| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Do cats who don't throw up everywhere exist?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:40 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

My cat hasn't thrown up since I switched her to all wet food. I've also been keeping her indoors, so I don't know if it's the change in diet or that she can no longer go out and chew on plants/grass.

bird noises | book of faces

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:54 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Gozer is the serial puker in our house, but he's been puking less overall in the last year. But he would sometimes go on vomit sprees. Also, he always pukes twice and he always manages to hit our bedroom carpet (the only carpeted room in the house) or our area rug. Or the bed or the couch (which we keep covered for this reason). If I leave the bed unmade and he pukes, he will puke on the fitted sheet.

He's also the most desperate for food and always trying to get into shiitake. My father-in-law, for whatever reason, cannot accept that he can't leave the pantry open or Gozer will liberate all of his peanut butter crackers. Although it is kind of funny when he drags them up here or I go to the basement and find a pile of wrappers and crumbs.

Just like dogs, if you're worried about things like puke or fuckery i'd try to find a cat who's being fostered so you can ask the foster parent about their behavior.

Also, Fatty regularly tried to kill me in sleep when she was a kitten, and now she's so mellow (but cranky) that people don't believe me that she's pure evil.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:25 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

My cats don't get on the counters or tables. Maybe once a month they'll get on the table if something tempting is up there (a box). I'll go thank them for being saints now.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:26 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

During the summer my cat is a puke machine. She's a short hair but is a meticulous groomer. She also won't let me touch her with a brush, so I really have to be on top of the anti-furball paste/treats. The rest of the year she doesn't puke much at all.

She has to walk and sit on EVERYTHING. No amount of spray bottle squirts, change-jar shaking, or stern voice will change her behavior. I even got one of those expensive "Ssssst" cans with a motion sensor, but mostly I just scared the crepe out of myself all the time because I would forget about it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:46 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Omg they're so cute!!!

I have... one medium long hair that never pukes, one medium long hair that pukes occasionaly, and one short hair that pukes frequently. Often because she eats to fast. Oh, and if she pukes I have to fight off the other 2 because they want to eat her delicious vomit. Sometimes they already get all up in her face when she starts making the preparatory vom noises. Which makes her hiss-vomit because she hates them! Fun times. I give them anti hairball paste regularly.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:37 am 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

Haha. Why do we love cats, again?

My Oscar was a puker. I had this rattan rug that was kind of the same color as his fur, so when he'd puke up a hairball, I often didn't see it until I stepped in it (usually first thing in the morning, barefoot). Mrs. Fuzzbutt is not much of a puker. I've known her two years now, and I think she's thrown up maybe four times in that period.

Oscar used to get on the kitchen counter even though he knew he wasn't allowed. He never did it when I could see it, but occasionally I'd walk in and there he'd be. Sometimes, I'd notice he was not hanging around me (he always followed me around) and he was suspiciously quiet and I'd call him, and I'd hear this telltale "thunk" as he jumped off the counter.

We always thought Fuzzbutt didn't go on the counter, until one day we walked into the kitchen and there she was. I honestly don't think she goes there regularly, but I don't count on it. Sneaky monkey.

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:50 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

Those kittens are so cute! The one on the left totally looks like he's smiling.
Both our kitties appear to be professional barfers, but it's mostly due to their long fur. The apartment is all carpeted, so it's not really fun to clean up. (Except for the cats who get to observe while I take care of it.)
As for the counter-walking issue, I tried the firm "No!" approach when they attempted to go up there as youngsters, and it kinda worked. Although I occasionally hear at least one of them having a counter party when I leave the room, so I guess it wasn't a complete success.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:29 am 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

lepelaar wrote:
Haha. Why do we love cats, again?

this is true and the thread is pretty funny :D definitely something to think about.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:46 am 
WRETCHED

I'll also say I think cats are easier than dogs but I also have a dog that pukes so there is that. I have a warm cat laying on me right now and I can't imagine life any other way

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:24 am 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

celine wrote:
Both our kitties appear to be professional barfers, but it's mostly due to their long fur. The apartment is all carpeted, so it's not really fun to clean up. (Except for the cats who get to observe while I take care of it.)
As for the counter-walking issue, I tried the firm "No!" approach when they attempted to go up there as youngsters, and it kinda worked. Although I occasionally hear at least one of them having a counter party when I leave the room, so I guess it wasn't a complete success.

I love the expression "counter party"! I'm now imagining your kitties on your kitchen counter wearing party hats and swinging at a pinata with cutlery.

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:37 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

My one cat is a perfect little lady: Never pukes, never misses litter box, actually slept in a cat bed as a kitten rarely climbs where she isn't supposed to etc.
My other poor little boy pukes regularly (he tends to gorge himself if not watched), climbs and insists on perching or sleeping in the most impossible of places and then falls off in his sleep, never buries his poop, reacts violently to fleas or any other parasite so is constantly being medicated and yells at you all day long even when you are holding him. The female cat can barely contain her disdain when she looks at him.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:45 am 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

My boyfriend's cat doesn't walk on counters or puke. But the only reason she doesn't jump on the counters is because she's a lil tub-o-love and she's no acrobat.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:53 am 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

lepelaar wrote:
celine wrote:

I love the expression "counter party"! I'm now imagining your kitties on your kitchen counter wearing party hats and swinging at a pinata with cutlery.

me too! if they really do that, i'm in! but only if they have good taste in party music.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:02 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I have 2 cats and the fluffy one throws up the occasional furball (and will go outside to do it if she can), while the other one just throws up whenever she's excited (including when I get home, new people are about or she's having an overexciting play with her toys to name but a few examples). Luckily they're on dry food and I have mostly wooden flooring so it's not too hard to deal with.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:44 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

My kitty is allowed on counters/tables because we are gross and love her. She doesn't puke ever, so there's that. She is a good little cat. We make compromises. Signed documents. c/o Madame Puddington.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:48 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Zoila walks on counters and in cabinets what appears to be every single time we are out of eyesight, but she never pukes.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:16 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Also, the one cat of mine who was a puker turned out to have a thyroid condition. She hasn't puked again since she started her medication. Now I live in a blissfully puke-free home.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:31 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

zensquiggle wrote:
The worst are the ones that eat their own puke piles. When I used to hear the ralphing noise from the bedroom at night, part of me would be totally grossed out by the thought, but part of me just hoped she'd take care of the mess herself so I wouldn't step in it when I got up.

(Also, I predict that the two kittens above will be perfect angels and never throw up at all.)

I have one who pukes regularly, and one who never pukes. What happens often, is that the one who doesn't puke will eat the puke of the one who pukes. I'm the same...when I hear the puker leaving a present, in the back of my mind, I hope the other one will go and take care of it so I don't have to! LOL!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:16 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Both of mine are vomit monsters. I'm about 99% sure that it's caused by eating too fast, but I'm not sure how to prevent this. I feed them both dry and wet food, and they have their own bowls for the wet food so it's not like they're competing. I think I'm gonna experiment with spacing out the feedings or timing them differently or something, because I am SO sick of cleaning puke off of carpet.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 1:55 pm 
Huffs Nooch

My short-haired boy cat has never thrown up in the 4 years I've had him. He inhales his food and is a meticulous groomer.

My girl cat's nickname is "puker." She has long hair, and though I rarely see her grooming, she throws up hairballs when I'm not vigilant about brushing her (which involves a cycle of 5 minutes of petting, 60 seconds of brushing, my hand being attacked, her running away, then coming back 2 minutes later). She also throws up a lot of unchewed food. Fortunately both kinds are easy to clean up.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 3:36 pm 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

Invictus wrote:
Also, the one cat of mine who was a puker turned out to have a thyroid condition. She hasn't puked again since she started her medication. Now I live in a blissfully puke-free home.

I had this same problem. Lilly started vomiting pretty regularly. At first I thought it was just crazy hairballs, but I took her to the vet and she has an overactive thyroid. She eats special iodine-free food, and she hasn't thrown up since (as far as I can tell .. the carpet in my apartment is unfortunately the exact shade of most cat vomit so sometimes it's hard to spot).

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:42 pm 
Calls "cavemen" on that

My cats barf all the time. I think it's half hair all barfs, half eating wet food piggy kitties barfs.

So few weeks ago, snowball my little guy, snarfs his morning food as usual. Get up on his cat tree thing, which is just under 5 feet tall, kickin it on the top part. I'm drinking coffee across the room and I hear the 'urk urk' oh. shiitake.

I JUMP over the coffee table to get him off. The brand new cat thingy is WHITE. and it was hella expensive.

I did t make it. He projectile vomits across the room, missing me by inches and getting slightly used science diet all over the couch, floor, cat tree thing.

fork, it was so gross. I almost puked. But instead I yelled bloody murder at 6am. Sorry neighbors (actually, not sorry, they are jerks)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:45 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Oh man, that sounds awful! I didn't even know that cats could projectile vomit!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:25 pm 
Calls "cavemen" on that

zelavie wrote:
Oh man, that sounds awful! I didn't even know that cats could projectile vomit!

Me neither. I found out the gross way.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:38 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

That one goes high up on the list of excellent cat puke stories.