| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: FakeMeats.com
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:21 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Has anyone heard of or bought anything from www.FakeMeats.com? I stumbled across their websight and it seems like a good place to order some things I've been wanting to try. Also, does anyone know if the owners, Steven and Kim, happen to be PPKers?

Post subject: Re: FakeMeats.com
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:45 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

it looks like not everything is vegan. not that it matters, but just to let people know who might want to order. I got excited about the baconaise, but realized it's not vegan.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:56 pm 

Oh, yeah, sorry, I should have specified! It's a vegetarian company. It looks like over half the stuff they sell is vegan, but check before you order! I believe you can click on a vegan button and see all the products that are vegan.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:58 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hi! This is Steven from FakeMeats.com. We have not used this forum yet, but it looks very cool! I saw the backlink from this post, so I figured I drop in and see if you guys have any questions.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:46 pm 
Writes Vegan Haiku

This is a pretty cool! I like that there is a pretty hefty jerky section, I love primal strips and I would like to try some other brands. I also like how some of the products have some videos in their description, very helpful.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:53 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

there's a button at the bottom of the page that lets you see all the vegan products

http://www.fakemeats.com/VeganProducts_s/33.htm

holy heck, i think i might need *bacon* popcorn

eta: heck, it's kosher so it's gotta be awesome ;) i also love that you can see the nutritional info/ingredients, so awesome!

"But...that's the most vegetably vegetable there is!!!" -Chicki

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:01 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

oh this is dangerous, their shipping rates are quite reasonable........

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:02 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

For my birthday I want jerky!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:56 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

hi steven, i love frontier's meat broth powders! have you considered carrying that? (i'm starting to run low)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:06 pm 
Tofu Pup

supercarrot wrote:
hi steven, i love frontier's meat broth powders! have you considered carrying that? (i'm starting to run low)

Thanks for letting us know about that product! We'll add it to our list of potential future products.

Have you tried Edward and Son's Not Beef and Not Chicken bouillon? How do they compare?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:51 pm 

it's just not the same. (also, i really like not having to bother with dissolving a big huge chunk of bouillon. and the powder is extra convenient because i can use as much or as little as i need instead of having pre-measured cubes. and i don't have to dilute it in any water if i don't want to. like in soy curls, i just sprinkle it on after i squeeze out the water.) years ago, i was able to find fake beef powder, but they might have discontinued it. i now use the "chicken" in my taco meat, and it's passable. especially since i'm also adding all that chili powder.

the chicken is a MUST in the bi-annual holiday turkey roast. i easily use a full lb in a year. (as well as a lb of the plain old veggie broth powder, too.)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:59 pm 
Tofu Pup

Good points! I fully agree. We love the Butler Chik-Style seasoning for that reason. We also use the Seitenbacher vegetable broth mix quite a bit - basically any time a recipe calls for broth, we just use water and sprinkle some broth seasoning in too.

We'll look at Frontier and see how/when/if they can fit into our product lineup. Thanks again.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:21 am 
WRETCHED

FakeMeats wrote:
Good points! I fully agree. We love the Butler Chik-Style seasoning for that reason. We also use the Seitenbacher vegetable broth mix quite a bit - basically any time a recipe calls for broth, we just use water and sprinkle some broth seasoning in too.

We'll look at Frontier and see how/when/if they can fit into our product lineup. Thanks again.

I haven't checked the whole site but I couldn't find ingredient listings on products? I'm a bit wary on buying products without seeing the ingredients first.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:39 am 
WRETCHED

I did see pictures of ingredients on some products as well but an easy to read ingredient list is appreciated. On a few items, I went to check another website for ingredients.

And I totally placed an order.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:36 am 

seitenbacher is good too. (but frontier gets bonus points for being sold in bulk packaging. who needs jars when you go through it so quickly, and have your own?) :-) thanks for looking in to it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:51 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I placed an order too!

I really wanted a silly t-shirt but since I'm on a budget and can't eat it, I took it out of my shopping cart before I checked out. I did order one of their grocery totes though, on sale for $1.50.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:07 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

my order already shipped out, hurray!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:59 pm 

I'm so excited! I placed my order last night and now it has shipped!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:08 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

yes, they have great customer service. i ordered tuesday morning, my order shipped out later on tuesday, and it arrived on thursday! i'm impressed! and when i sent an e-mail (after placing my order) someone replied within an hour or two.

definitely will be ordering from fakemeats.com again.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:31 pm 

My order arrived this morning! That was astoundingly quick and I did not pay for the extra quick shipping. It's perfect timing because the first thing I'm going to make with my bran new soy curls is the smokey soy curls in Vegan Brunch for the next fortnight's challenge!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:32 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

i ordered soy curls too! the 3-bag combo pack. and a green grocery tote.
may i be nosy and ask what else you bought?

i think their standard default shipping is priority mail, but the s/h charge is right on, you can tell they do not profit off of their s/h costs.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:32 pm 

I also got the Butler Chick'n Seasoning, Hickory Bacon Salt, and The Vegg. I am supper excited to try the vegg! Ok, I'm also supper excited to cook with my soy curls, but I've tried them in a restaurant once. I've never had the vegg at all. At first I didn't think I was that impressed with the bacon salt. But it makes a really good BLT! I just spread bread with veganaise, sprinkled with bacon salt, added lettuce and tomato. And I can't wait to do it again! I'm also thinking bacon salted popcorn would be a good idea.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:53 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Oh, nice! I need to do some shopping.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:40 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Rhizopus Oligosporus wrote:
I also got the Butler Chick'n Seasoning, Hickory Bacon Salt, and The Vegg. I am supper excited to try the vegg! Ok, I'm also supper excited to cook with my soy curls, but I've tried them in a restaurant once. I've never had the vegg at all. At first I didn't think I was that impressed with the bacon salt. But it makes a really good BLT! I just spread bread with veganaise, sprinkled with bacon salt, added lettuce and tomato. And I can't wait to do it again! I'm also thinking bacon salted popcorn would be a good idea.

have you tried the vegg yet???

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:42 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

I ordered from them too! Got the parcel very fast, no complaints here. I would order from them again. I just got some Soy Curls and Primal Strips, which are awesome but I've tried both of them before so I don't have any exciting discoveries to report. :P