| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3602 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102 ... 145  Next
 Post subject: Re: Weight loss peeps - where you at?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:57 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I'm down to a point where I'm probably around the weight I was when I stabilized after my thru-hike. I'm relatively ok with the size but would like to lose some more (for aesthetic reasons/training reasons). But it's so hard to get over the hump of being kind of ok with it. Because now I don't want to track nearly as closely as I have previously.

Motivation, come back to meeee!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:11 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Scale is at 144.0

I really, really, really hate that weight. I've been trying to get below it all damn year. Admittedly, I've tried harder some times than others, but, ugh!

15lbs to lose. I need to remind myself how great I felt and looked at 130 everytime I feel like eating crepe. At least my mom has started buying nonvegan junk food. Helps a little, but I still bought salsa Tias, ice cream sandwiches, hail Mary chocolate mint tart, and a Crispy Kat bar at Wegmans. Then got home and wondered what the fizzle to have for dinner. (never go grocery shopping when tired, stressed, and unhappy)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:18 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Oh. I didn't eat all that! I just bought it. I ate the Crispy Cat bar. The rest is like a security blanket. I'll cut the Hail Mry tart into pieces for treats at lunch at work. Those are super rich, so I get 3 servings from one, not that I buy them very often since they are way too $$.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:03 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Urgh. I just couldn't stop eating today. Darn PMS is kicking in. My appetite is so huge that I broke out the green tea this evening to try quell my appetite. It didn't work. I ate 4 muffins today. Thankfully they were popular at work and most where gone by lunch time.

I don't think I am going to stand on the scales this week.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:56 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

I've finally weighed myself after three weeks of not smoking (and eating a LOT more cookies). I'm up 7 pounds. Sonofabeet.

Yay, and verily he said unto them, "Eat this nooch for it tastes kind of like cheese, and drink this kombucha for it is awesome. And don't be a vegan hating douche because no one likes an asshat." - DancesWithTofu

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:45 pm 
Saggy Butt

Ugh. Got off track while I was sick and have gained four or five pounds. Back on MFP tomorrow... sigh.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:55 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I am 5 lbs below my pre-pregnancy weight! 5 to go to me "wedding" weight ;) My husband is failing miserably at following a dairy free, egg free vegetarian diet. I have been making all sorts of lovely food from AFR and Color Me Vegan and he does eat it and says its good...but then he goes out and buys a fast food hamburger while he is supposed to be getting nails from the hardware store. !!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:16 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

my goal weight is in my sights! but it will probably be another month before I hit it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:45 am 
Ninja Master

I am sucking at this tracking and losing weight crepe lately. I am a bridesmaid in 4 months and I've gained, not lost. Thankfully I don't have my dress yet so at least it won't have to be let out! But I'm on it today! I brought a salad and healthy snacks to work today and I'm going to the gym straight after work. I just need to try and stick to it.

I'd like to lose 1/2 stone by holiday (2nd week of june) and a stone by the wedding, which is totally doable. I'm not setting any further goals than that yet, as it makes it too overwhelming otherwise.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:32 pm 
Inflexitarian

Finally, FINALLY, under 200. FINALLY!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:36 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

assilembob wrote:

Congratulations! Woo!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:07 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

assilembob wrote:

Way to go!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:29 pm 

Go you, assilembob!! That's super exciting!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:31 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

assilembob wrote:

Well done!!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:27 am 
Lubes With Earth Balance

assilembob wrote:

Awesome! How exciting to hit such a milestone!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:03 am 
Ninja Master

assilembob wrote:

YAY! Congrats!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:02 am 
Ninja Master

I've been doing some reading up and I think I'm gonna have to make some changes. According to all these calculators I should be losing weight by eating 1700-1800 calories a day but I've always stuck to 1200 during teh week because it has worked for me and increasing it hasn't. But maybe this is where I'm going wrong, because it's not maintainable and then I just fall off the wagon and put it all back on.

I might try a few weeks eating at around 1500 a day and making sure to count at the weekend too, even if I have a bad day.

It's so confusing. Sites like Myfitnesspal tell you 1200 a day and my mum who has been a serial dieter forever sticks to around 1000 in the week and eats a bit more at weekends. She won't listen when I tell her that's too low!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:04 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

baps wrote:
I've been doing some reading up and I think I'm gonna have to make some changes. According to all these calculators I should be losing weight by eating 1700-1800 calories a day but I've always stuck to 1200 during teh week because it has worked for me and increasing it hasn't. But maybe this is where I'm going wrong, because it's not maintainable and then I just fall off the wagon and put it all back on.

I might try a few weeks eating at around 1500 a day and making sure to count at the weekend too, even if I have a bad day.

It's so confusing. Sites like Myfitnesspal tell you 1200 a day and my mum who has been a serial dieter forever sticks to around 1000 in the week and eats a bit more at weekends. She won't listen when I tell her that's too low!

It IS so confusing! I find it really frustrating too, there is so much information available - which one is riiiiight. Myfitnesspal has me on 1350 calories a day, and it seems to be working for me. I'm losing what it says I should be losing and I feel pretty good. I go above on the weekends / don't track my food. Lower than that is not sustainable for me (moody, binging).

I would give 1500 a go for a few weeks, see if a change works for you!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:41 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I am no longer a DD cup I don't even think I am a D cup anymore! No matter how much weight I lose or gain in general my boobs tend to stay pretty static because I think they are mostly mammary tissue? I'm going to go with that. I think it's not so much that I've lost weight because I haven't lost that much but that my body composition has changed drastically.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:27 pm 
***LIES!!!***

assilembob - that is so awesome! I am looking forward to the same milestone.

baps - In the past, I've followed the rule of eating according to my basal metabolic rate (there are a million calculators for this online). At that time, it was about 1400 calories a day and I found if I ate that much, I would be sufficiently satisfied and not crazed and was able to maintain it for a pretty long time (long enough to lose about 40 pounds pretty slowly, which I mostly kept off for several years). The real problem to me seems to be that when you eat too few calories, you may wind up moving so much less without being aware of it (things like getting off the couch less, fidgeting less, seeking out shorter routes), and it's easy to negate a big chunk of your caloric deficit so that you might actually lose weight with the same speed eating 1500 calories a day as you do eating 1300.

Now, though, I'm aiming for 1000 a day which means I wind up settling in just under 1200 most days. Medically monitored weight loss diets usually clock in around 800 calories a day and are often intended to be long-term, so I'm not actually worried about eating too few calories as long as I'm meeting all my nutritional goals (particularly eating enough protein - I aim for at least 60 grams a day, more protein while dieting can be protective against muscle loss and also be more satisfying), which I am doing pretty well at. (If I were failing to meet those goals, I'd increase calories in order to reach them, but so far so good.) I take a multivitamin, calcium, Vitamin D, and B-12 for extra insurance. I am on my diet 5 and a half days a week and take off Friday evening through Saturday and try to just eat reasonably then. This method is the only way I'm feeling like my results are fast enough to keep me motivated because I was/am in kind of a dark place over my current weight, so I hope they continue to be fast!

ETA: Just looked up my BMR out of curiosity since I haven't done that since gaining this weight and now it's around 1700, so that gives me lots of wiggle room should I decide at some point that my current regimen is untenable.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:06 pm 

My BMR is 1565 according to one calculator. I've been following the FB group Eat the Food and it's reaffirmed a lot for me. I aim to eat about 500 less than my Total Energy Expended count (which, on a day where I only commute back and forth to work is 2887). So most days I'm over 2000 calories. Previously I'd been coming in around 1700-1800 and losing quickly but I also want it to be manageable and right now I'm at a weight that I could accept if I continue to change my body composition to more muscle and less fat, so I'm ok with slower weight loss. I really want it to be sustainable because I've gained/lost the same 10ish pounds for the last two years so I'd really like to get somewhere to sticking in a 2-3 pound range rather than losing and gaining all over. It would be really exciting to lose another 10 though and get below 150 for the first time since... elementary school? I think? Middle school definitely. (I went through puberty early and was always heavy from that time on)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:27 pm 

I am aiming for 1000 a day. I know this is low, but I'm not counting non-starchy veggies or the soy milk I put in my coffee, so I figure I probably clocking in around 1200. Similar to Ariann, I'm meeting my nutritional requirements and I need some results because I've been on a plateau for such along time (only started this plan on Saturday). So far I'm really motivated to stay on track. I haven't been too hungry and I'm also trying to get more sleep, which I think helps me a lot.

If I become miserable or can't maintain it, I'll bump up to 1400 which I know I can manage comfortably but for now I feel good.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:04 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

MFP has me aiming for 1200 on sedentary days and I have been feeling good with that for the most part, plus I am losing right about on track with what MFP said (just under a pound a week). Days like today I logged about 1450 but did a long yoga session this morning and was walking a chunk of this evening, and it felt like a good amount (would have been less if I hadn't had a pint with dinner).

Most days if I am going over my limit it is because of booze, otherwise my overage is pretty minimal (50 cals or less). I am really happy I got on board with this thing because it has really changed how I eat. I never used to think about calories at all but was a bad snack binger on things like crackers which add up more than I would have thought!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:36 am 
Naked Under Apron

When I was using MFP, I wound up with about 1400-1450 calories a day (after subtracting calories burned from minor exercise- a dog walk), and found I was losing about a pound and a half a week. (For reference, I'm 5'4", mostly sedentary, and want to lose 30 lbs.) It wasn't too bad, but I am always so freaking hungry! I could definitely eat way more than that.

So I don't know what approach I'm going to take now that I'm rededicating myself to weight loss for the third or tenth time this year- calorie counting? intuitive eating? eat to live?- but I think I need to experiment with protein/carb/fat/fiber ratios to see if I can figure out how to feel full without overeating. The good thing is I always want to eat more produce in warm weather, so that should help!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:44 am 
Ninja Master

I don't mind losing it slowly, in fact if that means it's more sustainable I'd be happy with that. I need to make better choices with food and not just go off the rails completely when I have a bad day.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3602 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102 ... 145  Next