| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: renewed/cancelled
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 11:50 am 
Not NOT A Furry

missmuffcake wrote:
Also the whole no-marriage thing worked for me, I got it. 7 year relationship no plans of marriage...Maybe I just finally found a show I could relate to?

I really liked Better With You and was sorry it got cancelled a while back. It was a comedy about three couples in various stages of a relationship - the parents, together for a lifetime and their two daughters. I liked that the older daughter was in a long term unmarried relationship - and could identify with how it was seen by the family as less valid than her sister's new relationship where they got pregnant straight away, engaged and planned to be married.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 12:17 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

rentaghost wrote:
I really liked Better With You and was sorry it got cancelled a while back. It was a comedy about three couples in various stages of a relationship - the parents, together for a lifetime and their two daughters. I liked that the older daughter was in a long term unmarried relationship - and could identify with how it was seen by the family as less valid than her sister's new relationship where they got pregnant straight away, engaged and planned to be married.

But the thing was Whitney was for the most part her family/friend were okay with it. It was no big deal. That is how it is with me and my guy. Only strangers make it a big deal.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 12:25 pm 
Semen Strong

I totally get how nice it is to be able to relate! As a South Asian woman (who isn't the tall, light-skinned pretty Padma Lakshmi type), it has been so wonderful watching Mindy Kaling. She is super-relatable, so I know its not just the race thing, but seeing someone who kind of looks like me is kind of amazing.

As far as relationships, I love that "Grey's Anatomy" had Grey and McDreamy's marriage be no big deal - first they married on a post-it and even when they finally did their wedding to be able to adopt Zola it wasn't fussy. Sadly shows really like the pageantry of a wedding as a season ender, so they marry off everyone they can!