| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1419, 1420, 1421, 1422, 1423, 1424, 1425 ... 1768  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 6:47 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Mr. Shankly, come back and tell us how it went!

My interview went great. The job I wanted is already taken, but the (very nice) lady at the agency is going to send suitable job offers my way from now on.
Pretty sure that one day soon I will have a new job I like - and that's probably actually better paid.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 7:03 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Imogen wrote:
creep wrote:
In other news, my husband closes jars/lids/everything SO forking TIGHT that I cannot open them with all of my might, and then gets annoyed that I'm constantly asking him to open things.

Run them under warm water before trying to open them - it really works!

I use the banging on the counter and cursing trick! But one of the things he closes too tight is the lid to the espresso machine, and I can't really bang on it or run it under water. Anger!

Soooooo, we're still not moved out of our rental house. Our official date is next weekend, because there's still a bit that has to be done on the new house. We don't have a great relationship with our roommate, but we still talk to each other a little bit. Last night he walked to the door covered in luggage, and I was like "where you goin?" Uhhh, Europe until the 27th. Thanks for letting us know! Pretty sure he would've just walked out the door and been gone for over a week if I hadn't asked. Such a weirdo. Anyway, we're moving the 25th, so we're basically without a roommate from now on, except that his stuff is still here. WHOOP.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 7:24 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

couroupita wrote:
I've had the coffee jitters all day. I had my daily coffee with a giant muffin, felt funky, then had my lunch (giant salad with nuts and beans), a sugary soda, a naked juice, and an odwalla bar to try to get rid of the bad feeling. Nothing is helping! What do you guys do??

I usually drink tons of water and poop a lot, and that helps. The sugar from the soda, juice, and odwalla bar probably aren't helping the jitters much.

In other news, I can't stop eating bagels.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 7:32 am 

The fact that my auto correct keeps trying to change stabby to stubby makes me even stabbier.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 8:26 am 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

Why are the same people that scream "take care of our own first!" when they hear about the country giving aid to another country the same exact ones who spout ideas like "if you have too many kids and you're on welfare, you should just get cut off as a punishment, it's your fault"

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 8:38 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Fee wrote:
Why are the same people that scream "take care of our own first!" when they hear about the country giving aid to another country the same exact ones who spout ideas like "if you have too many kids and you're on welfare, you should just get cut off as a punishment, it's your fault"

Don't be silly, poor people aren't actually "our own."

This makes me so angry too and I don't understand it. I mean, I guess I do, because it's obvious that what they really mean is, "Why should we have to take care of anyone?" But I don't understand thinking that way.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 8:49 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I wish I could fall asleep again. I've been home sick all week, first with terrible cramps and now with the flu. I just need to rest and be toasty warm, but maaaaaaaaan oh man, apparently that's even too much right now. :(

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:18 am 
Chard Martyr

I have a meeting with my boss today wherein I am presenting a tonne of ideas I spent hours and hours on last night preparing. I feel like she is either going to fire me or hug me. I'm kind of okay with either at this point.

On the plus side I have a pretty promising lead on a different job. I applied last night.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:35 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Good luck, vijita! I know how you feel re: the job situation. It's all well and good for someone to tell you to just quit if your job is poisonous, but when you have tens of thousands of dollars of debt (or more) and no savings, it's not really an option.

I called in sick today even though I felt alright this morning. I'm glad I did because I'm still sneezing and sniffling. I'm gonna head out for a walk soon and hope getting out of the house helps.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:21 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

vijita wrote:
On the plus side I have a pretty promising lead on a different job. I applied last night.

oooh, good luck!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:32 am 
Ninja Master

I'm in a rut. A life rut. I need to make some big plans!

I'm 35 next year and still in the same job / house / situation as I was when I was 21. (Although I'm way more awesomer now because I am vegan!!). But my god I'm bored of the same old crepe day in and day out.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:43 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

WORST EVER! There's a place right down the street from us in a medical building that is a cafe for people with allergies and such, and they were advertising vegan pancakes. I had seen the place before and was skeptical since it looked kind of creepy, and is in this old-person medical centre, but Trevor really wanted to try it out, since, "What if the best pancakes are right down the street? Then we'd feel stupid for not trying them!" Anyway, we just went.

The only thing vegan on the menu is the option of vegan pancakes. We order them. Sit down and wait. The waitress brings them over, they look pretty okay so we start eating them. Not too bad, but a bit strange! Not like the ones I make at home. The cook comes over to ask how we like them and to assure us, "This is my own recipe! Totally animal free. I use apple sauce, a blend of gluten-free flours (?), some rice milk..." and she trails off and starts walking away and says, "Of course it's the egg and grapeseed oil that make it fluffy!" and she walks away quickly back to the kitchen.

T. and I just look at eachother like, "OMG!" and simultaneously push our plates away and walk out.

So. Let me get this straight. They were gluten-free, which is NOT what we asked for, and what I did ask for was vegan and they had egg in them. I'm laughing about it, but Trevor is super pissed. He also feels really bad because he feels like he made me go against my best judgment of the place.

What a nice start to our 5 day weekend!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 11:17 am 
A gift from the crasshole god.

People in restaurants/cafes not who say they know what vegan is but they actually don't are the worst.

My family went out for my sister's birthday recently and my mum phoned 3 times. The first time just to book and tell them there was a vegan in the party and would anything be available and she called me up, all excited, because the head chef is a vegan and they can make out a vegan menu. Yay. So she phoned the next two days to remind them and every time she explained what vegan meant and when we got there and asked for the vegan menu the waiter pointed it out. It was the vegetarian menu and I explained that it was a veggie menu and not vegan and he tried to tell me I could eat the lasagne and I was all like "cheese" and he got confused. In the end it worked out well, I got a decent meal and they apologised but seriously? How hard is it to just write it down next to the booking? Although they did ask my mum how to spell vegan so that should have been the first clue.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 11:22 am 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

My favorite news item while listening to NPR on the way to work today: there was a kitten trapped in a tree, so a man climbed up to rescue it, but also got trapped in the tree. The fire department had to rescue them both.

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 11:39 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

DarthCupcake wrote:
My favorite news item while listening to NPR on the way to work today: there was a kitten trapped in a tree, so a man climbed up to rescue it, but also got trapped in the tree. The fire department had to rescue them both.

Really love this.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 11:41 am 

How do I alert my mother to me wanting this shirt for my birthday without just flat out saying I WANT THIS GET IT FOR ME?

Lil' Bub Tank

Also, they're sold out of the small. But loose tanks are good yes? Medium will be okay and not swimming? I expect you guys to intricately know what fits me?

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 11:43 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

Imogen wrote:
creep wrote:
In other news, my husband closes jars/lids/everything SO forking TIGHT that I cannot open them with all of my might, and then gets annoyed that I'm constantly asking him to open things.

I open stubborn jars with rubber gloves! You don't even have to put the glove on just flop it around the jar/your grip for traction!

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 11:45 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

It has occurred to me that the word embarrassed might have it's coinage by someone being embarrassed about their bare asparagus.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 11:46 am 

Mars wrote:
How do I alert my mother to me wanting this shirt for my birthday without just flat out saying I WANT THIS GET IT FOR ME?

Lil' Bub Tank

Also, they're sold out of the small. But loose tanks are good yes? Medium will be okay and not swimming? I expect you guys to intricately know what fits me?

That is a very awesome thing. I put stuff like that on my amazon wishlist (they have a button now so you can put things from all over the internet on it) and mark it highest priority, then mark everything else down to lower priority. It may or may not work, but it's better than flat out saying GET THIS THING FOR ME. Also, loose tanks are awesome! I live in loose tanks with a tighter tank underneath to cover my boobays in the summertime!

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 11:56 am 

Well yeah, loose is actually always key, I'll never wear a tight one, however in most mens sizing, smalls are actually already loose on me, like, the right amount of loose.

Yeah maybe I should make a wishlist. Hrm...

Edit: The wishlist add-on didn't work with that website. So I just sent my mum an email saying "Wow! Look at this thing for no reason!"

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 12:07 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

seitanicverses wrote:
Imogen wrote:
creep wrote:

I open stubborn jars with rubber gloves! You don't even have to put the glove on just flop it around the jar/your grip for traction!

A rubber band around the edge also works. The thick kind that comes with stalks of broccoli.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 12:10 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Yes, I do the rubber band trick too. Whatever rubbery grip is available and at hand works.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 12:18 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

There's this one really busy intersection where I always end up after grocery shopping, where the lights take forever to change for pedestrians. And I always end up missing my bus, see it go sailing by while I'm still waiting to cross the street (I do jaywalk when possible, but the intersection is really busy and it's pretty much impossible). It always enrages me and I wish I could be a city planner and build a pedestrian underpass or overpass there. Even though I live in a city where it's possible to not have a car and it's not a big deal, sometimes being a pedestrian in a car-centric country makes me feel really small and insignificant.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 12:24 pm 
Keepin' It Seal

Yes! I always use rubber bands to open jars. Works like a charm.

I'm making a play kitchen out of an old cabinet for my friends' kid and it needs to be done by the 24th. I'm worried that I won't have enough time so I kind of want to use my lunch hour to spray paint the oven knobs. On one hand I feel like it's kind of weird to spray paint on the side of the parking lot in my business casual clothes. But on the the other hand, I don't really care. I think I'll just end up going for it anyway.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 12:28 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

There are chickens at my work! They are so nice and I was carrying them around all morning. I think they might all be roosters, though, which means it will be really difficult to find homes for them if no one claims them.

Reply to topic  [ 44176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1419, 1420, 1421, 1422, 1423, 1424, 1425 ... 1768  Next