| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3601 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103 ... 145  Next
 Post subject: Re: Weight loss peeps - where you at?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:09 pm 
***LIES!!!***

I mentioned this before, but will mention again because it is such a worthwhile tool - the book "The Beck Diet Solution" has been hugely helpful to me in getting me to not blow off whole days because of one slip-up, but also figuring out how to not have "bad days" in the first place.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:23 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Calorie counting went completely out the window this weekend. Hubby injuring himself yesterday made me just totally forget and now I have not clue what I ate, and today I ate out for the whole thing and really, how many calories in vegan corn chowder, polenta cakes, veg charcuterie board and very thing else?

So, I'm going to just throw a pile of calories in the last two days and get back on track.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:37 am 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

I need to get back in gear. I've gone badly behaved lately. I need to cut back on baking nice things because I end up eating a ton of the stuff myself. Only going to bake once a week now. Going to stop buying cookies too. *gulp* Going to get eating more fruit because I've fallen off on my fruit eating lately.

As for the walks..... honest...... this week I will start walking in the morning again.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:00 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I'm down to about 81kg (which is apparently 178.5 lbs)! This is a good thing. I settled at about 84 for a while but I'm myfitnesspalling again and I'm shrinking. My hip haunches have diminished!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:33 am 
Bathes in Braggs

Go Kaleo has me really confused about my calorie aim now..

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:30 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I suppose I should probably join this thread, as I have actively been trying to lose weight since the beginning of March – I've lost nearly 10 lbs since then by severely cutting back on my sugar intake and exercising at least 4x/week (primary form of exercise being running). I'd like to lose 20 more lbs, but I don't have a set timeframe in mind in which to do it.

I'm not much of a calorie counter (it has generated some unhealthy behavior from me in the past), but I have been weighing myself once a week, which has been going well.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:40 am 

alice1drland wrote:
I'm not much of a calorie counter (it has generated some unhealthy behavior from me in the past), but I have been weighing myself once a week, which has been going well.
I have a tendency to under-eat when I'm calorie counting, as I make healthy choices all day and am then left with 300 calories "to go" or something. Which equates to four or so gin and slims... so I get what you're saying there. I've found it works as long as you hold it in your mind that there are no "bad foods", only foods that are best left as a treat, and that if you go over your calorie-goal, the world is not going to end: There is so failure, only slightly smaller triumphs.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:00 am 
Saggy Butt

I'm still here!
A couple of my MFP friends noticed my absence... I've been at the corporate conference for my job and didn't have time to track and also it was so willy-nilly it was kind of awful. I called a month ahead to ask if they could accommodate a vegan diet and they said yes but it really kind of sucked. I had to ask for special food all the time which was kind of humiliating and every meal they prepared for me was just a vegetable and a starch. So I felt so protein deprived that I just ate a ton of starches and snacks. I had brought vegan jerky and peanut butter and a few other snacks but it just wasn't enough. So I gained like 8 pounds during the week. Copious amounts of alcohol at the company parties didn't help either.
Back on track today.
I did stay vegan the whole time which I am proud of.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:58 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

Welcome back geeksweetheart! Ugh, I've been there and it sucks. I went to a work conference in Mexico once where I basically just ate grilled vegetables and guacamole the whole time. With a side of lots and lots of booze. I mean it could be worse, but that's not really the healthiest thing to eat for four straight days.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:45 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Limone wrote:
Welcome back geeksweetheart! Ugh, I've been there and it sucks. I went to a work conference in Mexico once where I basically just ate grilled vegetables and guacamole the whole time. With a side of lots and lots of booze. I mean it could be worse, but that's not really the healthiest thing to eat for four straight days.

Not the healthiest but still my dream...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:24 pm 

Moon wrote:
Calorie counting went completely out the window this weekend. Hubby injuring himself yesterday made me just totally forget and now I have not clue what I ate, and today I ate out for the whole thing and really, how many calories in vegan corn chowder, polenta cakes, veg charcuterie board and very thing else?

So, I'm going to just throw a pile of calories in the last two days and get back on track.

It happens. I did that yesterday with no emergencies!

I struggled all day yesterday and ended up eating way beyond my calorie goal. Usually when that happens, I stop logging the calories and just eat whatever. So I guess it's an improvement that I kept logging even though I went off track? Today I started over.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:04 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Gulliver wrote:
alice1drland wrote:
I have a tendency to under-eat when I'm calorie counting, as I make healthy choices all day and am then left with 300 calories "to go" or something. Which equates to four or so gin and slims... so I get what you're saying there. I've found it works as long as you hold it in your mind that there are no "bad foods", only foods that are best left as a treat, and that if you go over your calorie-goal, the world is not going to end: There is so failure, only slightly smaller triumphs.

Yeah. For me, it was basically really emotional obsessiveness, so I find it's best when just try to limit something I know is bad and focus on consuming the good. I figure I'm running a lot, I should probably just eat when I'm hungry, and eat the good stuff. I also guessed I couldn't sustain it in the long-term (which I couldn't), but I do still measure out my oatmeal in the morning!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:28 am 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

Being in maintenance mode now really makes me wonder how sustainable calorie counting will be for me. I've been thinking a lot about it lately, and I just don't know what I want to do. In some ways I really like tracking on MFP, but I don't want to feel like I'm dieting for the rest of my life.

I'm also feeling like 1600 calories/day is just not enough to make me feel satisfied and happy. I've been maintaining at that number for a while now, but when I don't exercise and "earn" more calories, I always feel like I want more food! And then I get obsessive about not being "allowed" to eat more. I wonder if my body just wants to weigh more.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:51 am 

Ashley, I done weight watchers and the first time when I reached my goal I kept on tracking for a good while after more to find at what level I could maintain my weight. After a while I started cutting back on the actual writing down buy kept a tally in my head of what I was taking. After a while I had a habit formed of eating however many points at each meal that I could go about my eating automatically without actually counting. It worked for me and I maintained for a lot longer than I did the last time round. I still have the habit of weighing my carbs though because that is the one thing I am prone to overloading on.

I was relatively well behaved yesterday. I had to go to the supermarket and the only sugary thing I came out with was pineapple slices in juice. I did end up having an extra serving of breakfast cereal in the evening before my walk but I served it in a small mug (so I didn't have a full large bowl) and then 2 cream crackers late last night when I got home.

So yeah.... my new tip if you are peckish and can't hold out to a meal have cereal in a small mug or a glass. It is enough to kill the craving and because the mug/glass looks more full than a bowl you don't feel deprived.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:20 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

ashley wrote:
Being in maintenance mode now really makes me wonder how sustainable calorie counting will be for me. I've been thinking a lot about it lately, and I just don't know what I want to do. In some ways I really like tracking on MFP, but I don't want to feel like I'm dieting for the rest of my life.

I'm also feeling like 1600 calories/day is just not enough to make me feel satisfied and happy. I've been maintaining at that number for a while now, but when I don't exercise and "earn" more calories, I always feel like I want more food! And then I get obsessive about not being "allowed" to eat more. I wonder if my body just wants to weigh more.

I had to give up the idea of being a certain size and give in to the fact that my body is happier at a slightly higher weight. The number of calories I could eat to maintain my previously lower weight was not sustainable for me, either physically or psychologically. I'm a lot happier and less obsessive now that I try and follow Intuitive Eating, even though I had to buy bigger pants :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:22 am 
Ninja Master

Well I definitely feel better on 1500 a day and I'm finding I still have calories left for a snack at the end of the day which is good. So I'm giving it a month and not weighing myself until then to see if it works.

To be honest I don't care about the number so I'm not gonna drive myself nuts weighing myself. I just want to fit into my smaller clothes that have gotten too tight.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:14 am 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

ashley wrote:

This may sound counterintuitive, but have you tried eating a little more to see if you actually put on weight? I'm not talking about tons more, maybe 100-200 calories per day. I've found that in the spring/summer I'm a lot more active in ways that I wouldn't necessarily track as exercise (like taking really long walks), so I am burning more without really trying. Maybe the same is true for you and you really can eat a little more sometimes.

My progress has been pretty much at a standstill for last couple weeks - first I went on a vacation where I was eating a lot of takeout and wasn't really able to track my meals. Then this week I've been dealing with period bloat from hell and a little too much hormonally-fueled snacking, which has mostly subsided now. Amazingly, the scale says I've only put on a few ounces, so I guess no progress is better than backsliding. Onward...

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 4:13 pm 
Saggy Butt

Ugh. I have been so off track the past couple of weeks. I really need to get back on MFP consistently. I've just been eating tons of crepe and not tracking at all.
Tomorrow morning I'll plan my meals for the week as I had been doing, and that should help.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:30 pm 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

Limone wrote:
ashley wrote:

This may sound counterintuitive, but have you tried eating a little more to see if you actually put on weight? I'm not talking about tons more, maybe 100-200 calories per day. I've found that in the spring/summer I'm a lot more active in ways that I wouldn't necessarily track as exercise (like taking really long walks), so I am burning more without really trying. Maybe the same is true for you and you really can eat a little more sometimes.

I wish that were the case for me, but outside of exercise, I am terribly sedentary. I sit at a desk 10 hours a day (I don't even get up and leave for lunch) and then come home and sit on the couch until I go to bed. When I don't go to the gym after work, I don't really move at all, except for getting up and walking to the copier about a million times a day (it's right outside my door and does not count for anything!). I know I need to change that and get more active.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 5:13 am 

Ok, I've been a relatively good girl all week. I did end up having sweets the past two days but I went for the standard packs rather than the supersize packs that were on discount and I managed to resist oreos which were half price. I only baked once this week and it was chocolate chip cookies. The chocolate chip banana bread I made last week was frozen and I took a slice out each day. Last night I did break out and have a chip butty after my shopping arrived but I only used one potato worth of chips. I only managed to get out for a walk one morning this week. I'm just unbearably tired in the mornings these days.

So this week I've gone from 135.5lbs to 133.8lbs. So proud of myself.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 2:28 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

well done daisychain!

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 4:54 am 

Thanks! It is a great bit of motivation. Normally I would be tempted to eat some naughty stuff at the weekend but it is keeping me in check. I had mac and cheese with garlic bread yesterday evening but I stopped at one portion of each. I still did a really long walk yesterday despite not feeling all that great.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 5:54 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

It's the little successes that add up to big successes!

I did pretty good for the weekend. I don't track calories on the weekends but I feel like I stayed on the wagon. No bad take out or excessive snacking. Spent hours yesterday washing and chopping veggies, so I feel like I'm set up for a good food week.

Down to 191 lbs, 17 lbs lost since January. Feels like a dream!

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 5:56 am 

Well done!

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:39 am 

Down to 80kg. Ta-daaaaaah!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3601 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103 ... 145  Next