Posts: 7551
Location: Portland, OR
fetalexplosion wrote:
What play are you doing?


On just a little something about a group of intergalactic queer thespians who crash land on an oppressed capitalistic planet and totally rock their world. I play a member of a boy band who are like guardian angels to the main character. Similar to those three girls in 'little shop of horrors' but with a 'beauty school dropout' vibe. ;P

_________________
i would schmear marmite on a moist scrotum for Mars. - interrobang?!
"Not everything." ~ mumbles (1973-2013) - mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Crush Thread
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:07 pm 
Offline
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:28 pm
Posts: 3178
Location: San Francisco
Mars wrote:
fetalexplosion wrote:
What play are you doing?


On just a little something about a group of intergalactic queer thespians who crash land on an oppressed capitalistic planet and totally rock their world. I play a member of a boy band who are like guardian angels to the main character. Similar to those three girls in 'little shop of horrors' but with a 'beauty school dropout' vibe. ;P


I really need to make a trip to Portland.

_________________
Your heart is a muscle the size of a fist
Keep loving, keep fighting

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Crush Thread
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:23 pm 
Offline
Just Loathin' Around!
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:17 pm
Posts: 7278
Location: bindlestiff
Mars wrote:
fetalexplosion wrote:
What play are you doing?


On just a little something about a group of intergalactic queer thespians who crash land on an oppressed capitalistic planet and totally rock their world. I play a member of a boy band who are like guardian angels to the main character. Similar to those three girls in 'little shop of horrors' but with a 'beauty school dropout' vibe. ;P

Let us know where and when. I'll try to come see it. I haven't see you in ages.

_________________
Ovoids=not vegan --invictus

Panda With Cookie


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Crush Thread
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:23 pm 
Offline
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:05 pm
Posts: 1961
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
yes, definitely crushing a little!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3625 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124 ... 145  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Shy Mox and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer