| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3616 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95 ... 145  Next
 Post subject: Re: First World Problems
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:52 am 
Discovered unobtainium

Maybe it's nerve if you are only going to run yourself off the road and don't care, but in traffic with other people around you? It's selfish and idiotic.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:28 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Lavawitch, relax, I was sitting at a traffic light that I sit at every morning, and of course in reality it took about 2 seconds to open the insert. I threw in the driving with a stick shift part because it complements the pettiness of this FWP and makes the drama of the situation seem that much more horrible to deal with (sarcasm). Since this whole thread is rooted in minor "dramas" it didn't seem out of line.
But it does highlight a good PSA: kids, don't open CD inserts while driving stick in traffic. Particularly when zippering on the highway.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:14 pm 
Impressive boner

I made an enormous chocolate cake at the weekend with peanut butter chocolate fudge icing. I ate 3/4 of it then decided it was a bit too chocolate-y for me and gave the rest to my sister. Now I want chocolate cake.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:44 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

emmalv wrote:
Lavawitch, relax, I was sitting at a traffic light that I sit at every morning, and of course in reality it took about 2 seconds to open the insert. I threw in the driving with a stick shift part because it complements the pettiness of this FWP and makes the drama of the situation seem that much more horrible to deal with (sarcasm). Since this whole thread is rooted in minor "dramas" it didn't seem out of line.
But it does highlight a good PSA: kids, don't open CD inserts while driving stick in traffic. Particularly when zippering on the highway.

Well, you didn't say that! I drive a lot each day and see people do lots of scary stuff while driving. I also sit waiting for lots of accidents on 95 to be cleared. As I drive out of school each day, I see kids texting and doing all sorts of distracted stuff. Scares the shiitake out of me.

Riding a motorcycle makes you hyper aware of just how distracted many drivers are. We have to assume everybody is out to kill us.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:13 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

I totally get it. The 15 Las Vegas freeway is like a crash 'em up derby and not just on the weekends or at night when you expect accidents to be drinking related. It slays me when I see what people do when they are driving - this guy yesterday had his macpad or laptop near his dash and was typing with one hand and driving with the other! Or those that put mascara on while driving - good to way to get your eyeball skewered let alone kill someone else.

Alas, rest assured it was just hyperbole in the spirit of the thread :) (And I still think its dumb that the song list was inside the insert. Pff.)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:18 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Oh Jesus. Makeup while driving, what the hell. I'll put on lip balm whole driving sometimes, but I don't need a mirror for that so it doesn't take any attention or focus off the road.

I've seen people read the newspaper, brush their teeth (I almost ran into the car in front of me watching that guy), pluck eyebrows, and eat with a fork.

A couple years ago, a woman in Florida killed a motorcyclist because she was painting her nails while driving. From what I recall she got serious jail time, more, actually than a drunk driver got for also killing a motorcyclist in Florida around the same time.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:52 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

The scariest thing I've ever done while driving is eat a burrito.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:34 pm 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

I can't decide which colour suitcase to buy!

Not-For-Profit Cupcakes: Operation Icing.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:39 pm 
Impressive boner

The scariest thing I've ever done whilst driving is sneeze. Closing my eyes for more than a blink is too much for me.

My dinner of tacos has scratched up the inside of my mouth.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:15 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

8ball wrote:
The scariest thing I've ever done whilst driving is sneeze. Closing my eyes for more than a blink is too much for me.

This! I always have a mini panic attack whenever I need to sneeze while driving, especially since I usually sneeze 3 times once I get started. I'm afraid that the person in front of me is going to slam on their brakes in the few milliseconds my eyes are closed and I'll get into a wreck!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:23 pm 
Writes Vegan Haiku

My laptop (newish MacBook Pro I'm still paying off) only has 1:54 left of battery, so I'll have to change the position that I'm lying in if I want to watch Netflix so I can plug it in.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:48 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

I used to eat mashed potatoes with a spoon while driving. I'd hold the wheel and the tupperware at the same time and spoon with my other hand. I remember it was hard and I knew it was dangerous, but I did it all the time! *I was 16. *I don't drive at all anymore.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:51 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

julialegume wrote:
I used to eat mashed potatoes with a spoon while driving. I'd hold the wheel and the tupperware at the same time and spoon with my other hand. I remember it was hard and I knew it was dangerous, but I did it all the time! *I was 16. *I don't drive at all anymore.

One time I tried to eat a burrito while driving. It seems not as bad as mashed potatoes because it'sa self-contained thing you eat with your hands, and it was wrapped in foil, but holy hell it was the dumbest thing I've ever done.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:10 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

I've done a LOT of stupid things while driving, and I'm exceptionally thankful that I didn't get in a wreck doing any of them. Keep in mind that (almost) all of this happened before I turned 25, so I don't do these things anymore:
-Eating with a fork.
-Putting my hair up in a bun with an ink pen.
-Flipping through the CD holder to decide which one to listen to next.
-Changing clothes (including pants) - still not sure how I actually accomplished that one.

I'm sure there are more. But I do NOT text while driving - never have, never will. I rarely talk on the phone. I've gotten super-careful in the last 10 years, and I'm shocked at the crepe me and my friends used to do.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:46 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Why is my netflix so small? I need a magnifying glass! (Videos show at proper size.)

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:03 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Freetahtah wrote:
8ball wrote:

This! I always have a mini panic attack whenever I need to sneeze while driving, especially since I usually sneeze 3 times once I get started. I'm afraid that the person in front of me is going to slam on their brakes in the few milliseconds my eyes are closed and I'll get into a wreck!

When I was ten, I sneezed uncontrollably whilst riding my bike, crashed into a wall and broke my arm. Nearly forty years later, my family still think this wildly hilarious.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:54 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I really have to pee but I don't feel like getting up off the couch.

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:34 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

lepelaar wrote:
I really have to pee but I don't feel like getting up off the couch.

This statement describes me far more often than I'm comfortable with.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:51 am 
Nooch of Earl

Same here, especially when my daughter's asleep because I have to go *all the way to the other side of the house* to pee where it won't risk waking her up, because the two nearest bathrooms are on either side of her bedroom.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:19 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

jogirl, there's something un-describable about how a family holds onto a memory collectively. awwww

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:41 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

allularpunk wrote:
The scariest thing I've ever done while driving is eat a burrito.

And it was good, but boy was it filling.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:12 am 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

I bought a big glass jar of coconut oil at Whole Foods ($18) and because the bagger did a crappy job and packed leaky wet things on their side, the bag broke and the jar of coconut oil fell out and shattered all over the sidewalk in front of my house. I called WF and they said I can get my money back next time I'm there, but I bought the coconut oil because I needed it then, dammit!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:35 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Zara changed how their sizing works so now their blazers still button fine but I can't raise my arms at all. Back to the store.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:34 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Freetahtah wrote:
8ball wrote:

I rear-ended somebody that way. So did my mom.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:39 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

starrynight87 wrote:
Freetahtah wrote:
8ball wrote:

I rear-ended somebody that way. So did my mom.

Oh my gosh! Hope you guys were okay!

This is seriously one of my worst fears. I try so hard to keep my eyes open (yeah.... I know you actually can't haha) and I end up making the weirdest faces.

Reply to topic  [ 3616 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95 ... 145  Next