| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 719 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 29  Next
 Post subject: Re: Rupaul's Drag Race!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:59 am 
A Bad Person

I think Alyssa was awful and should have gone home, but I also wish there was another double elimination this week because Coco is similarly awful. They should have walked out together.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:22 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

in the end i think alyssa came off better than coco personality wise. coco pointing to her lips during the lip synch was ridiculous but overall i was entertained.
still tired of roxxxy and alaska repetitive runway looks.
someone else mentioned it but i too wonder about alaska lip synch style. i don't think sharon ever did it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:31 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

SweetT wrote:
in the end i think alyssa came off better than coco personality wise. coco pointing to her lips during the lip synch was ridiculous but overall i was entertained.
still tired of roxxxy and alaska repetitive runway looks.
someone else mentioned it but i too wonder about alaska lip synch style. i don't think sharon ever did it.

I think that's at the heart of it. Alyssa wasn't nearly as talented/bright as she thought she was, but Coco's also not as talented as she thinks she is, and she's a bisque.

The only video I found of Alaska at a glance was of "circus" and it wasn't very good. Sharon only had to lip sync once, against Phi Phi. Bonus, we see Willam's elimination, and her handle it like a pro!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igrFvsFODzQ

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:49 pm 
Nailed to the V

That last look Willam gives on the main stage was one of my favorite moments of the season.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:03 am 

Garrick wrote:
That last look Willam gives on the main stage was one of my favorite moments of the season.

I loved that! Also, now I can't stop re-watching that clip of Sharon. I'm literally going out tonight because of her from 1:25-1:36. Is there a gif of her at 1:33-1:35? 'Cause that shiitake is inspirational.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:15 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

I was a little disappointed at the transformations of the men this time. Coco's partner was really busted and that was all on Coco. (Despite her whining in Untucked). And we all know I am super happy Coco is gone.
And Detox really did a lovely homage to Michelle in the lipsync.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:26 am 
A Bad Person

I think Coco only went home because she's been teetering for so long. That was Detox's second LSFYL and Coco was really lipsynching the shiitake out of that song. If it weren't her fourth LSFYL, she might have stayed. Also, it was hilarious how into her own song Michelle was.

Is this the first time they've transformed gay men? I thought the previous transformations were mostly straight men. Some of these guys seemed more familiar with drag than previous seasons.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:11 pm 

brian wrote:
I think Coco only went home because she's been teetering for so long. That was Detox's second LSFYL and Coco was really lipsynching the shiitake out of that song. If it weren't her fourth LSFYL, she might have stayed. Also, it was hilarious how into her own song Michelle was.

Is this the first time they've transformed gay men? I thought the previous transformations were mostly straight men. Some of these guys seemed more familiar with drag than previous seasons.

'm with kfad (and the rest of the viewing audience) on being absolutely delighted that Coco is finally gone. I feel like she hasn't just been teetering for a long time, she's been forking up, and seems to go after Jinkx every time she does. I thought Coco was high energy (which her lip synch's always are), but I really liked how Detox got into the spirit of it, throwing in dance moves from the era and all. I also thought throwing in her signature jaw quiver at the very end, instead of relying on it throughout was smart, and of course, choosing to take Michelle's part. I also loved seeing how into her song Michelle was - I almost expected her to get up on stage herself.

The only other time I can think of they've transformed gay men was Season 2, when they had to make drag mothers out of older gay men (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RuPaul%27s ... olden_Gals).

It also occurs to me that it's almost always the case that when one person tries to strategically place the makeover or accessory contestants, it usually backfires. And I was pretty angry with Alaska for that runway look. Cat burglars was a cute idea, but it wasn't runway.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:44 am 
A Bad Person

Of course Detox had to go home, it was her third LSFYL.

Now I'm on team Anyone But Roxxxy. She is just so bitter and a bad sport.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:23 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

brian wrote:
Of course Detox had to go home, it was her third LSFYL.

Now I'm on team Anyone But Roxxxy. She is just so bitter and a bad sport.

YES! She's so vicious. I'll be really upset if she wins. I really want Jinkx to win just because it would be a giant fork you to Roxxxy. The final challenge is usually performance-based, and Jinkx is strong in those where Roxxxy isn't. I want it to come down to Alaska and Jinkx.

I think I must just like Jinkx's drag more than Roxxxy's because I always think Roxxxy looks boring and Jinkx looks fun and interesting. I actually liked her runway look.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:43 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I haven't seen it yet, but Roxxxy looks so damn much like my friend until she says mean stuff. It kind of freaks me out a little. I keep wanting to check to see if he moonlights as a drag queen. I'll have to ask him if he watches Ru.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:02 pm 

That was almost awkward to watch, just because of the sheer amount of bile that kept spilling out of Roxxxy. Side note, her candy couture dress seemed like a rehash of her episode 2 outfit. (http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/4645/roxxxy.jpg) And I also really liked Jinkx's last look.

I think they always try to have a "bisque" in the top 3. Phi Phi, Rebecca Glasscock, Tyra....and now Roxxxy. (One bisque to rule them all...)

Lastly, if you were wondering what Alaska would have done in last night's lip synch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywnXN10u5_Q

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:26 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Detox was wearing her Mannequin outfit, which is a number she's known for:

I'm also Team Anyone But Roxxxy. I'll be happy with either Jinkx or Alaska.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:36 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Go Team ABR.

Roxxxy did apologize on her facebook page. I just hope she also took the time to directly apologize to Jinkx.

I feel like Roxxxy had three looks and we got to see each one too many times.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:52 pm 
Nailed to the V

All I can say is waow waow waow what a gross song for a lip sync. Probably my favorite of the season along with Whip My Hair.

Whenever I start a season of RPDR I hope that the nicest queen wins. That's Alaska and Jinkx. I WILL SAY, however, Roxxxy WORKED that licorice dress on the runway. Definitely a rehash of episode 2, but I can see why she'd go with it. She also looked really good during the sugar babies song and dance (or as Pandora called it, the what in the gay hell did I just watch) but I can't stand her brand of charisma.

When we heard "sugar mama executive", both Josh and I thought, I hope Detox brought her Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now drag!
It seemed like she flipped a switch towards the very end (+ in Untucked) and started not liking Jinkx, but I think a lot of that was editing.

I'm gonna see Detox and Willam (And Vicky Vox, but I don't know as much about her) next week! They're coming to a gay bar. Yassss

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:28 am 
A Bad Person

Two week? TWO WEEKS?!?! Seriously.

Still on team Anyone But Roxxxy. Her courtroom characters were Roxxxy, Roxxxy, and Roxxxy. She's a bully and a bad sport.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:56 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

brian wrote:
Still on team Anyone But Roxxxy. Her courtroom characters were Roxxxy, Roxxxy, and Roxxxy. She's a bully and a bad sport.

All of this. I really dislike Roxxxy. She has such a horrible personality

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:46 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

I would like to take a moment to say WOW! Jinkx and Alaska were hilarious. Not gagging on the look Jinkx brought to the runway. But I still really want her to win.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:37 pm 

I liked that (the editors finally let us see) Jinkx stood up for herself. I was kind of wondering if Roxxxy was going to have another apology on her FB today "Oooh, sooooooo 'member how I apologized for being such an insecure bisque last week? Just....go ahead and replay that. kthanxbai." I liked the cut, but not the pattern or color of her runway.

Alaska was my favorite this week. Ok, the music video wasn't as good as the other two, but I thought she killed the courtroom scene, her runway look was great, and her speech was simply phenomenal. And I loved that she didn't follow suit when the other two just said why they should win instead of why the other's shouldn't.

And since we're Rucapping next week anyway, here's B. Ames tribute to Alyssa Edwards. I'm imagining it was made just for me and Garrick.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:12 pm 
Nailed to the V

That Alyssa Edwards tribute is AMAZING. squirpinlikeachirpinlikea

So annoyed by Roxxxy's interjection: "Let me just say one thing—JInkx, I'm sorry for whatever I said and I love you so much."
And also how she touts being a "big girl" when she thinks that's what sets her apart from the others.

If this is being put to fan vote, there's no way Roxxxy could win. Both Jinkx and Alaska have 50-60,000 facebook fans and Roxxxy has 20,000. I'm split pretty evenly between Jinkx and Alaska, but I would slightly rather see Jinkx win. She's favorited two of my tweets.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:24 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Garrick wrote:
And also how she touts being a "big girl" when she thinks that's what sets her apart from the others.

I was so annoyed this episode by her obsession with the 'big girl' thing. Mentioning it here and there in previous episodes saying she's "thick"... sure, maybe... but she's really not that big! I mean, maybe she's big because she's tall, yeah... and I guess she has pretty broad shoulders? But she is in no way a fat person (anymore). I don't think so anyways.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:17 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

the alyssa edward tribute is amazing. the alyssa & coco fight made me dislike them both but alyssa lip sync were always entertaining.
i swear roxxxy is the season 5 phi phi o'hara. she doesn't stand a chance.

jinks should win.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:23 am 
Nailed to the V

It happened! Detox hugged and kissed me and said I am adorable. Willam is a fierce business woman. Vicky is hilarious and we NEED her on RPDR.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:45 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

And Detox is right... you are adorable!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:44 pm 
Nailed to the V

ahhh Rupaul was on The Chew recently and this is basically what was said: The only judge who can judge me is Judge Judy! <3

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 719 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 29  Next