| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45679 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1412, 1413, 1414, 1415, 1416, 1417, 1418 ... 1828  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:14 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

vixki wrote:
I have wisdom teeth coming through and they KILL. Why is it not warm enough for ice cream?! That might help. It hurts even to eat bread. GRRR. Living off Rich Teas dunked in coffee.
Tell me about it! Teething really hurts. I understand why babies cry all the time.

Codeine helps. Rarely would I take anything that strong, but codeine really helps.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:32 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

Vantine wrote:
"In 64% of female homicide cases in 2007, females were killed by a family member or intimate partner."
"An estimated 10% of female murder victims were killed by a stranger."
---U.S. Bureau of Justice Statistics, 2009

Since there's no context included in your post, I'll have to go on the assumption this is about people talking about their fears of being assaulted by strangers.

I was sexually assaulted by a stranger...lots of people are. A man in the shopping mall where I worked waited until the coast was clear and there violently forced himself on me. I didn't know him.
Also, those 10% of women are not negligible, currently in Toronto there is a manhunt for a man who attacked and stabbed a woman to death who was a recent immigrant to Canada and had no enemies, family or lovers here. You can see it on a security camera, a random stabbing. So.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:57 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Gulliver wrote:
vixki wrote:
I have wisdom teeth coming through and they KILL. Why is it not warm enough for ice cream?! That might help. It hurts even to eat bread. GRRR. Living off Rich Teas dunked in coffee.
Tell me about it! Teething really hurts. I understand why babies cry all the time.

Codeine helps. Rarely would I take anything that strong, but codeine really helps.

Ugh, yeah, I can't imagine this happening in my whole mouth at once. Poor babies! I would take codeine only we moved house at the weekend and I cannot find the medicine bag anywhere. Not even a single paracetamol.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:10 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

You guys have over the counter codeine? Luckies. My wisdom teeth would LOVE some codeine.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:14 am 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

vixki wrote:
Gulliver wrote:
vixki wrote:

Ugh, yeah, I can't imagine this happening in my whole mouth at once. Poor babies! I would take codeine only we moved house at the weekend and I cannot find the medicine bag anywhere. Not even a single paracetamol.

If it hurts that bad you might want to have them looked at to make sure nothings infected. I ignored that once for days until it was swollen and unignorable and it turns out it was infected which was an easy fix.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:18 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

The company I work for met their quarterly target and so they're holding an ice cream social for it right now in the cafeteria. Sometimes being a vegan is alienating. Good thing tomorrow is the International Vegan Bakesale in my city and that will be a good reminder that I'm not alone by a long shot.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:29 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Fee wrote:
If it hurts that bad you might want to have them looked at to make sure nothings infected. I ignored that once for days until it was swollen and unignorable and it turns out it was infected which was an easy fix.

Mm I will do if it doesn't go over the weekend. I'm not allowed to take any antibiotics at the moment though so if it is...I'm pretty screwed!

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:34 pm 
Impressive boner

allularpunk wrote:
You guys have over the counter codeine? Luckies. My wisdom teeth would LOVE some codeine.

Yep. Normally it's an 8mg codeine/500mg paracetamol (acetaminophen?) combination.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:37 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

I feel like I'm being really hilarious today, but it's probably just because I'm slightly hung over.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:56 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

8ball wrote:
allularpunk wrote:

Yep. Normally it's an 8mg codeine/500mg paracetamol (acetaminophen?) combination.

Here you still need a prescription for this. It sucks. Hardly any pain killers work for me, codeine does (but only so-so...) but paracetamol doesnt so I hate having to take so much paracetamol just to get a bit of codeine!

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:22 pm 

Actually, whenever I've had to visit friends abroad who've lived here, I end up bringing them codeine as an "is there anything from England you'd like?" gift.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:37 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

Isn't that illegal?

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:49 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I keep forgetting why I always stop reading this particular teaching forum, then I go back and right away find a new thread on creationism. There are a lot of creationists on there. And they teach in public schools! They say they teach as required, but you know they most likely do a crepe job of it. Kids pick up on that pretty quick if a teacher is negative towards a subject or intimidated by math.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:50 pm 

It's for personal use and I just happened to have left it behind. *ahem*

It's not as illegal as taking Kinder Surprise to America, though.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 2:34 pm 
Dead by dawn

paprikapapaya wrote:
The company I work for met their quarterly target and so they're holding an ice cream social for it right now in the cafeteria. Sometimes being a vegan is alienating. Good thing tomorrow is the International Vegan Bakesale in my city and that will be a good reminder that I'm not alone by a long shot.

They have ice cream socials in the lobby of my office building twice a year. I've worked here 5 years and in 10 ice cream socials, they've only had sorbet once. Tomorrow I am going on a big organized bike ride that's known for having home baked cookies at all of the rest stops, but I will have to bake my own tonight if I don't want to feel left out every time I stop to refill a water bottle. I love being vegan but that's the stuff that bums me out sometimes.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 3:36 pm 
Impressive boner

I believe my show tonight is being streamed online. Scary! I dont know the website address but its called White Collar Zoo.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 3:37 pm 
WELFARIST!

What time does it start? I'm excited for you 8ball! <3

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 3:46 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

An acquaintance has lost her baby at 24 weeks gestation today. This is the second time I've had a cry over babies this week. I was crying two nights ago because it is nearly my friend's baby's anniversary (died at a couple of days old) after being born at 25weeks. Just..... urgh.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 3:46 pm 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

I took 2x 15mg codeine/500mg paracetamols earlier that did nothing. I think I got a pack of placebos, dammit

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 3:52 pm 
Impressive boner

seitanicverses wrote:

The first band should start in about 10 mins. We will be on about an hour from now.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 4:36 pm 
Mediocre Tart

8ball wrote:
seitanicverses wrote:

The first band should start in about 10 mins. We will be on about an hour from now.

What! I am going to watch you!!!

"I will take a drugged, sex-crazed, punk rock commie over Mrs. Thatch any day of the week" - Vantine

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 4:47 pm 
Mediocre Tart

Urgh, so, there was this post by a group I follow on the facebook about having a 'dads and kids' camping night. So, eh, perhaps mistakenly I posted how I was rather perturbed/questioning why it was dads (or other males) only, and why couldn't mums/other females be involved... and then this man responded:
"I think your protest would be better aimed at folk who are happy just to let their kids sit in the house, gazing bovine like into screens all day, although I suppose in that scenario, both mum and dad are equally complicit in allowing their kids vegetate into consumerist zombie eejits, so at least they wont be breaking any sexist taboos.....Jaayzus!"

Ehh? I don't understand how one pertains to the other. I don't want to get into a ridiculous extended argument, but feel peeved enough that it is going to get on my tits if I don't respond. What is even up with this?

"I will take a drugged, sex-crazed, punk rock commie over Mrs. Thatch any day of the week" - Vantine

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 4:54 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Do they do other things too that are inclusive? I don't see any problems with it. It used to peas me off as a kid that my dad did not like doing things unless my mom was also included. I always did plenty with just my mom, so one on one time with my dad was always nice too since the dynamic is just different, in a good way. As an occasional thing though! But I think one on one time with each parent is as important as lots of inclusive family time.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 5:47 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

interrobang?! wrote:
Urgh, so, there was this post by a group I follow on the facebook about having a 'dads and kids' camping night. So, eh, perhaps mistakenly I posted how I was rather perturbed/questioning why it was dads (or other males) only, and why couldn't mums/other females be involved... and then this man responded:
"I think your protest would be better aimed at folk who are happy just to let their kids sit in the house, gazing bovine like into screens all day, although I suppose in that scenario, both mum and dad are equally complicit in allowing their kids vegetate into consumerist zombie eejits, so at least they wont be breaking any sexist taboos.....Jaayzus!"

Ehh? I don't understand how one pertains to the other. I don't want to get into a ridiculous extended argument, but feel peeved enough that it is going to get on my tits if I don't respond. What is even up with this?

To me this reads like he's trying to get you to shut up by telling you your complaint is frivolous--like, why are you criticizing this dads-kids camping thing when you COULD be criticizing uninvolved parents?
Which is, you know, foolish.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 6:02 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

It was a pretty stressful work day. Full schedule with all curly, fluffy dogs, half of which were matted. Then I had a difficult customer. Her mini poodle got groomed for $50 for three years. There are few to no places that will groom a poodle for that little. In January, we raised some prices, so her new price was $55, which is what I charged her last time. Today she told me she'd "like to stay around 50 price-wise" That's nice? I just said "We raised the price to $55." She's like "Well that's what someone quoted me, but OKAY THAT'S FINE" and storms out. Not true, for one thing, but I mean, would you go to any other business and TELL THEM what you're going to pay? Of course, then her dog was matted and covered in fleas (again), and we have to charge extra for the flea shampoo, so that went well.

But then an lolworthy phone call to finish off the day:

"I'd like to book an appointment with your groomer for tomorrow."
"Our groomer isn't here on Saturdays. She works Monday through Friday."
"WELL GOOD FOR HER!" and hangs up.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45679 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1412, 1413, 1414, 1415, 1416, 1417, 1418 ... 1828  Next