| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Landlord mistakes tomatoes for pot, calls cops.
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

So dumb.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Post subject: Re: Landlord mistakes tomatoes for pot, calls cops.
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:16 am 
A Bad Person

I moved this to the Parlor. It's more news and politics than whatever.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:17 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

Oh ok, sorry!

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:35 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

I had a roommate who grew pot plants in his closet. He was a sort of pretentious proto-hipster and claimed they were male plants and he was pretty much keeping them as pets, I guess, but they were pretty huge and he was kind of a dork about it.

Another roommate decided she was sick of this and one day went in and uprooted them and tried to jam these six-foot-tall plants down the garbage disposal. Unfortunately the stalks had become pretty thick and woody and they jammed the drain pretty good. She decided she was tired of fussing with it and went out for a few hours.

While she was out, I came home and decided to make dinner. I noticed that the sink was blocked up and had some water and floating plant bits in it, so, as one does, I decided to turn on the garbage disposal and clear it out.

Imagine my surprise when there erupted, from not only the drain in the second sink but from the laundry and dishwasher drain pipes in the corner of our kitchen, gouts of ground-up plant matter and filth water, coating everything in the kitchen with a thick glaze of leafy slime. It was awesome, in the sense of inspiring awe, and disgusting, in the sense of inspiring disgust.

Later the first roommate moved out and somehow became even more pretentious over time. The second roommate made moves on me that I was too oblivious to notice, which is some pretty heavy oblivion if you consider she was hanging out in my room in her underwear and I only realized what was going on like five years later.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:24 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

That was an excellent story.

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:10 pm 
A Bad Person

Did you see that episode of Parks & Rec where Leslie thought someone was growing weed in the community garden, and it turned out to be carrots? Apparently everything looks like weed!

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:13 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

it's so weird that a chairman of botany at a university would even think of putting "think" in this sentence. no, not close at all weirdo.
Quote:
“They’re not the same species; they’re not the same genus. I don’t even think they’re part of the same family,”

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 3:29 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

supercarrot wrote:
it's so weird that a chairman of botany at a university would even think of putting "think" in this sentence. no, not close at all weirdo.
Quote:
“They’re not the same species; they’re not the same genus. I don’t even think they’re part of the same family,”

Yeah, I thought that was silly, too. And Brian, I thought there really was weed growing in the community garden in that episode!

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 4:08 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

solipsistnation wrote:
I had a roommate who grew pot plants in his closet. He was a sort of pretentious proto-hipster and claimed they were male plants and he was pretty much keeping them as pets, I guess, but they were pretty huge and he was kind of a dork about it.

Another roommate decided she was sick of this and one day went in and uprooted them and tried to jam these six-foot-tall plants down the garbage disposal. Unfortunately the stalks had become pretty thick and woody and they jammed the drain pretty good. She decided she was tired of fussing with it and went out for a few hours.

While she was out, I came home and decided to make dinner. I noticed that the sink was blocked up and had some water and floating plant bits in it, so, as one does, I decided to turn on the garbage disposal and clear it out.

Imagine my surprise when there erupted, from not only the drain in the second sink but from the laundry and dishwasher drain pipes in the corner of our kitchen, gouts of ground-up plant matter and filth water, coating everything in the kitchen with a thick glaze of leafy slime. It was awesome, in the sense of inspiring awe, and disgusting, in the sense of inspiring disgust.

Later the first roommate moved out and somehow became even more pretentious over time. The second roommate made moves on me that I was too oblivious to notice, which is some pretty heavy oblivion if you consider she was hanging out in my room in her underwear and I only realized what was going on like five years later.

This is an epic story!

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 5:18 pm 

yeah, there's a reason they make rope out of hemp. :-) she sounds like an utter dummy.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:00 pm 
Nooch of Earl

It's lucky that this landlord's idiocy didn't lead to a no-knock warrant by swat team in which all the tenants' pets were shot dead because that's how these stories seem to end too often.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:41 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

If you can look things up on your phone then surely you could take a picture and go show the police the picture. You know, instead of making them come all the way out for that?

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:27 pm 

or bring them a leaf.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 8:46 am 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

i'm sad for people who can't tell the difference between the smell of tomato plants and the smell of marijuana plants, mostly because the smell of a fresh tomato leaf is one of the greatest things in the world, and everyone needs to smell it at least once.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:55 am 
WELFARIST!

acr wrote:
i'm sad for people who can't tell the difference between the smell of tomato plants and the smell of marijuana plants, mostly because the smell of a fresh tomato leaf is one of the greatest things in the world, and everyone needs to smell it at least once.

Yeah, but can you roll it up and smoke it?

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 11:15 am 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

well, i'm sure you can. i imagine you could smoke most anything with the right equipment and determination.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 12:05 am 
Lime and a Coconut

acr wrote:

Agreed!

landlord wrote:
"Right there I looked it up on my phone and they looked close to marijuana plants, but I thought I should call someone who knew about plants, so I called police.”

Good call, nobody knows more about botany than the NYPD!