| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2859 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92 ... 115  Next
 Post subject: Re: Running!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:36 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

i went for my first run in over a week. between the easter holiday [gym closed for 5 days straight! not good!], having extra work and then having the period from hell and being dizzy for two days, I decided to go running when we went to the beach. I had a great run. No notion of how far or how long, none whatsoever. I ran down the beach. Stopped when I found something interesting, or wanted to stop. Saw a pizza-sized jellyfish washed up. Ran back along the road, saw a bunch of burrowing owls. Got a bit sunburned [boo]. But it was nice.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:11 am 
Lubes With Earth Balance

^ Those runs are the best. Sounds awesome.

Today I ran a little over 6 k. 20 seconds faster than last time I ran this route, about 10 days ago or something. Not a huge speed increase, but it feels good to get faster at all considering I've cut back so much on running the last couple of weeks.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:59 am 
Seagull of the PPK

omg! went running in an underwire bra yesterday (which i NEVER do) and got the most nasty rug burn from the wire! oozy and yucky. so not cool.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:13 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

I just completed my first week of the Zombies Run! C25K training program. I found out that I can run for 10 minutes straight, which is about 9 minutes and 35 seconds longer than I thought I could run! It's not very dignified looking...but still!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:38 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Farm Sanctuary co-founder Gene Baur is the celebrity runner on the back page of this month's Runners World!
LINK: http://www.runnersworld.com/celebrity-runners/gene-baur

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:47 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Nebraskalaska wrote:
I just completed my first week of the Zombies Run! C25K training program. I found out that I can run for 10 minutes straight, which is about 9 minutes and 35 seconds longer than I thought I could run! It's not very dignified looking...but still!

Nice one. Well done you! I'm too scared to even look into the Zombies run thing. I think it would scare the living crepe out of me! Might improve my PB though!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:56 pm 

quagga wrote:
Farm Sanctuary co-founder Gene Baur is the celebrity runner on the back page of this month's Runners World!

Thanks for posting this it was very interesting. What a cool guy.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:34 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

Chickpea wrote:
Nebraskalaska wrote:

Nice one. Well done you! I'm too scared to even look into the Zombies run thing. I think it would scare the living crepe out of me! Might improve my PB though!

Thanks! I do find myself with a heightened sense of paranoia when using it. However, there's a good narrative besides the zombies which make it a lot of fun to follow!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:59 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

quagga wrote:

I saw a recent runner's world quote of the day was from him!! Whoa!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:34 pm 

I've just got back from the gym. I stepped on the treadmill & then the next minute I was on the floor. The previous user had left it running & I didn't notice. I've hurt my wrists, neck & cut my knees open. The worst thing was the gym was full & not one person asked me if I was okay & I was too hurt & shocked to be able to do my run.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:35 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

I'm really sorry that happened to you Chickpea! It sounds like your gym is full of inconsiderate people.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:40 pm 

Nebraskalaska wrote:
I'm really sorry that happened to you Chickpea! It sounds like your gym is full of inconsiderate people.

I feel pretty stupid that I didn't notice it was running but how the fork do you get off a treadmill without switching it off?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:48 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

what kind of fuckbag would leave their treadmill running and WALK AWAY? that's horrible! even worse the reaction?! even my gym i think they would be solicitous. i'm so sorry, that's so many different types of terrible in one event.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:04 pm 

Thank you both. I'm surprised at how much it's shaken me up & how upset I am. Your replies have made me feel like I'm not totally over reacting.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:12 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

i am angry on your behalf. want me to call up your gym and yell at them?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:59 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I'm so sorry that happened to you, Chickpea! So aggravating when a bad thing gets compounded by even more inconsiderate people. I hope you recuperate quickly! And then, if you can, run outside!! (which has its own set of drawbacks) :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:58 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

torque wrote:
omg! went running in an underwire bra yesterday (which i NEVER do) and got the most nasty rug burn from the wire! oozy and yucky. so not cool.

Holy shiitake ow!! As the chafing queen (even in a sports bra), this makes me cringe!

"I can't help but feel bad for the Tofurky for having a beer can shoved up it's soy hole." --nickvicious

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:29 pm 

quagga wrote:
I'm so sorry that happened to you, Chickpea! So aggravating when a bad thing gets compounded by even more inconsiderate people. I hope you recuperate quickly! And then, if you can, run outside!! (which has its own set of drawbacks) :)

Thanks Quagga. The filling from my tooth fell out yesterday which I'm sure is from my teeth getting slammed as I fell. I much prefer running outside but it's just been SOOO cold or really windy. The weather is supposed to be warming up this week though.
torque wrote:
i am angry on your behalf. want me to call up your gym and yell at them?

I don't want to go back there for a while. It has really knocked my confidence & is giving me a lot of anxiety. Luckily with the membership I have I can use a few different gyms. It's just that is the only one with a steam room & sauna.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:37 pm 

I ran a 4-mile race today in Central Park. Kind of chilly but I felt really great throughout the whole thing. Yay! I've got another one lined up for next weekend. Somebody stop me.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:15 am 
Seagull of the PPK

so jealous!! i am still too nervous to actually run a race, because i am a dope. [i ran cross country races throughout high school and i'm sure a therapist would have a lot of fun picking this apart]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:22 am 

I do them by myself and with friends for fun all the time! I set absolutely zero expectations for myself, and that makes it a lot easier to just relax and have fun. For me, I like having another one under my belt more than setting a PR. And if I happen to run faster than I normally do, cool.

If you ever happen to be visiting NY and want to run a race with someone, hit me up. Seriously!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:45 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

The snow is finally starting to melt away from the forest and I can't wait to get out in the trails!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:09 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

So I joined a trail running group on meetup. Most of the group are exclusive trail runners (very few road runners) and many of them are ultra racers but they are all super friendly and welcoming. They do a weekly 10-15km runs on Tuesday and "hills" (a mountain ascent!) on Wednesdays plus random stuff on the weekends.

I went out on tuesday and we did between 12-13km on the trails and it was great! I'm going to try and get out most weeks and I'm looking forward to see how this impacts my road running. Exciting!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:36 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

So I've started a training plan for 10 k in 65 min 5 weeks ago and it's going great. My next run will take me the whole 10 k but in longer time than the goal. However, I think I want to switch to a half marathon training plan... I would really love to run one this early fall, most preferrably in Reykjavik, Iceland, but if that wont be possible due to work there's also Stockholm, Sweden (2 hours by train). Now I just need to find a new training program and switch to. I've been using the plan on runkeeper, but the half marathon one is not adjusted to the metric system and even though I guess I could convert it it irritates me!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:49 pm 
Dead by dawn

torque wrote:
so jealous!! i am still too nervous to actually run a race, because i am a dope. [i ran cross country races throughout high school and i'm sure a therapist would have a lot of fun picking this apart]

Races are so much fun! You should really try one... with no expectations. There will be people of all levels running, and you get so much energy from the crowd (runners and spectators.)

Reply to topic  [ 2859 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92 ... 115  Next