| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1374, 1375, 1376, 1377, 1378, 1379, 1380 ... 1828  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:44 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

I went to walk Rowdy, and he was so so so excited to go for a walk, and then we got less than 2 blocks and he heard something scary and DRAGGED me back to the house. I remember during July and August last year, it was basically impossible to walk him because he's so scared of fireworks/firecrackers. I thought it would be kind of ok today, because we could just play in the yard, but it turns out that what he was afraid of was a guy across the street using a nail gun, and he kept alternately trying to climb up onto me and claw the door to get inside. It seemed mean to make him stay out, so I let him in, but I can't hang out with him in there, so I just had to go home. Sigh. I miss my pup.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:51 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Re-discovered Symphony of Science (http://symphonyofscience.com/), life is once again great.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:15 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

lepelaar wrote:
History! Not history!

I have accidentally started more Not history! documentaries about aliens thinking I was about to watch some History! about Mayans than I feel really comfortable admitting.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:16 pm 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

I have a week to decide if I'm returning to my current position next year or not. Having panic attacks just thinking about it. AAAAAHHHHHHHHH have to decide!

Tonight, I play trivia with friends. But tomorrow night, I will have disco tots and wine for dinner. That's my thinkin' food! fork off, health. My brain gets more creative when it is fighting for its life!

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:24 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I bought some vegan clotted cream. It arrived (at work) today, so I put it in the fridge, then totally forgot about it and left it at the office. I was gonna have cream tea for dinner! Oh well. I'll do that tomorrow.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:29 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

Watching this documentary on people in an estate near where I live. I'm cringing. Seriously cringing.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:12 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Argh. Just got a super condescending email from the registrar's office regarding a concern I had. Had a verbal agreement with department head about a particular course counting for a requirement. Wanted this reflected on my record. Adviser said to contact the registrar's office and they write back going "what makes you think this is so urgent"

A) what gives them the right to comment on what stresses me out personally? B) he will have forgotten we had this agreement by next year because as it turns out, undergrads are not the most important people in professors' lives. fork off.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:36 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I would write to them pretty much anytime other than now. Registrars office employees tend to be crassholes for the entire months of April and May. It's their tax season and they are dealing with hordes of panicked students.

I found that they were lovely to deal with in June for the same issues they were asshats about in April.

Hang in there.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:46 pm 
A Bad Person

Also, get that agreement in writing, either some kind of memo or at least an email. It's harder to forget about that way.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:58 pm 
And you never will.

I think I'm going to have to stay away from the PPK until the semen cocktail thread drops off the first page. I can't handle it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:36 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

My mood is so much better since it's been warm and sunny out for the past week. I used to be a winter person, but between living in Florida for two years and losing 60 pounds, I'm totally over it. I didn't enjoy one second of it this year. Bring on the heat and humidity!

But I am kind of weirded out at how bright it is outside right now.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:51 pm 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

Sarah-Jane wrote:
Imogen wrote:
Sarah-Jane, I would ask some of the other WI members/committee about this so as to get their response, especially as I understand that the WI Federation is supportive of anyone 'living their life as a woman' being a member:

Thank you so much, Imogen. I will go along next month and see what happens. Like I said, I don't know the whole story but I would hate to be part of a group that would exclude someone simply for being trans. If I get that attitude from everyone then I will look into finding another group close by.

That sucks and yeah of course you wouldn't want to be part of a group that excludes people for being trans. If you can't find another local group you could always pop some posters up in your area and start your own awesome local renegade group!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:24 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

On second read, the email was from the registrar herself. The staff were actually really nice about it. Mostly just irritated because this was supposed to have prior authorisation and the person who made the agreement is currently in Scotland on sabbatical. My adviser is apparently one of the people in charge while he's away, but apparently they don't want his input? Never dealt with the actual registrar before. Would prefer to go back to dealing with her staff. They're always exceptionally nice.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:30 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

1. I am loving my Weezer Pandora station right now.

2. Ancho Lentil burritos are amazing.

3. Wine is amazing.

4. Sleep? Soon? Lets hope.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:43 am 

DONE with 2012 taxes. That shiitake's filed. Even though paying online is great, I'm annoyed that the Fed's recommended websites charged $10 "convenience service" for processing my payment online. I wish bank-to-bank (etc.) transfers were as easy in the US as they are in Europe.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:42 am 
WELFARIST!

I don't even know how to do taxes or what you need for them.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:31 am 

lutin wrote:
DONE with 2012 taxes. That shiitake's filed. Even though paying online is great, I'm annoyed that the Fed's recommended websites charged $10 "convenience service" for processing my payment online. I wish bank-to-bank (etc.) transfers were as easy in the US as they are in Europe.

Ugh. Never done with taxes. I read the prepared docs too early and too quickly on my laptop this morning. Good thing for print outs; I found several errors (which I think will work out in my favor?) which have to be corrected. Except I was so excited to pay and have shiitake over, that I already paid the incorrect amount due. Curses.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:54 am 
Ninja Master

I am away for work and I'm working on 2 events back to back but today is the in between day. So my client has hidden me away in the 'store cupboard' (an office, a freaking cold one!). I'm having to share it though with a guy who is a human statue on one of the stands. He can only stand there for half an hour at a time, so then he comes in here to take breaks.

Statue checking facebook on their phone - it's freakin me out!

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:36 am 
Discovered unobtainium

I'm grumpy today, so I'm probably being oversensitive, but why is it always ok to criticize skin color if you are pale? Really, I'm tired of people finding it ok to tell me they think I look like a freak and say I should use more bronzer/spray tan/go to tanning salon. I mean, fork off? I'm Irish. Yes, you can see my blue veins. I wear thick gobs of sun screen so I don't get skin cancer. I can't buy foundation easily because nobody makes it pale enough.

It's super hot day, so everybody is wearing summery stuff, and colleagues and students comment on my pale legs. Why, exactly, do I need to go get a tan?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:50 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I never got this either, LW. I'm quite pale, and was rather proud of it. But people made it seem like some terrible thing, especially when I lived in Alabama. Don't get me wrong, I like the bit of colour I get in the summer and it bothers me that my legs never quite catch up (I'd like to at least be even" but, hi, winter just ended and I'm not going to be bronzed!

People always comment when I go away somewhere warm that I come back with little or no tan. I don't get why they have to comment?

If I haven't seen someone in a while and they look darker than usual I will sometimes ask "did you go on vacation?" If it is someone I am comfortable with, but beyond that it doesn't even occur to me to mention.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:55 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

As I was drifting off to sleep last night... gun shots. They were quit a ways away from me. But not that far.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:08 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

We just had to get the electrician in to replace a light switch that he replaced no more than a year and a half ago. The wiring in this building is really dodgy, but we're responsible for any repairs even though we only lease the place (and the landlords are the ones who had the building remodeled by cowboy electricians). The report itself is gonna cost a couple hundred pounds, so there's no telling what it'll cost to get it rewired. Ugh.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:09 am 
Not NOT A Furry

LW, super pale people unite! At some point, I hope people get over the bronze = beautiful mentality. I mean, I get that it was the preferred look for a long time, but once they figured out that tanning can lead to skin cancer and early aging, then people just replaced it with chemicals! I don't get why people get so weirded out by paleness... have they never seen Dita von Teese?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:28 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

rachell37 wrote:
We just had to get the electrician in to replace a light switch that he replaced no more than a year and a half ago. The wiring in this building is really dodgy, but we're responsible for any repairs even though we only lease the place (and the landlords are the ones who had the building remodeled by cowboy electricians). The report itself is gonna cost a couple hundred pounds, so there's no telling what it'll cost to get it rewired. Ugh.

What a bunch of crepe!

Bah, I cannot stop eating the past couple of days. I'm 99% positive that it's because I'm PMS-y and that I'm exercising again and that I've been trying to eat smaller portions, but sheesh! I feel like I'm eating all day long! Also, I go to get the loan put in my account today. It's going to be so weird to see my balance so high, and knowing that it's not really...real. Like, it's not mine.

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:49 am 
Seagull of the PPK

omg. why don't people read their goddamn emails?! if i say "just to clarify: i only do XX" then please don't email me saying "oh my god you can do Y Z and Q!"
uh, no. read your goddamn email. if i have to waste my time repeating things, you can bet i'm not going to collaborate with you.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1374, 1375, 1376, 1377, 1378, 1379, 1380 ... 1828  Next