| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1369, 1370, 1371, 1372, 1373, 1374, 1375 ... 1767  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:11 am 
Chard Martyr

I had a weird day yesterday. On the way to work I walk past a playground in my neighborhood and I saw a guy in the playground bathroom doorway masturbating! I told the crossing guard at the school and she had me call 911. I have no idea what happened, and I don't know for sure that i saw what I saw, so I hope I did the right thing!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:43 am 
Chard Martyr

You did the right thing!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:30 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Seconded! You absolutely did the right thing! If you weren't almost certain of what you saw, it wouldn't have even registered in your brain that you should alert someone to what was going on, I think.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:59 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

pandacookie wrote:
Pinko wrote:
Would the bookstore at her college maybe do a gift certificate? Or does everyone just buy textbooks online now? (I feel old.) A nice planner?

I think something like this to help with practical things she'll need would be good. If she isn't financially secure it would be super helpful to not have to struggle to get basics when she gets started at her community college.

She is getting her books and supplies paid for.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:11 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

LW, that's such a lovely thing to do for your student. Not just thinking about her at the end of the year, but getting her to it and helping her to be a good role model for her sister.

My diet has pretty much gone out the window. We ordered Pizza Hut for delivery, and I busted out the Daiya from the freezer. We ate an entire medium pan pizza each. And this was after eating a couple of pieces of gianduiotti. And the potato wedges we also ordered. I'm so full. No regrets, though. (Mike thought I should mention that we didn't really have lunch, so it was somewhat justified.)

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:13 pm 
Chard Martyr

Thanks guys! I did notice the bathrooms were all locked up on my way home.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:15 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

She is being the role model on her own! That's why I think she is just so amazing. She is working a lot now and has to do after school credit recovery things so she can graduate, but since she noticed her little sister dropping school, she pulled herself together and has been in class every day with a smile. I really, really admire this girl and see only good stuff in her future.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:31 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Completely useless piece of information I learnt today that I never knew before: Andrew Lincoln (The Walking Dead) is the son-in-law of Ian Anderson from Jethro Tull

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:49 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Oh, yuck. Amy's light and lean black bean, butternut, chard, and quinoa bowl is AWFUL. Absolutely no seasoning of any kind; just tasteless mush. How could they?

Even Molly won't eat this, and she loves all of the ingredients.

I still don't feel well, so decided to try healthy instead of potato chips, but I can't eat this. I don't have any other quick food around. (I ate all the falafel this week) and I still can't eat this. Going hungry today is preferable to eating this.

First time I've ever not at least liked an Amy's meal enough to eat, if not buy again.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:01 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

This is kind of hilarious. I've got these stupid chills from the iron treatment and I'm sitting here with blankets piled, shivering, except my neck.

Molly is sleeping, one foot tucked up, leaning against my neck, holding on with her beak (ow; in the wild, conures sleep hanging by their beak because they are very strange creatures). She feels like a heating pad on high! The sleepier she gets, the warmer she gets, also very limp like a little birdie pancake.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:57 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

lavawitch wrote:
Oh, yuck. Amy's light and lean black bean, butternut, chard, and quinoa bowl is AWFUL. Absolutely no seasoning of any kind; just tasteless mush. How could they?

I still don't feel well, so decided to try healthy instead of potato chips, but I can't eat this. I don't have any other quick food around. (I ate all the falafel this week) and I still can't eat this. Going hungry today is preferable to eating this.

First time I've ever not at least liked an Amy's meal enough to eat, if not buy again.

I almost cried because of how bad that thing was. Granted I had had an awful day and hasn't eaten and it was all that was in the house, but it was so disappointing. Tasted like dirt.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:32 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Yeah, I know! My mom came home and she tried it and thought it was truly inedible, and she actually likes bland food.

The weirdest part is that Amy's knows how to make really good black beans, so how they came up with this slop is incredible.

I think I'm actually going to write and complain. I've written in the past to rave (and beg them for their meatballs and a vegan lasagna, both of which they now sell, must not anywhere I've been).

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:56 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

lavawitch wrote:

Molly is sleeping, one foot tucked up, leaning against my neck, holding on with her beak (ow; in the wild, conures sleep hanging by their beak because they are very strange creatures). She feels like a heating pad on high! The sleepier she gets, the warmer she gets, also very limp like a little birdie pancake.

That sounds so darn sweet! Elmo just hisses and lunges if I go near him. Damn 'tiel.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:15 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

I'm up at my manfriend's house for the evening/morning to hang out with his dog and do (a shiitake ton of) laundry while he is out of town for the weekend. It's kind of awesome, because his house is super great, but it's also weird being in this house all alone. Also, his dog is a maniac, usually in a good way, but I think he just scared the crepe out of T's neighbor. I had taken Mike (the dog!) on a walk and we were just about back and T's next door neighbor lady is walking across the street carrying a bunch of sticks to throw into the woods and she asked me where I lived and while explaining to her that I was just watching T's dog, Mike got spooked by the sticks? I guess? And totally lunged at her and started barking, which I have never seen him do. I think he thought they were a weapon or something? Anyway, of course she was like, 'Whoa, is he VICIOUS?' And I'm like, 'Actually, no! I've never seen him do that, he must have gotten spooked by your sticks!' And she looked like she definitely didn't believe me, and then her dog comes running into the yard, barking at Mike and Mike is barking back at him (in a friendly way, I think) and she was like, 'Well, he looks like he could be vicious towards my dog!' And I said, 'No no, he just wants to play!' And she basically just rolled her eyes at me.

Things that don't help this situation: Mike is a HUGE German Shepherd, the biggest I've ever seen, so he looks scary if you don't know him. I was wearing a tank top and I'm all covered in tattoos and this is a 'nice' neighborhood where I kind of don't look like I belong (bullshiitake, I know, but that's life sometimes). And Tony already thinks his neighbors hate him because Mike is a barker and sometimes he has parties and his friends use up all the parking on the street.

I don't even want to tell him about the neighbor incident, because it's really not a big deal and will just stress him out, but I just know that if he runs into that lady, she's going to say something about it. She seems like the type. Whatever.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:34 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Oh lawdy! German Shepherds get soooooooo easily spooked by the stupidest of things and react so darn loudly. Lexi got spooked by a man's plastic bag one night out on our walk and she jumped (up not at) and barked and of course we got "that" look.

I had her in the vets today and she was petrified when we got there and was shaking and barking a bit with the fear. One woman clutched her JRT close to her and threw me filthy looks. Then Lexi turned around and started snuggling a complete stranger but the other woman still looked at her in disgust/fear.

People like to think all GSD's are vicious, unpredictable dogs. Really they are just overactive chickens. I would say it to your manfriend. I know he will probably stress out but at least he would be prepared if that woman decided to make further remarks about the dog to him.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:09 pm 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

This whole rennet discussion has reminded me that that was my vegan catalyst!! The day I realised that pesto (literally the only thing I ate. Genuinely. Dinner every day was pasta with pesto.) had non veggie rennet in it I just said fork it I mayaswell go vegan & I did right then & there. The next day I learnt how to make a vegan risotto & I've never looked back!

Not-For-Profit Cupcakes: Operation Icing.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:01 pm 

daisychain wrote:
Oh lawdy! German Shepherds get soooooooo easily spooked by the stupidest of things and react so darn loudly. Lexi got spooked by a man's plastic bag one night out on our walk and she jumped (up not at) and barked and of course we got "that" look.

I had her in the vets today and she was petrified when we got there and was shaking and barking a bit with the fear. One woman clutched her JRT close to her and threw me filthy looks. Then Lexi turned around and started snuggling a complete stranger but the other woman still looked at her in disgust/fear.

People like to think all GSD's are vicious, unpredictable dogs. Really they are just overactive chickens. I would say it to your manfriend. I know he will probably stress out but at least he would be prepared if that woman decided to make further remarks about the dog to him.

Good to know that Mike isn't the only one! I don't know a lot about German Shepherds, but I do know that Mike is the sweetest, most playful, adorable, and gentle creature I've ever been around. I luff him. It sucks that people are afraid of him. And yeah, I'm definitely going to tell T. It would be worse if I didn't!

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:05 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

allularpunk wrote:
daisychain wrote:

Good to know that Mike isn't the only one! I don't know a lot about German Shepherds, but I do know that Mike is the sweetest, most playful, adorable, and gentle creature I've ever been around. I luff him. It sucks that people are afraid of him. And yeah, I'm definitely going to tell T. It would be worse if I didn't!

They were definitely a marked breed for some time. The same way the media demonizes pit bulls now, we have done the same in different decades with Shepherds, Dobies and Rotties. Watch an action movie where there's a guard dog, and you can pretty accurately guess when it was made just by the breed used.

"Well! Fruit is stupid! These onions taste nothing like fruit!" -allularpunk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:11 pm 

Great point, Moon!

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:28 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Very early next Saturday morning they're going to be imploding two large smokestacks that are fairly close to my house, maybe 2-ish miles away. This place was basically shut down in 1999 because of the large amounts of lead and arsenic pollutants they were putting out from illegally disposing of waste and became a superfund site. Anyway, maybe I'm being a worrywart, but I kinda don't want to be anywhere near that thing when it comes down. My partner thinks it'd be really cool to watch them come down, but I'm afraid of the particulate that might be dispersed in the air as a result, even though they said they're taking measures to contain the dust. I suggested that we go a couple of hours away to one of the touristy places in the area and stay overnight and make it a fun thing, but he's not interested.

What would the PPK do? Am I being silly?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:31 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I might be being a Pollyanna, but if it's been a superfund site with tens or hundreds of millions pumped into clean up, I'm sure the tear down will be safe since that's the whole point of doing it. The superfund projects cost an insane amount, but have been pretty effective at meeting their goals.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:13 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Fee wrote:
lavawitch wrote:

I almost cried because of how bad that thing was. Granted I had had an awful day and hasn't eaten and it was all that was in the house, but it was so disappointing. Tasted like dirt.

Ha! I really like this. Now I'm just wondering if I have defective taste buds. I do usually add hot sauce though.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:20 pm 
WELFARIST!

I was going to the bathroom yesterday at work and a man walked in. I was fine with that but he went pee without shutting the stall door! I don't care if you're in the women's restroom but shut the door!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:50 pm 
Chard Martyr

lavawitch wrote:
This is kind of hilarious. I've got these stupid chills from the iron treatment and I'm sitting here with blankets piled, shivering, except my neck.

Is that a thing? I get crazy chills from iron pills. And crazy shakes/no appetite. I thought I was crazy.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:02 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

Of the many things I can't eat the one I'm most bitter about is wheat. I love wheat! And gluten-free bread and pizza just don't count. forking stupid asparagus stomach.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

Reply to topic  [ 44157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1369, 1370, 1371, 1372, 1373, 1374, 1375 ... 1767  Next