| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7738 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 250, 251, 252, 253, 254, 255, 256 ... 310  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pregnancy Updates Thread
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:27 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Congratulations LP! What a beautiful name!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:41 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

thanks everyone. looks like pics will have to wait til i get back home. i have my laptop now but for some reason picasa is blocked on the hospital's wifi for some odd reason?????????????? weird!!!

we are doing good. (baby is doing great mom is doing ok hahahaa)

i guess ill pick up where i left off and then at some point type out a whole big birth story cause it is long and involved!!!

the whole week was awful being stuck here in the hospital hooked up to IVs and basically bedridden.
they tried the foley balloon thing Friday and all it did was make me cry and bleed. they said they got it in and it fell right back out so i must have been 3 cm at that point.
not much of anything was going on and i was sure i was headed for a c section.
i almost was welcoming the idea. after being here for 4 days i was emotionally and physically drained and spent a lot of time crying for no apparent reason so i was pretty sure i was in no condition for a normal labor never mind an induced labor.
they had mentioned potentially breaking my water but it was up to the next dr on as the baby was still pretty high so it might not be an option.

they kept cranking the pitocin and i just laid on my side while nothing happened.
the only time i had felt anything remotely resembling a contraction was thursday afternoon sitting in a chair. i got mild contractions about 5 mins apart while sitting up. my bp also went up anytime i sat up so it was a catch 22. on thursday they made me lie back down because my bp went up to like 160/104 or something completely crazy. on friday i said fork this and sat in the chair for awhile. as the contractions progressed i stood up and walked in place since i couldnt really walk around much being tied to the stupid IV pole. i walked in place and did a silly dance etc.
then at some point i literally felt something drop in my abdomen. i have no idea if it was the baby or just some sort of sensation that felt like something dropping but i went "oh that didnt feel good" and 3 minutes later i was peeing my pants standing their laughing my asparagus off practically dancing.

after that shiitake got real REALLY fast. my water broke at 5:30ish and Charlotte was born at 8:51.
contractions got pretty bad and all i wanted to do was lie in the fetal position on my bed. i was so tired and so spent from my week that my whole body was shaking and i basically just squeezed the shiitake out of my husband's hands and cried.
everytime i had a contraction i felt like i had to go to the bathroom so i stood up and realized it was mildly better for me to stand up through the contraction and hold onto my husband.
i was so exhausted he literally had to hold me so i wouldnt pass out. finally i went into the bathroom and sat down thinking i had to pee. i dont remember if i peed or not but more stuff came out of me and i started screaming and crying i had such an unbearable urge to push i couldnt believe it.
i screamed out i needed to push and they told me not to. im pretty surprised i didnt tell them to fork off at that point. they wanted me on the bed but i was in so much pain i could barely move.

i just started sobbign that i needed something. i wanted all their drugs and i wanted them then. i couldnt do it on my own. they said that i could try some narcotics via IV and shot in the butt or i could do the epidural but they would have to check me. in the end i started off with some phentinol and i dont think i had any affect on my pain whatsoever but i did get it.

i dont think the epidural would have been an option even though i would have gladly taken like 8 of them at this point and they put me on the bed and checked me out and sure enough it was time to push.
a half hour later after some unbelievable screaming like you wouldnt believe i had my baby.
i screamed like an ungodly possessed psychopath through the whole thing.

they took her and put her on the warmer. the one thing i do feel we were robbed of is we never got that immediate after birth moment of "here is your baby" and the tears and crepe.
because of the 4 days of magnesium i wasnt allowed to have her immediately they had the NICU dr come down to assess her and they cleaned her up and stuff. my husband was able to go and watch everything and be right there. i sort of could see depending on where the IV pole was in my line of vision. the entire time they were cleaning her up they still had my legs up in the air repairing what i thought they said was one minor tear but it felt like they were doing stuff forever. also apparently my placenta was being a bisque and didnt want to come out so i had to stay cranked on the pitocin. after the baby came out i pretty much gave up on all effort for anythign i couldnt believe i had survived the hellish week i had just endured. all i wanted was to put my legs down and curl up in the fetal position and pass out.
my pregnancy from hell was finally over.

but they kept my legs up while they tried to get the placenta out and did more stitches. my legs were just shaking uncontrollably from the effort and i could barely push for the placenta but eventually after like what seemed like 45 mins i felt another urge to push so eventually the placenta came out and i was like "is it over?!?!?"

i swear i cant believe i survived.
i cant believe people push out bigger babies.
i cant believe people have a baby then want ANOTHER later.

im sure the bad memories will fade but damn it was a horror show of a week.

BabyPunk however is doing quite well. despite being mini and early and doped up on magnesium she passed all her tests and has been attempting nursing. nursing is going ok. we are learning. she kept smacking her tongue around last night so they had me use a nipple shield and that seems to work better than a plain nipple for her so we saw the lactation consultant today about getting her nursing but not relying on the shield.
she hates her bassinet and wont sleep in it. hahaha. my husband spent most of the night walking around with her because she likes to be mobile and i am not only bed bound but i was pretty much useless last night. they took her for her first bath and he went with them and i threw a pillow over my head and was like "im napping. meh"
because he is so awesome and basically held her anytime she fussed last night i was able to get a little rest and today we are just alternating between attempting nursing and holding her and trying the bassinet. she slept in the bassinet a little today.
she just loves to snuggle. who can blame her. right now she is curled up skin to skin on my chest as i type.

i get rid of the magnesium drip in 2 hours and then i am FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
im going to do a very slow, careful dance that will probably hurt my butt and then im going to drink the biggest glass of water ever and maybe shower depending on how things are going.

not sure if i get discharged tomorrow or monday but once i get home i will post a pic of my little blonde mini gnome.
what a great lil present she is at the end of an otherwise hellish week!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:31 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

I can't wait to see pics of Charlotte! It sounds like you were really brave through the whole experience, LP! For what it's worth, I think you're totally badass for keeping us updated while you were on magnesium for all that time.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:05 pm 
Semen Strong

What an amazing birth story! Congratulations on the birth of your beautiful daughter and on getting through what sounds like a really tough labor! Sending lots of good healing thoughts!

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:39 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

That does sound intense! Really after all you had been through in the preceding days and then a whirlwind labor - you are amazing! Enjoy getting to know your new daughter - can't wait to see the pics of the "mini gnome"!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:25 pm 
Nooch of Earl

Congratulations, Punk family! We want pictures!!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:25 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

LisaPunk wrote:
i swear i cant believe i survived.
i cant believe people push out bigger babies.
i cant believe people have a baby then want ANOTHER later.

Well, firstly, it's sounds like you had a pretty awful, exhausting experience, which isn't how it always goes down, but secondly, the reason people have more kids, even after shitty pregnancies and births, is that they are so totally worth it.
My pregnancy with Raygold was horrible. I was sick the whole time and spent so many nights in the bathroom for hours, barfing and shitting and had ridiculously huge hemorrhoids and then after I had him, I hemorrhaged and was frighteningly exhausted for weeks. I remember sobbing in the train station the day we were taking him home, telling my husband there was no way I could walk up our driveway (which is not only a steep-ish hill, but really more of a street than a driveway) and that I was too sick to take the bus anyway, so we had to get a taxi for the last bit and he was so mad (because it's expensive) and then I couldn't do much at home but lie on my side for days because I was horrifyingly tired and weak and had an asparagus full of 'roids for 2-3 weeks (all that really annoyed my husband, too, and he was less than diplomatic about the whole thing -- I have since then, on many occasions, reminded him of how shiitakey he was to me about my weak state during those first few days (they don't call me Crabby for nothin') and hopefully that attitude won't make a comeback if anything goes wrong this time around). And I was all, I want more kids, but I was terrified of being pregnant again and didn't feel ready until about 9 months later (not that I even had gotten my periods back at that point, but....). And now I am back to wanting a bazillion more kids.

So anyway, even if you don't want another kid, the loveliness of having a baby will help curb the trauma of your shiitakey hospital stay.

And thanks for the birth story!!!

...Time for me to go clean all the things again. ;p Mr Crabby is home today, so I can maybe work more efficiently and I can also get some exercising done.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:35 am 
WELFARIST!

<3 <3 <3 LisaPunk. Welcome baby Charlotte!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:33 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Hahaha, I too screamed like a possessed psychopath. I also wanted to punch everyone who tried to get me to do anything even though it was stuff I had to do, like push the baby out, haha.

Re feeling robbed of that immediate here's-your-baby moment, I got that moment but there weren't tears or euphoria for me. Mostly I was exhausted and completely unable to comprehend the fact that my baby was here. I wanted to see his face but I was too tired to hold my head up to look at him so I just kind of laid there tripping out. So even people who get their babies right away don't always have the clouds-parting moment you somewhat expect!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:36 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Oh yeah, I second what Crabby said - right after I gave birth to H I couldn't even THINK about having more kids. I didn't want to read birth stories (which I love!) and every time I saw someone with a child I was like, THERE GOES A FREAKING SUPERHERO RIGHT THERE. It was only a few weeks before I was back to wanting at least three kids and I already feel a bit stoked for the challenge and triumph of childbirth again, like bring it onnnn! I will own you!!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:41 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

annamal wrote:
Oh yeah, I second what Crabby said - right after I gave birth to H I couldn't even THINK about having more kids. I didn't want to read birth stories (which I love!) and every time I saw someone with a child I was like, THERE GOES A FREAKING SUPERHERO RIGHT THERE.

this is where im at right now!
im like "holy shiitake i am a wuss people do this MORE THAN ONCE AND WITH BIGGER BABIES"
im in awe. total and complete awe.

here is one pic that i had on my phone. she's got the old man baby thing going on!
i havent taken any pics off the actual camera yet so im sure there will be 100 more.

we are finally home now and obviously exhausted!

she is an amazing day sleeper and falls asleep after nursing with a little swaddling and rocking but at last night she screamed bloody murder the entire night and would fuss after nursing for a good 30-45 mins then sleep for like 30 mins then want to nurse again. hahaha total rock star baby. i expect tonight to be similar!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:47 pm 

Oh she is beautiful! I'm so glad you're finally home. Oh and yeah, I remember thinking I could never ever have another baby after giving birth to Ada. I think it took until she was close to a year old until I even thought about having another one.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:53 pm 
WELFARIST!

She's so beautiful, LisaPunk!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:59 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Aww awww awwwwww jeez louise. I love that scrunchy newborn look.

After E was born, I was definitely "oh hell no" for a long time.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:15 pm 

Awww, she's so cute LP!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:42 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Awww! How sweet!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:25 am 
Nooch of Earl

A+ newborn! What a cutie.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:14 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Oh, LP she is just perfect!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:45 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

LP she is lovely, and great to hear you are home and hopefully settling in well!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:51 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

That picture is perfectly adorable! Welcome home, Charlotte and be kind to mommy!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:18 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

LisaPunk, Charlotte is gorgeous! You are absolutely amazing. After your trying experience in the hospital I'm so glad you are all home now!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:12 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Nesting update: I mended Mr Crabby's sweater this morning, vacuumed and carpet shampooed the green bedroom (I need to vacuum it again once the carpet is fully dry, it's dehumidifying now and should be done in a few hours), cleaned the vacuum filter (they are washable, so I bought two and rotate between them), did a load of dishes, baked 2 and a half dozen peanut butter cookies (2 dozen went in the freezer for a total of 3 dozen), reorganised some of the kitchen (I have a LOT of work to do in there), and did 2 loads of laundry. I'm about to exercycle for 30-40 minutes and later tonight, I need to iron/block the sweater I made Raygold for his birthday.*

I also delegated some tasks -- Mr Crabby homeschooled, vacuumed the living room, and gave the boys a bath because there just aren't enough hours in the day when you're 35 weeks pregnant and nesting. ;p

ETA: I also slow-cooked a huge pot of chick peas (half will be frozen) and started sprouting some, too.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:54 pm 
Lubes With Earth Balance

whoa whoa congratulations LisaPunk! what an epic week you had. I am so so glad your Charlotte is doing well and you guys are home getting used to everything. Hooray!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:11 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

Crabby you're out of control!!!!! ;-)

i did zero nesting before the baby cause i felt like shiitake all the time.
any actual nesting i did was not any urge to do it but more like forced nesting to get it done.

you are in what one of the manager's at work kept calling "the superwoman phase" and kept asking me if i had gone through it yet to which i kept saying "im stuck in the i feel like shiitake stage"

i will say since coming home ive desperately wanted to clean/organize.
my parents stayed at our house the entire week i was in the hospital to take care of the dogs and my mom went batshit crazy and cleaned the shiitake out of our house. it was wonderuous and amazing to come home to so everytime im walking around i want to start putting all our hospital shiitake away and keep everything so nice and neat but then i realize i should probably attempt sleeping.

i say you do "Crabby-for-hire" and clean/organize pregnant/post partum ladies' houses!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:47 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Oh, man, my feet are killing me -- they haven't hurt this much since I first worked in retail. (Not a pregnancy-thing, a cleaning-too-much-thing. Well, maybe partly preggo-related, since I'm carrying around a lot of extra weight.)

LisaPunk, I NEVER nested until this pregnancy. With Raygold, I was too busy barfing and shiitakeing my guts out and with Beetroot, I think I was too busy eating.
I would love to be a Crabby-for-Hire. I feel like I'm not doing enough cleaning, so maybe I should outsource myself. I need to figure out what I'm going to clean tomorrow, other than the foyer and the kitchen. Maybe I can clean the bathrooms (everything but the toilets -- we have an apartment inspection on the 9th and the kids always make the toilets poopy by not flushing, so I can save the ultra toilet cleaning for the day before the inspection) -- I used to be a hotel maid, so cleaning bathrooms is not a big deal at all and really fast work.

My goodness, I can't even stop talking about cleaning. ;D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7738 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 250, 251, 252, 253, 254, 255, 256 ... 310  Next