| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Silk iced latte
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:51 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Why can't I find this anywhere? I need this product.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:43 pm 
WELFARIST!

I bought mine at Target. They don't put it with the other nut milks, though. They put it next to the other cartons of latte beverages (usually to the left of the milk). Also, it's $3.99 there- almost a dollar cheaper than at Hannaford.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:45 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Ah ok. I'll check around in Wegmans then. I've only looked in the natural foods case.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:48 pm 
WELFARIST!

They put in the natural food section at Hannaford but for some reason Target has it with the other iced latte cartons. I thought that was kind of weird but maybe it'll get more exposure there to people who might otherwise skip over soy milk.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:53 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

They did that a Meijer too, put it next to the dairy latte drinks. But they keep all of the cold milks together so it's still right next to the soy milk. And then after selling it for two weeks, they removed it AND the dairy latte. What the fizz.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:57 am 
Who's Ted Leo?

I keep seeing it, it is roughly $3.99 here. I have yet to buy it for the boyfriend who used to dig those bottled StarBucks drinks...If there was a decaf version I would buy it for myself to try out...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:24 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I just tried the vanilla one. . . found it for $2.50 at the discount grocery store. It tastes pretty much exactly like I expected it to: sweet, vanilla-flavored mediocre coffee. In other words, delicious (to me). I also poured it onto my cereal because I didn't have any other milks handy at the time. I need to do this more often, because it was awesome. I mean, the cereals I eat are all sickeningly sweet anyway; I don't think it would be as good on neutral-flavored cereals.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:54 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I just want to know if Y.K.T. has any containers left!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:31 pm 
Bought A BRAND NEW CAR!

lilyyw wrote:
I just tried the vanilla one. . . found it for $2.50 at the discount grocery store. It tastes pretty much exactly like I expected it to: sweet, vanilla-flavored mediocre coffee. In other words, delicious (to me). I also poured it onto my cereal because I didn't have any other milks handy at the time. I need to do this more often, because it was awesome. I mean, the cereals I eat are all sickeningly sweet anyway; I don't think it would be as good on neutral-flavored cereals.

So, this reminds me of my uncle (a Croatian Swede...). When we were in Croatia, I noticed how he ate his breakfast. He basically cubed up bread, put it in a bowl and poured milky coffee over it. Ate it with a spoon.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:24 am 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

My stinking kids thought it was chocolate silk and drank half of it before I got any. They loved it. I thought it was ok. I think I expected it to be creamier. It would make a good milk shake I bet! It's the mocha one.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 12:56 pm 
Saggy Butt

lilyyw wrote:

I also found it on clearance at Ralphs (CA) for $2.50, while I did some shopping right before a planned trip to Starbucks. I was excited to think I'd have several iced coffees for less than the price of one Sbux venti iced soy latte... but I've been pretty disappointed. The Silk eggnog was SO yummy (used it as coffee creamer), so I had high expectations - but this was just meh: not horrible, but not good, and WAY too sweet.

I've nearly finished it off, however, by blending it with lots of ice and equal parts unsweetened almond milk for my own frappuccino-esque drink.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 1:13 pm 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

Yeah, I had to cut mine with extra coffee to make it drinkable because it's so sweet.

I figured out what it tastes like, though--YOOHOO.

But I never liked Yoohoo, so I'm not terribly surprised that I didn't like this. Agreed that it's a bummer, because I love Silk Nog!

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:40 pm 
Who's Ted Leo?

i got a few coupons - it will make it like a $1 at Target this week. my boyfriend digs it so i will get him some!

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 4:08 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

This stuff doesn't really taste like coffee to me. It's kind of sickly sweet. I use a splash in regular coffee as a creamer and it's alright. Probably won't buy it again.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 4:50 pm 
Who's Ted Leo?

i use it as creamer too - the boyfriend likes it strait on.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:06 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

I love the mocha one! I think it tastes exactly like those Starbucks Frappucinos in bottles that I got at gas stations when I was 14 and I thought they made me super kewl.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 8:41 am 
Not NOT A Furry

I love the mocha one too but I probably won't get it again because it's 100 calories per 8-oz serving, I could easily drink three servings at once, and I try not to "drink my calories." Plus I am trying to learn to like unsweetened coffee. Day Three and surviving!

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 2:07 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

My mom just bought a carton for me. I've been looking everywhere, but she found it at, of all places, the crappy Food Lion across the street that doesn't even sell tofu!

I haven't tried it yet, but the sugar content isn't too bad: 18g for 8 oz of the mocha flavor. That's a lot lower than most non-diet sweetened beverages. I'll try some over lots of ice when I go to work tonight. If its too sweet, I'll add some quinoa-hazelnut milk.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:05 pm 
Tofu Pup

I bought the Silk Latte both flavors and they were delicious on ice. My energy was boosted 10-fold. I drank coffee for 4 decades and always wanted to quit because it made me irritable and tired. Yessss...tired. Well I haven't touched coffee for 2 weeks now and I did not get the migraine headache that coffee addicts get when try to quit coffee. I have more energy than I had for years and I think the drink is delicious.

What is everyone's problem here? Silk latte is a healthy alternative for coffee addicts. Try it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:20 pm 

Wait. What?

In other news, whenever I get the vanilla flavor I scream about how it's so awful that even my french techniques can't save it.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:42 pm 
Inflexitarian

Is it bad that I drank two whole containers of this in two days? I don't even like coffee. In my defense I was visiting home and had very little sleep.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:18 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

$4.99 at Food Lion and like $4.19 at the Commissary. I just keep leftover coffee from my morning brew and put it in a mason jar and add milk when I want iced coffee.

What I NEED, and they will not answer me on twitter even though they usually do, is this stuff in single servings at convenience stores.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:18 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

oh, but yeah, the vanilla is chemically not so amazing.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:35 pm 

If you live anywhere near a Kroger or Target, they run deals a lot and Silk is always putting out coupons! I blew my sister-in-laws mind by getting Silk almond milk at Target for .97 cents.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:03 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

barbhe53 wrote:
I bought the Silk Latte both flavors and they were delicious on ice. My energy was boosted 10-fold. I drank coffee for 4 decades and always wanted to quit because it made me irritable and tired. Yessss...tired. Well I haven't touched coffee for 2 weeks now and I did not get the migraine headache that coffee addicts get when try to quit coffee. I have more energy than I had for years and I think the drink is delicious.

What is everyone's problem here? Silk latte is a healthy alternative for coffee addicts. Try it.

*scratches head* Um, they do contain coffee...so you haven't quit coffee. Coffee is the first ingredient.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next