| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2992 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112 ... 120  Next
 Post subject: Re: Appetite for Reduction
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:25 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I made the peanut dragon dressing for our bowls last night and I'm so happy I made a double batch. I could drink it straight up. I might leave out some of the water next time so it's a little thicker.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:35 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

I liked the flavor of that dressing, but did find it way too thin. I'm not too concerned at the moment about 'reducing', so I added peanut butter to thicken it up. Next time, I will just use peanut butter and not whole peanuts, because they were kind of gritty in all that water.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:50 am 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

I made the Masala Baked Tofu last night, and served it with dhal and baked cumin rice. It was like having takeaway, but better!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:47 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Quick question: For the moroccan chickpeas, approximately how big are the zucchinis supposed to be? Like the size of a banana? Zucchinis are so variable!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:06 am 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

This is the first recipe book I've bought twice, I had it and wasn't really feeling it so passed it on, but then read this thread (it's taken me 5 days to read the whole thing!) and I have bought it again.

Having chickpea piccata and caulipots for tea tonight (and for the next few nights as I only cook for me so it had better be good!)

There are so many things I want to try I'm going to set a challenge of one recipe a week so I can plough through to find my favourites.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:58 am 
Saggy Butt

Trattoria pasta with sun-dried tomato walnut vinaigrette
-omitted the fennel in the dressing but really liked this
-I also omitted the pasta to make this a white bean and arugula salad
-yum!

Chipotle Brussels and Bean Chili
-I subbed kabocha squash for the sweet potatoes and ended up adding another 15 oz can of diced tomatoes since it was not soupy enough
-I don't think I liked it as much as others have raved about it

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:01 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

saveur wrote:
-I subbed kabocha squash for the sweet potatoes and ended up adding another 15 oz can of diced tomatoes since it was not soupy enough

I wasn't a fan of that recipe, surprisingly. I love all the separate components so was sure it would be a winner but I found it strangely bland. I ended up throwing some away cause I just couldn't face eating the leftovers :(

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:50 pm 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

Well just finished my first bowl of the piccata, I have had nothing like it before, it's confused my mouth!

I think I'd have preferred it without the lemon juice, but I'm assuming that's a big part if it being piccata?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:03 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

i had the bean pasta spinach thingie (cant remember the name right now) and found it a bit bland. also had the 40 garlic chickpeas which I didnt like, but it might have been that something was off. It just tasted a bit "weird", so maybe it was my ingredients.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:14 pm 
Nailed to the V

Just made 4 of the dressings from this book for salad I'm serving for a party. Each one is more delicious than the last! Seriously, I love them all.

- Caesar Chavez Dressing: does not taste exactly as I remember caesar tasting, but I think it's even better! Love the brininess of the capers.
- Peanut Lime Dragon Dressing: perfect peanut dressing, though as others have said here I may thicken it more next time. Great kick from the Sriracha.
- Romesco Dressing: if I absolutely had to pick a favorite, this may be it. I think I could just drink this stuff straight. It's almost creamy from the almonds, and there's a note of kinda cheesiness to it that reminds me of pizza or something. Super duper addictive.
- Orange Sesame Vinaigrette: yummy, bright, tangy dressing that benefits from the balance of nutty and citrusy. I would imagine this could be great on a pasta salad.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:17 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

The dressings are my favorite part of this book!

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:52 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

Beethecookie, if you liked the other dressings you have to try the goddess one too! That is my go to salad dressing when I need something not specific, and I also use it as a veggie dip for snacks. I totally agree with allularpunk - the dressings along with the bowl suggestions in the back of the book totally opened up my eyes and made transitioning the dairy out of my diet much easier.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:21 pm 
Saggy Butt

ComradeSquirrel wrote:
saveur wrote:

I wasn't a fan of that recipe, surprisingly. I love all the separate components so was sure it would be a winner but I found it strangely bland. I ended up throwing some away cause I just couldn't face eating the leftovers :(

Glad I am not the only one! I thought I would like it too but alas not so much... I gave it to Rob to polish off the leftovers. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:22 pm 
Saggy Butt

KatyCarr wrote:
Well just finished my first bowl of the piccata, I have had nothing like it before, it's confused my mouth!

I think I'd have preferred it without the lemon juice, but I'm assuming that's a big part if it being piccata?

Yeah, that's piccata for you! I loved that recipe, though. I also love all things lemon. :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:50 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

almiratanner wrote:
Quick question: For the moroccan chickpeas, approximately how big are the zucchinis supposed to be? Like the size of a banana? Zucchinis are so variable!

Just in case anyone is wondering, I used about 1.5 lbs and I think the ratio was about right. Super tasty! I'll probably make this again.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:09 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

emmalv wrote:
Beethecookie, if you liked the other dressings you have to try the goddess one too! That is my go to salad dressing when I need something not specific, and I also use it as a veggie dip for snacks. I totally agree with allularpunk - the dressings along with the bowl suggestions in the back of the book totally opened up my eyes and made transitioning the dairy out of my diet much easier.

Ooh will do the goddess dressing now, have fallen into a habit of only making the Sanctuary!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:36 am 
Nailed to the V

NomiMalone wrote:
emmalv wrote:

Ooh will do the goddess dressing now, have fallen into a habit of only making the Sanctuary!

Yeah, I was eyeing the goddess dressing when I was looking through, but I already have a very similar dressing in my fridge (the bottled kind) and was looking for ones that were different from what I had on hand. It did look wonderful, so I need to throw a bookmark in there and make that once the others are all used up.

The Sanctuary is also on the to-do list!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:08 am 
Memorized Veganomicon

Oh man, I can't believe it took me this long to make 40 clove garlic chickpeas with broccoli. I made it last night and honestly I was perplexed with how much I loved it and how stupid-easy the recipe was. I declare this is going into the rotation! Served it with some basmati rice, sriracha and a little soy sauce.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:33 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Garlicky Kale and Mushrooms = deliciousness. We are trying eat more greens 'round here and this is definitely an easy, tasty, winner!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:00 pm 
Huffs Nooch

pearTree wrote:
Oh man, I can't believe it took me this long to make 40 clove garlic chickpeas with broccoli. I made it last night and honestly I was perplexed with how much I loved it and how stupid-easy the recipe was. I declare this is going into the rotation! Served it with some basmati rice, sriracha and a little soy sauce.

Oh yes, this recipe rocks. I've been doing the spring cookbook challenge and haven't cooked from AFR for 2 weeks. But now I must have this for dinner.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:44 pm 
Saggy Butt

I just made Sanctuary Dressing and I'm happy for the rest of my life now.

I posted this in the wrong thread just now because I'm high on Sanctuary dressing.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:37 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Tonight I had the Hoisin mustard tofu minus the lettuce wrap. I love this recipe. Its so quick and easy to put together. Served it with a side of sauteed napa cabbage.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:53 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

geeksweetheart wrote:
I just made Sanctuary Dressing and I'm happy for the rest of my life now.

I posted this in the wrong thread just now because I'm high on Sanctuary dressing.

It's the best!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:35 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Making a couple of old favorites for dinner - mango bbq beans and jerk asparagus. Can't wait til it's finished!

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:44 am 
Saggy Butt

Just made the romesco dressing recently- I made bowls with it using quinoa, white beans and greens but discovered it's also great for dipping carrots in :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2992 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112 ... 120  Next