| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 897 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 36  Next
 Post subject: Re: Can we have a "The Yard randomness thread"?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:06 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

I did it, I bought the kitties a play tower!

It's not terribly ugly, and most of all it makes them happy. They've both played on it all night and Tristan is now curled up sleeping on the top tier. SO HAPPY.

And that painting in the background? Me petting a cat. Fitting, right?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:56 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

I love Tristan's face in the photo!

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:08 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Oh my gosh, you guys, this is day 2 of brushing:

She still has some undercoat on her butt that needs to be brushed out, but grooming makes her so anxious that I can only do it for a short amount of time, and I have to have my mom hand feed her the whole time. After this, she needs a bath, and I'm sure that will loosen more undercoat. Too much hair!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:51 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Yikes! That is a heck of a lot of hair!

Brought the loon to the vet this morning for her injections. She made such a racket anytime the vet talked. She hasn't been back there in nearly 11 months, last time was after Jake had bit her really bad. Well turns out she remembered it because she was shaking like crazy for the first 15mins of waiting. She eventually chilled out and started snuggling some woman.

Anytime the vet talked she barked like crazy. She was absolutely fine while he was giving her the injections though.

And Jake is living it up on the vets farm still. He has had a few episodes of aggression since but they are usually completely unprovoked and out of the blue. The vet can't even figure out what it is about since he is the most loving dog with humans and animals the rest of the time. He gets on fantastic with the other dogs but it is them he turns on when he has an episode. Usually they are all asleep or not doing anything that would warrant him to go ballistic.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:16 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Woke up this morning to a living room filled with fuzz! It looked like a room full of puffy clouds, haha! I guess Rhodie finally destroyed one of his plushies. He was so proud, too, standing in the middle of it all with a little bit of fuzz hanging off his chin.

In other news, my husband is hiding his vegetarianism from family and friends so they keep gifting him omni food stuffs. This time it was super expensive beef jerky. Yuk. It's going to the pup. He's not complaining.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:26 am 

daisychain wrote:
And Jake is living it up on the vets farm still. He has had a few episodes of aggression since but they are usually completely unprovoked and out of the blue. The vet can't even figure out what it is about since he is the most loving dog with humans and animals the rest of the time. He gets on fantastic with the other dogs but it is them he turns on when he has an episode. Usually they are all asleep or not doing anything that would warrant him to go ballistic.

Neurological issue based aggression? This happens more often than people think.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:56 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Moon wrote:
daisychain wrote:

Neurological issue based aggression? This happens more often than people think.

That's what I thought. I reckon he is getting migraines. It broke my heart when I ended up being petrified of him and I am glad he is in the best of hands now. Spoilt bloody rotten he is... gets to play all day with other dogs and roam on a farm then unlimited access to veterinary care.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:13 pm 

I can smell poo, but can't find the source of said smell. Dammit!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:19 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

Lard that ^^ is like the story of my life.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:43 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

dog farts maybe??? (hopefully!)

the beagle has vacated the premises because basketball is on tv. it's the funniest behavior ive ever seen. any sporting events on tv and he high tails it downstairs or down to the piggie room.
basketball is the worst though. he seems to know the second you put bball on whether or not hte game has started

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:50 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

That is hilarious Lisa!

Once it hits 9pm Lexi seems to take a notion that it is perfectly acceptable to bark and bounce off walls until I get up and go to bed. As soon as we get up to the bedroom she flops down like a hit man has taken her out and doesn't budge until the morning.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:00 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

The cats are loving their new perch. Tristan climbs up the carpeted post to the top tier like a monkey. Gershwin has so far not jumped up on either tier, but is enjoying shredding the underside of the bottom tier. Happy cats!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:15 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I think when the door to the bunny room is shut, Tegan forgets we have a bunny. Because every time I open the door and she goes in, she'll stop when she sees the rabbit and look shocked. And then she gets super excited and is like "omg! What is this furry creature? Can I play with it? This is so exciting!!!!" Even if she saw the bunny 2 hours prior.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:41 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

oh silly silly Tegan!
do you think she wants to play with the bunny or eat it?

when we got our first dog I think I had one guinea pig and I kept the door closed to that room for a long time. I think by the time I even allowed him to know of the presence of the guinea pig I had adopted a second one.

he was TOTALLY. OBSESSED. WITH. THEM.
he is a lab so I think he wanted to eat them or at least catch them and shake them around and see what was inside of them.

their cage at that point was still on the floor (we made a top for it) and he would lay there and STARE AT IT for as long as we allowed it. then if they moved or squeaked or anything he would go bonkers.

it was quite funny. he wouldn't take any type of high value treat to break his staring. he would eventually stare so hard he would start drooling.

now that it's been literally years and the cage is up on a table he doesn't obsess over them anymore but man for awhile he was like WHAT ARE THOSE?!?!??!?

thankfully the second dog doesn't seem all that interested in them either.
I would never in a million years let any of them interact but they cohabitate fine these days.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:48 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

She definitely wants to play with the bunny, but she is WAY too rambunctious. The bunny is elderly and blind, and I'm afraid that Tegan would jump oh her and hurt her accidentally. So I only let Tegan in the bunny room when the bunny is in her pen. She does playbows and bounds around the outside the pen, like "Play with me, Karma!" Or if I'm holding the bunny, I'll let Tegan sniff her, but if she gets too excited she has to leave the room.

Sable was super obsessed with guinea pigs, but it was because she loved them. She was really gentle with them. She used to kiss my mom's guinea pig, and would climb into the cage when we took the top off to clean. It was so silly, here was this big collie sitting in the cage with the pig!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:02 pm 
Semen Strong

My husband brought home a stink detector. It uses a uv light to find blood, urine and bodily fluids and rotting yuck. My kitchen feels like its on CSI.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:35 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

raspberrycomplaint wrote:
She definitely wants to play with the bunny, but she is WAY too rambunctious. The bunny is elderly and blind, and I'm afraid that Tegan would jump oh her and hurt her accidentally. So I only let Tegan in the bunny room when the bunny is in her pen. She does playbows and bounds around the outside the pen, like "Play with me, Karma!" Or if I'm holding the bunny, I'll let Tegan sniff her, but if she gets too excited she has to leave the room.

Sable was super obsessed with guinea pigs, but it was because she loved them. She was really gentle with them. She used to kiss my mom's guinea pig, and would climb into the cage when we took the top off to clean. It was so silly, here was this big collie sitting in the cage with the pig!

that's so cute!
I "like" a page on facebook of someone who has 3 piggies and a boston terrier and another small dog that I think is a chihauha and the dogs seem to think the three pigs are puppies and lick them and groom them and snuggle them.

it's sooooo cute.
both my dogs totally would eat our pigs. I have no doubt. I have a lab and a hound. two hunting breeds. they aint going near the pigs! ;-)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:31 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

ahhhhhh!!!! one of my piggies has staticky breathing :-/
probably respiratory infection so off to the vet we go tomorrow.
that will be a fun bill to pay :-(

hopefully she will be ok. she's my hearty monster pig so im sure some antibiotics will put her back to normal but it's bad timing!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:53 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Molly was alseep on my chest, with her head tucked up and one foot on my chin. She just untucked her head, sneezed a giant spray of bird snot mist on my face, them tucked her head and went back to sleep.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:34 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

>_<
ewwwwww

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:15 am 
Seagull of the PPK

I want to know, for birds that don't drink very much, where all that liquid snot comes from. mine is also a misting machine.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:42 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Mia seems to have decided that stealing food off my fork, on the way to my mouth, is appropriate behaviour for a cat.

Guess it's my fault for eating at the computer with her in my lap.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:01 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

We had to take Frisbee to the vet because I think he has a UTI and the house feels so sad and alone now. It's only been 45 minutes! So now I'm combing the boards and the internet about cat issues and looking for new food. I hope it's something minor and he gets to come home tonight.

ETA: That cat tower looks awesome and someday I want to build one for Fris, which I think would make him the happiest cat in the 'verse.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:05 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Guys, Olive looks like such a grown-up cat now. It's so weird because I swear she was just a kitten, but now she's almost 10 months old and huge and her face doesn't even look like a kitten face anymore. Also this morning I woke up crying because I had a dream about Effie and then I realized that Olive is just about the age Effie was when she died. It's weird because that makes it seem like Effie died so long ago--Olive was born six days after Effie died--but it feels like it just happened.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:13 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

monster pig got a clean bill of health at the vet today.
they think she probably got some irritant in her respiratory tract and then cleared it out since this morning she was breathing fine again.

she gave them a run for their money during the exam with her monster-ness so i guess she is feeling fine :-D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 897 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 36  Next