| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 893 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 36  Next
 Post subject: Re: Can we have a "The Yard randomness thread"?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:30 am 
Discovered unobtainium

Yes, half the fun of being a cockatiel is making the feather dust mess. Ours does that to my mom.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:21 am 
Seagull of the PPK

best: going out without changing my clothes. it looks like i have the world's worst dandruff on only one side of my head. good times.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:53 am 
Dead by dawn

daisychain wrote:
Oh lw! You make me so jealous of your relationship with Molly! My tiel HATES me!!!

Lexi is so hilarious. When I go away for a short few hours I leave her inside especially if it is raining outside. The routine is always the same, I go and she heads straight upstairs, breaks in to the spare room, sits up on the bed and stares out the window with a serious face until I come back in the door. The neighbour says she looks really creepy when she does it because she looks so deadly serious and just watches her like she is challenging her to dare to break into the house.

I could have written this exact post. My cockatiel doesn't exactly hate me... I mean he likes chit-chatting with me but for the most part, he doesn't want me anywhere near him except on his very limited terms. Hands are not OK, and only very barely tolerated when it means food or water.

And Amos spends his days on the back of the loveseat, in the living room window, looking for me to come back. Most of the time, by the time I get the door locked and walk a couple steps to the gate, he's already upstairs looking down at me.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:50 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

When I want to pet Loulou on the head & she's not into it, she'll put her paw on my hand, direct my hand downwards (to the couch or wherever) and keep it firmly in place. "No touching!"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:10 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

my dog does the complete opposite.
he rams his head under my hand or under my shoulder until i pet him. it's like he's saying "ummm hello! hands are for petting lady!"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:07 pm 
Nooch of Earl

Cat.

Diarrhea.

Carpet.

Horror.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:57 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

annak wrote:
Cat.

Diarrhea.

Carpet.

Horror.

I am on the quest to remove all the carpet from my house. Carpet is the devil!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:11 am 
Nooch of Earl

It really is! And we have this grayish-beige stuff here that is the WORST for showing stains. I bought a cheapo steam cleaner and it does as good a job as the grocery store ones, but it doesn't remove the permanent stains really, just cleans up the cat and baby accidents slightly better than nothing.

Before this house we only had one house with any carpet that we lived in for like 5 months, and that was just the upstairs bedrooms. In general this house is awesome and I was thrilled to find it (amazing deck! on a canyon with a million dollar view (albeit of the highway)! tons of space!), but if there's one thing that drives me nuts, it's that except for kitchen and bathrooms it's the same fugly, easily staining carpet.

Also, the cat threw up all over last night, and shat or puked (I can't even tell) on a sewing pattern I had laid out over this stretch lace fabric, which means that it ruined the pattern, required washing the fabric, and got the carpet underneath too. @#$%ing hell.

We ran out of one bag of food, and i gave him a can then remembered I had another bag of dry food. So maybe it was the can (that brand is sometimes great and sometimes makes him sick!), maybe it was the dry food. There are so many brands of cat food that we have had to stop using because we get bad bags like 1/3 of the time. Then I have to put him on a diet of basically canned chicken and fish until it's passed. ARGGGH I am so sick of this. I just wish I could give him food, and it wouldn't make him sick. If I could find just one decent brand. Not sure if it's the handling or what - this has happened over multiple brands, multiple pet stores... I'm so frustrated.

(obVeg: we're giving him meat-based food because the vegan food was such a health debacle and we tried many many things to make it work. After hospitalization and multiple vet visits I gave up on that.)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:54 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Moon wrote:
annak wrote:
Cat.

Diarrhea.

Carpet.

Horror.

I am on the quest to remove all the carpet from my house. Carpet is the devil!

Yes! It was such a pain in the asparagus when we had to rip up all our carpeting, but I am so glad now! The other day when Tegan ate some tea and then had explosive diarrhea, I kept thinking about how much easier it is to clean up pet accidents now. Plus the musty wet dog smell that always appeared whenever it was damp out is totally gone now. When we ripped the carpeting up and saw what the carpet pads looked like, it was completely disgusting. And there was a layer of dirt underneath the carpet pad, too. And I vacuumed constantly and we had our own steam cleaner thing, so the carpets looked clean, but obviously they weren't! I definitely recommend getting rid of carpets for anyone who has pets and/or kids!

I was just out in the yard picking up poop, and I could hear the kids in the next yard talking about my dog. The first kid said, "What kind of dog is in that yard?" and the second kid said, "A police dog." The first kid said, "No, not that one. The one that looks like Lassie, but it has a brown face," and the second kid said, "Oh that one. That's a house dog." The first kid asked if house dogs protected houses, and the second kid said yes. I think I might start telling people that Tegan is a house dog when they ask what breed she is.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:05 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I took Molly for wing clippy clip. She has been getting very car sick lately. Today, she started barfing as we were driving down the driveway (is it possible to get car sick that fast? Or was she barfing for attention because she didn't want to go? Birds keep food in their crop, so they can barf on cue).

I remember that back when she was a wee baby bird and we took long car rides, I use to put my finger through the travel cage and she would hold on, so I did that today and she stopped acting car sick as long as she had her little foot wrapped around my finger.

So sweet. (I feel guilty about the wing clipping though. Wish she didn't turn into a megolomaniac.)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:13 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I need to stop thinking Lex is a small little dog. Today on our walk she ran and managed to jump a 5foot wall with ease. She had a run around then jumped back onto the road where I was. Minx.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:14 pm 
Writes Vegan Haiku

Today I brought my 65 lb bird dog to school for a study group with me. He sat at my feet and laid his head on my knee the whole time and I was so in love!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:57 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

The cowbag rolled in fox poo in the woods then got it all over my hands. Fox poo is seriously vile.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:40 pm 
Impressive boner

Sigh. Oscarblob is on antibiotics for a week. He's a beast to give medicine to and fights it every time.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:51 pm 
Writes Vegan Haiku

8ball wrote:
Sigh. Oscarblob is on antibiotics for a week. He's a beast to give medicine to and fights it every time.

I'm sure you've heard every trick in the book. Good luck!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:10 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

8ball wrote:

Uggggh. I've had some impossible to medicate rats so I feel your pain!

I don't know what made me decide that today was the day to bath the dogs. Now they smell delicious and are so cute and fluffy but despite my dogs being fairly well behaved I still ended up totally drenched and I made a pile of towels sopping wet. Two little chihuahuas and 45 lb Tungsten. How did it become such an ordeal.

Tungsten haaaaaattttteeeessss water but he was especially good today and even hopped in the tub when I asked him to despite him knowing exactly what was going to happen. I love him.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:04 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

My mom ordered Tegan some new Orbee balls!

It was exciting, but now she is upset because Basko is carrying one around and Tegan thinks that all the Orbees belong only to her.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:47 am 
Seagull of the PPK

the neighbor's little jackrussel/doxie keeps getting out of their yard [they stake him out, but he somehow slips his collar and can get through the fence]. we keep rescuing him from getting hit by cars, as he's not too smart.

so now what is he doing, but coming into MY yard and shitting all over everything. I was sure Nacho would seriously injure a smaller dog getting into my yard, but apparently it's a dog party or something. ugh.

[the neighbor keeps saying "oh, i guess i need to put something in the fence so he can't get out" but this is the neighbor that took a year to put up a mailbox on her house (the mailman threw their mail on teh ground at one point) and she's just stopped throwing her trash in my garden so i hate to be rude and have more trash in the backyard. so i guess i will just put up with it.]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:35 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Molly is picking the sprinkles off my mini donuts. Not because she wants to eat them, but because this is apparently fun. She ate the coconut bacon bits though.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:36 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Rhodie is napping on the couch next to me and just now smacked his little lips while yawning. Then he flopped his head down on my leg-pillow very dramatically, I guess because being adorable is exhausting.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:32 am 
WELFARIST!

Awww....look at Tegan with her Orbees!

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:22 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I hate breed specific legislation and I hate that people think they are experts on what dogs should be muzzled because of breed specific legislation.

Then I also hate the fact that when people see a dog muzzled it just adds to the stigma of dogs that come under BSL and there apparently aggressive nature.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 1:46 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Just spent 5 minutes trying to get a paper cup out of Basko's mouth, but he swallowed it (it had ice cream residue on it, and he was NOT letting it go!). I hope he poops it out!!!

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 1:52 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I'm sure he will be the finest. Dogs always poop out the weirdest of things that you didn't even know they ate.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 1:57 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

There was a moth on the ceiling the other night and Tristan was so stressed out by it! He was staring and meowing and huffing and grumbling and staring at me going "DO SOMETHING, MOM!" and pacing back and forth. It was really cute how concerned he was that we immediately remove it from the premises.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 893 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 36  Next