| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46594 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1413, 1414, 1415, 1416, 1417, 1418, 1419 ... 1864  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 7:14 pm 
Semen Strong

interrobang?! wrote:
Ehh? I don't understand how one pertains to the other. I don't want to get into a ridiculous extended argument, but feel peeved enough that it is going to get on my tits if I don't respond. What is even up with this?

"Oh, forgive me, of course one needs a penis to go camping. However would you keep your tent up otherwise!"*

*proposed response :)

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 7:21 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

This is a best-worst thing: I finished up my internship in an elementary classroom today and oh my goodness. I'm glad my schedule is less crazy now but I'm going to miss those kids so much. When I said goodbye I got like a million hugs, one gave me a paper flower she'd made and one kissed me on the cheek and made me promise not to forget about them (seriously). FEELINGS, YOU GUYS.
But my host teacher's evaluation was really positive and it was a great experience overall. I just really miss those kids already.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:20 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

'bang?!, that just doesn't make any sense (him, not you).

Remember a few pages ago when I was talking about being tired all the time from my meds? Well, I think it's gone from that to insomnia. Boo-urns. I played one of Mike's computer games for about 5 hours tonight. I only stopped at 1am. I went to bed and tried to sleep, but it wasn't happening. I had too many thoughts running through my head. So now I'm catching up on the PPKing I didn't do while I was playing that game, and then I'm gonna write a 40 before 40 list. Maybe once I get all this stuff out of my head I'll be able to sleep.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:44 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I hate being alone in the house at night. I get so scared! I always thought I'd grow out of it, but I never did. If anything, it's gotten worse as I've gotten older. I guess I'll just sit here in the corner all night with the lights on and the radio and television blasting to block out any scary noises.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:47 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Sorry, RC! Idont like it either. A few nights a week I have to go to bed alone without chaining the door because eppys dungeon master isn't home yet. It freaks me out a lot.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:53 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Oh, I don't know if I could do that! I have to deadbolt all the doors and lock all the windows when I'm alone. When I was 12 or 13 and home alone one evening, a man appeared at the kitchen window, trying to break in. He was scared off by our dogs, but it scared the shiitake out of me, and I've been terrified of being alone at night ever since.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:03 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

I'm home alone tonight and I wasn't scared until I came in here and remembered I should be! Luckily these ferocious sleeping beasts will wake and protect me should any mail delivery people or cats should try to break in.

I had something similar happen with a guy in my window when I was about 16! I was with a friend though and we both just started screaming

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:13 pm 
Nooch of Earl

Didn't see this anywhere here. It's fabulous. Be insulted by Martin Luther!
http://ergofabulous.org/luther/

Re camping. I think it kind of depends on the social group - it would be totally weird to exclude by gender among most of my friend friends (from high school). My feminist friends here wouldn't do it. But among my friends through husband's work, everything is already so heavily gendered - I mean, since all my husband's coworkers are men (women aren't allowed to do his job), I can see something like that being organized as a "give the women a well-deserved break after deployment" sort of occasion. And I'd totally take him up on it, if he wanted to take little V camping for a couple days.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 3:35 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

It is very queet biscuits maker!

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 4:26 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

So I finally love a computer game, go to buy it, and it's not supported on my OS. Goddammit. It's like as soon as I update my OS, forking Apple comes out with a new one and everything is designed for that. mustards.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 5:35 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

rachell37 wrote:
So I finally love a computer game, go to buy it, and it's not supported on my OS. Goddammit. It's like as soon as I update my OS, forking Apple comes out with a new one and everything is designed for that. mustards.
If there's one thing that Windows reigns triumphant over, it's backwards compatibility. How old is the game? Can you run it in Dosbox? Otherwise installing Windows or Linux on a virtual machine and then running it through that might work. WINE seems to work on Macs to some extent, so you might be able to run a Windows version on your Mac by using Linux software... it's all a bit complicated.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:01 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Gulliver wrote:
rachell37 wrote:
If there's one thing that Windows reigns triumphant over, it's backwards compatibility. How old is the game? Can you run it in Dosbox? Otherwise installing Windows or Linux on a virtual machine and then running it through that might work. WINE seems to work on Macs to some extent, so you might be able to run a Windows version on your Mac by using Linux software... it's all a bit complicated.

I'm not good enough with computers to be able to do stuff like this. I'll just play on Mike's computer when he's not home/asleep. I mean, I basically got to play it for 10 hours out of the past <24 (he only bought it 2 nights ago), so I'm not really missing out.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:01 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

Can anyone provide a peer-reviewed study on why soy is NOT bad for you? My co-worker just sent me a link (http://www.smallfootprintfamily.com/200 ... alth-food/)....UGH. I don't know what to say other than perhaps respond with more info for her.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:40 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

paprikapapaya wrote:
Can anyone provide a peer-reviewed study on why soy is NOT bad for you? My co-worker just sent me a link (http://www.smallfootprintfamily.com/200 ... alth-food/)....UGH. I don't know what to say other than perhaps respond with more info for her.

Can you send her a link to minding her own beeswax?

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:47 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I have a rash all over me. I had it before about 3 months ago and the doc sent me for tests but it all came back negative and he said he thought it was an allergy. It went and there's been no trace, but now it's back worse than before and it is everywhere, even my hands, feet and chin. On my boobs, tum, bum and back it is in stripes and looks like scratches and is raised, and on my arms and legs it is bleeding. The pharmacist said it might be shingles but I'm not in any pain. It's horrid and I wish it would go.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:47 am 

Don't let those people get to you. It's on her to send you a peer reviewed study that soy IS bad, not just some dumb article. You could check out ginny messina or jack norris's blogs for more info.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:58 am 
Just Loathin' Around!

paprikapapaya wrote:

HA! That's just a blog someone writes. If you look at the about page you'll see her reference Weston Price, her leaky gut, and toxins. She is not at all any kind of registered dietician. She is one of those people that thinks they are an expert because they have a blog and know better than scare quote medical professionals. Too much time on the hands. If you really want to respond, send her a link to Ginny Messina's blog and say that she is a registered dietician not a scare tactic blogger.

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 9:00 am 
Just Loathin' Around!

OR just laugh and laugh and send her an email saying thanks for the joke.

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 9:00 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

I saw the Weston A. Price source as well as other opinion blogs as sources and I laughed. But it's also so annoying! I hate another co-worker (a friend of this one) come up to me a month ago and said, "You know, YOU PEOPLE are destroying the rainforest." I said, "How so?" and she said, "They're plowing it all down for SOY." When I told her it was for animal feed, that sure shut her up.

But seriously. Why are people so dumb?

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 9:04 am 
Just Loathin' Around!

Because too many people believe anything they read on the internet and too many people are comfortable with using scare tactics and fear mongering to try to make their point. It is unfortunately very effective.

You could just reply and say that you don't want junk science articles sent to you, please and thank you.

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 9:10 am 
Just Loathin' Around!

monkeytoes wrote:
paprikapapaya wrote:
The company I work for met their quarterly target and so they're holding an ice cream social for it right now in the cafeteria. Sometimes being a vegan is alienating. Good thing tomorrow is the International Vegan Bakesale in my city and that will be a good reminder that I'm not alone by a long shot.

They have ice cream socials in the lobby of my office building twice a year. I've worked here 5 years and in 10 ice cream socials, they've only had sorbet once. Tomorrow I am going on a big organized bike ride that's known for having home baked cookies at all of the rest stops, but I will have to bake my own tonight if I don't want to feel left out every time I stop to refill a water bottle. I love being vegan but that's the stuff that bums me out sometimes.

Would it be possible to bake and deliver in advance, so the cookies are there for you when you stop? And so that there is a vegan option for others as well? An email to write to request vegan cookies or volunteer to make some for everyone? It may just have not crossed their minds to make something different.

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:17 am 

paprikapapaya wrote:
The company I work for met their quarterly target and so they're holding an ice cream social for it right now in the cafeteria. Sometimes being a vegan is alienating. Good thing tomorrow is the International Vegan Bakesale in my city and that will be a good reminder that I'm not alone by a long shot.

Conversely, the company I work for is not doing so well, so the owner is making me organize a pizza "motivating" night for the staff, but I can only order the cheapest pizza. There is no room in my budget for a vegan option, since I'd have to get a full pizza and everyone is only allowed one slice.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:54 am 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

Sounds like a heck of a party, vijita.

I know this has been brought up before, but seriously: inappropriate "likes" on facebook. A friend posted yesterday that she was putting her cat to sleep, and it got a handful of likes. I understand the desire to acknowledge a post like that, but that's when you leave a COMMENT.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 11:20 am 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

vijita wrote:
paprikapapaya wrote:

Conversely, the company I work for is not doing so well, so the owner is making me organize a pizza "motivating" night for the staff, but I can only order the cheapest pizza. There is no room in my budget for a vegan option, since I'd have to get a full pizza and everyone is only allowed one slice.

That sounds really motivating!

"Here's one slice of cheep pizza. Now go make me some money!"

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 11:21 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

Efcliz wrote:
I have a rash all over me. I had it before about 3 months ago and the doc sent me for tests but it all came back negative and he said he thought it was an allergy. It went and there's been no trace, but now it's back worse than before and it is everywhere, even my hands, feet and chin. On my boobs, tum, bum and back it is in stripes and looks like scratches and is raised, and on my arms and legs it is bleeding. The pharmacist said it might be shingles but I'm not in any pain. It's horrid and I wish it would go.

I'm dealing with something similar but as of yet it's only on my face (though spreading). Raised, kind of hot and itchy as fork. Today was a fourth trip to the doctor who said she has no idea what it is. Ace. Then I tried to make a House joke by asking her if it was Lupus (It's never Lupus!) but she didn't get it and that made me double bummed out.

Rashes are miserable. I hope it clears up soon for us both.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46594 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1413, 1414, 1415, 1416, 1417, 1418, 1419 ... 1864  Next