| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2884 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101 ... 116  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tasty eats from Trader Joe's
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:24 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

Is the Cookie Butter repackaged Biscoff. The Biscoff spread says vegan, the TJ says no. I am trying to do research.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:29 pm 
Cranky

missmuffcake wrote:
Is the Cookie Butter repackaged Biscoff. The Biscoff spread says vegan, the TJ says no. I am trying to do research.

No, it's not. There's definitely a difference in the flavor.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:30 pm 
Asked Santa for a Hoveringdog

IIRC, TJ's said they didn't put the V on the cookie butter because they couldn't guarantee the sugar wasn't bone char sugar. I remember it was talked about in here a bunch, though, so maybe a quick search would bring it back up.

I stopped at TJ's today, and mine still has a ton of the salt and pepper dark chocolate rounds, so if there is anyone who didn't get any before their store sold out, and still wants some, I'd be happy to go buy them and ship them.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:37 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

Has anybody here tried the "Stir-fried Vegetable Rolls?" I'm a bit intrigued, despite this less than glowing omni review:
http://www.whatsgoodattraderjoes.com/20 ... rolls.html

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:04 pm 
Hearts James Cromwell

ifer wrote:
Has anybody here tried the "Stir-fried Vegetable Rolls?" I'm a bit intrigued, despite this less than glowing omni review:

They're ok! I buy them from time to time. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:41 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

VegSo wrote:
ifer wrote:

They're ok! I buy them from time to time. :)

I get them sometimes, they're okay. I think they changed recently. They didn't used to get so soggy while cooking them. I tried cooking on parchment the other day and they were a bit less soggy, but still sort of mushy on one side (even though I turned them halfway through the cooking).

I have put my mouth, this is the best sandwich. Since. I agree Araya monkeytoes too much, especially the lunch buffet. I have no idea of ​​the city center. I mean try headstrong, but I have not made there. --spam!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:53 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

i know this has already been mentioned but am sad that my TJ's has no soy yogurt at the moment :( i'll have to go to earth fare later this week and hope they have some and pay a ridiculous price for it.

"But...that's the most vegetably vegetable there is!!!" -Chicki

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:05 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

they might not have it either given the distribution problems that whole soy is having and since there is no more Silk. What brand do you usually get?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:39 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

To add insult to injury, it's "on sale" at Earth Fare right now and there is NONE to be had. :(

Every store that sells Whole Soy (including TJs) is now totally out of it. TJs didn't leave the spot open either, which isn't unusual for them, but I really hope it's going to come back there because it's way cheaper.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:06 pm 
Naked Under Apron

I didn't even buy it that often, but now that I can't have it I NEED IT. Come back to me, peach Whole Soy.

I just read on their blog that the old facility only gave them three days' notice that they were closing!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:29 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

ijustdiedinside wrote:
they might not have it either given the distribution problems that whole soy is having and since there is no more Silk. What brand do you usually get?

always whole soy. not a fan of silk soy milk so i never bothered to try to find or try their soygert.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:30 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

karichelle wrote:
To add insult to injury, it's "on sale" at Earth Fare right now and there is NONE to be had. :(

Every store that sells Whole Soy (including TJs) is now totally out of it. TJs didn't leave the spot open either, which isn't unusual for them, but I really hope it's going to come back there because it's way cheaper.

ack that there is none at your earthfare! i guess i'll call my local earthfare before i go out of my way to go there. and yes i saw the sign for soygert at TJ but no open spot at mine either. sigh.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:22 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Just picked up Gluten-Free JoJos today! Hadn't seen them before. Taste is good, but cookie isn't as thin and crispy; rather, it was a bit softer and more crumbly.

Box size appears to be the same, but I could have sworn regular JoJos have 3 rows of cookies, where the GF box has just two...? Also, they were more expensive, if I recall correctly.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:25 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

VeganVamp wrote:
Just picked up Gluten-Free JoJos today! Hadn't seen them before. Taste is good, but cookie isn't as thin and crispy; rather, it was a bit softer and more crumbly.

Box size appears to be the same, but I could have sworn regular JoJos have 3 rows of cookies, where the GF box has just two...? Also, they were more expensive, if I recall correctly.

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer, but I think the gluten-free Joe Joe's contain eggs:
http://injohnnaskitchen.com/2013/06/joe ... e-cookies/

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:40 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Tzippy wrote:

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer, but I think the gluten-free Joe Joe's contain eggs

You are right, I just came over here to post an update after re-checking my box.

Ack! In my shopping haste, I'd actually breezed over the ingredients and didn't catch the EGG WHITE POWDER, duh...

Blah, such a bummer when they swap out gluten for egg-something-or-other.... but at least my GF 17-year-old has some cookies (albeit cookies we won't be sharing).

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:50 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

I'm addicted to the roasted seaweed snack.
I just picked up the wasabi flavor today to give it a try.
Glad the whole package is only 60 cal.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:40 pm 
Tofu Pup

Yes to the roasted seaweed snack. I always eat the whole package. Same with the kale chips. I like their gluten-free brown rice wraps although they aren't super flexible. Their veggie burgers that come 2 to a pack in the refrigerated section are great also.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:43 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

karichelle wrote:

have yet to see them at TJ's, but my earth has had the little cups of vanilla and strawberry for a couple weeks or so now. i did quite the silly happy dance when i saw them on the shelf! and they were still on sale at earthfare :) i'm all out so i gotta go back and get more. i ♥ whole soy yogurt. hopefully TJ's will get it back soon. i don't go there very often, but will make sure to check next time i'm in the area.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:32 pm 

My Earth Fare is smaller and only carries the tub of vanilla...they are back in stock, but I was disappointed to see that the shelf tag now says "discontinued." :(

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:44 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

karichelle wrote:
My Earth Fare is smaller and only carries the tub of vanilla...they are back in stock, but I was disappointed to see that the shelf tag now says "discontinued." :(

what?!!? please be specific, no matter the size of the store, if something is discontinued at one store it is discontinued at all of them -- that's what one of the grocery ordering guys told me, even if at one store it sells super awesome. which of the whole soy products at your earth fare is being discontinued?

so sad!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:31 pm 

The vanilla tub is marked as discontinued on the tag -- it's the only Whole Soy product the Louisville Earth Fare carries. Up until the last sale ended they still had the "sale" tag up with an empty shelf. Now it's a full shelf with a discontinued tag.

There are a lot of items our store doesn't carry that the larger ones do. Field Roast is one. Of course now that doesn't matter since I can no longer consume gluten, but it was disappointing at first.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:03 am 
Nailed to the V

I did my monthly Trader Joe's trip yesterday and for some reason was inspired to buy the Chicken-less Strips, the kind they keep in the refrigerated section with the Tofurkey sausages. Can anyone vouch for these? Are they anything like Beyond Meat strips, cuz I like those. Or are they more like Gardein?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:55 am 
WRETCHED

I believe the Chicken-less strips are gardein like.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:29 am 

I think they are repackaged Gardein.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:23 pm 
Nailed to the V

Thanks, guys! I can live with them being "generic" Gardein, I guess :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2884 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101 ... 116  Next