| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1035 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next
 Post subject: Re: A thread about LUSH!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:17 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

vijita wrote:
OMG. jdfunks and julialegume gave me a box of relaxation Lush products for a wedding present. Last night I used an unidentified lavender bath bomb at our B&B and it relaxed me so much that after I got out of the bath, I fell asleep on a towel on the bathroom floor and Jay thought I was dead. Amazing.

That made me laugh so, so loudly! Congrats and the food looked amazing!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:20 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

linanil wrote:
lepelaar wrote:
interrobang?! wrote:
Has anyone used r & b? I was given a sample of this after chatting to an (hard to find!) assistant about my crazy falling apart scalp. She said to rub it in and wash it out? But the website says to leave it in! So bloody confused.

That's weird. I use it as a leave-in product sometimes, but never on my scalp, only on my hair. It's pretty good for curls. I bought it when I was trying to find a sub for Aveda's Be Curly lotion. I don't think I'm converted though. I like the scent but it's WAAAAAAAAAY too strong. I get a lot of comments on it on days that I use it. Also, it doesn't really tame the frizz as well as the Aveda products, without making my hair look heavy/greasy. I find it almost impossible to find the happy medium between not enough and too much, and sometimes it even looks frizzy and greasy at the same time, which I don't quite understand.

I love R&B. I definitely leave it in. I just use a tiny bit and comb it through my hair.

I'm curious what your hair is like. I find that just a tiny bit doesn't do the job at all, and leaves my head looking like a clown wig, but then I've got quite thick, dry, curly hair. In fact, I never actually comb it, because combing makes it even more frizzy. (I just brush it before I wash it to get any tangles out, and then leave it alone.)

Vijita, that sounds like an amazing wedding gift!

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:29 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

interrobang?! wrote:
Has anyone used r & b? I was given a sample of this after chatting to an (hard to find!) assistant about my crazy falling apart scalp. She said to rub it in and wash it out? But the website says to leave it in! So bloody confused.

they have another product called superbalm that's meant to be rubbed directly onto the scalp and then washed off. it's supposed to help with irritation and dandruff and itchiness and stuff. maybe your salesperson confused the two?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:21 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

ooh has anyone else seen that the retro Lush stuff is going to be available year-round (online only though)? I'm stoked because I missed my chance to stock up on Smitten at xmas!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:08 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

I just need to say that I had terrible poison oak on my hands which looked like mutant bubble hands and itched like crazy. Then after the blisters went away, my wrists/fingers/hands were CHAPPED or something and they looked like I was 90 years old and unhealthy. I went to lush and held out my hands saying heeeellllpppp and got dream cream. It worked. My hands are back to normal. (I don't think it's miracle cream, I just think it's excellent and speedy.)

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:43 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I concur – I've had horrible seasonal dry skin on my legs in the past, to the point where I scratched 'til I bled, and dream cream fixed me up good, and fast. I use it on my hands nightly.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:04 am 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

geeksweetheart wrote:
Love: Godiva shampoo and Lust perfume (matching scent) I get compliments every single time I wear Lust.
Jungle conditioner. Makes my hair so soft and such a unique scent, I cant stop smelling it. After the bar gets half gone I put it in a tin wish some water and it makes a balm texture which is easier to use.
Twilight shower gel, I am heartbroken that this was limited edition, a sweet lavender vanillascent.
Coalface: keeps my skin clear. A little drying though, and I've never found a Lush moisturizer that doesn't break me out. (or any moisturizer for that matter. Most recently I tried straight coconut oil and it seemed to be working but today, spots)

Have you tried Full of Grace? It's a solid facial serum. When me skin's being a bisque it's the only thing to keep it clear. I get on with Gorgeous too, but it's an investment!

Regarding R'n'B it was made for Afro hair - because some styles pull the scalp very tight, it's been made to soften and restore the scalp too, so you can rub it on. It use it that way if I've used too much bleach and my scalp is itchy. You will need to wash it before you go out in public though, it tends to feel v oily.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:48 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

i just sampled full of grace yesterday! they put it on my hand and i was kind of amazed by it. i didn't buy one just yet; i can't figure out what the weather is doing so therefore i can't figure out what my skin is doing, but i am definitely intrigued.

meanwhile, i got a sample of celestial recently and i loooooooooved it so much that i ran back the next week to buy a full-size pot. it smells like vanilla ice cream and it's magically handling my "i can't decide if i'm dry or oily or happy or sad" skin right now.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:01 am 
Seagull of the PPK

bluedawg- if i had known, i would have refrigerated celestial, it went bad before i could use it all.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:14 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

After 2 weeks of angels on bare skin my face is definitely clearing up. Spots are significantly better. I'm trying to remember to bring it to the shower with me in the morning because of the acne on my chest which is really bad lately. Only managed to remember a handful of times though.

I must get the dream cream next time I am in Lush. I tried it out and it felt fantastic. I've desperately dry skin at present on my hands, legs, feet and arms.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 3:52 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I went into Lush yesterday and spent less than $50. I had no idea that was possible!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 11:34 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Does anyone have any suggestions for curly hair shampoo? I really wanted to try curly wurly until I saw that it wasn't vegan because it has eggs in it, but I still like the idea of it.
From the description:
Quote:
This is a rich shampoo base that we have crammed full of real coconut, then topped this off with cocoa butter, shea butter, jojoba oil, avocado butter and olive oil – all to add a deep condition to the hair and a definition to the curl. We have then included linseed infusion and egg for softness, fresh papaya and freshly squeezed lemon juice to give shine.

The overall result is a deep rich shampoo that doesn’t make you feel greasy or heavy, is easy to comb through and leaves the curls with natural spring and vitality. If that isn’t enough – this also has a lovely coconut scent that lasts through the day.

Big perhaps?

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:28 pm 

Trichomania is good - a solid coconut shampoo.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 2:25 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Experiment with positive results!!

There was no facial cleanser left, and my forehead had developed these stupid little bumps that don't do anything but look bad. Mainly because it had been unseasonably hot, and I'd been sitting on the balcony. I have dry, sensitive skin, but a lot of moisturizers turn out to be too rich (bumps again) & I've always had great results from anything containing sea salt - so I actually used Rub Rub Rub on my face.
(If it's too aggressive, use it on wet skin, so the salt will melt a bit, and the scrub will be gentler. Oh, and use something soothing afterwards, like Eau Roma Water.)
All cleared up! (And the scent is DIVINE.)
:D

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 12:21 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

I just wanna say that it's a really bad idea for me to have bought the Guvernor body powder because it's BLACK. It's black dusting powder. Like, what was I thinking? What were they thinking, too, making it? It's charcoal-based (or something, so the label says) and gives me sooty pits and feet, just in time for shorts and sleevelessness. It's like a liberal dusting of five o'clock shadow. I can't see this product lasting. I'll switch back to their invisible body powders now but this is a PSA for those who don't really, you know, visualize the end usage and ultimate downsides of certain products.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 9:41 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

PPK is a dangerous place for my bank account. A couple of years ago, I wandered into the nail polish thread and my high school love of fun nail colors was instantly renewed. I now have a collection that's... larger than normal.

Tonight I saw something about Lush in another thread, remembered that there was a thread all about it, spent 30 minutes reading here, and just placed my first ever order of their products. I think this might have been a bad (but also really good) idea. Whatevs, I'm excited to get my new pretties!

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 10:13 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

hooray for enabling! those are my two biggest ppk-related vices as well.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 3:09 am 
Chard Martyr

My Lush had a benefit thingy on Saturday (I would have stayed to find out what, but I have to be in and out ASAP at Lush for my sanity), and they were giving away free vegan cupcakes and iced tea! It was wonderful.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 7:59 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

The mall my mother works at recently got a Lush store, which I was initially stoked about. But pretty much everything I wanted contained palm, which I'm not okay with. I was totally disappointed.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 2:51 pm 

Tupelohoney, are you sure? We went palm-free from our soap base a few years back, the only possible sources now are the vegetable oil in the SLS, which we're working on but we're a minor buyer in that market and coconut is still a very temperamental harvest for SLS production.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:05 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

boyfriend gave me a $25 g/c - ended up spending $60+ on top of that last saturday...got a few makeup items to try out...

i got a sample of the new vegan conditioner. i find it a lil to weak for the hydration i need but <3 the smell. even more so when the boyfriend said he dug it! maybe getting some unscented moisturizing conditioner and adding the lush will do the trick.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:29 pm 
Naked Under Apron

They're opening a new store around the corner from where I stay when I'm in NYC. I am equal parts excited to get stuff and dismayed at the future expenditures I foresee.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:58 am 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

i like the mascara formula enough - for a softer look but the application wand sucks.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:26 pm 

Have you tried angling it? I am far too short-sighted to use it as is, but it's on a wire, so you can press it against the side of the bottle to make it an angled brush. It still goes in and out of the bottle fine.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:41 pm 
Chard Martyr

Ha, my mum sent me a small Lush package for my birthday, and I assumed the Seanik included was a bath bomb or bubble bomb, and have used it as such for the entirety of its existence. It only struck me today to look it up to see why the hell it lasted that long. It's a shampoo bar! Oh well. I've enjoyed my shampoo baths immensely.

Reply to topic  [ 1035 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next