| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dee's Wholefoods
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:58 am 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

Anyone a fan? (Are they only available in Ireland?)

I wasn't too enamoured by the burgers, I found them quite bland and expensive, and with very little protein for a 'burger'. I really like the pots though, good for an emergency lunch.

I bought some of the leek and onion sausages yesterday, but haven't had a chance to taste them yet. They were on offer - two packs (of six sausages) for €7, usual price is €3.99 a pack, which is quite expensive but if they're good will be great to have available in Tesco!

Post subject: Re: Dee's Wholefoods
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:11 pm 
Nailed to the V

I've only tried the sausages, but the mushroom is my favourite. They said they should be in all the major supermarkets soon!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:05 pm 

They have mushroomy sausages? Oooh..will look out for those. I adore mushroomy things.
Dee's stuff is branching out to the UK at the moment, though I think for now it's only fancy food halls and deli type places. The pots are yummy, and I'm not normally into that sort of thing. I also like that if I'm exhausted and at the supermarket I can pick up any of those and don't even have to get neurotic with label reading :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:57 am 

The sausages were really good! I did them in the oven, they fell apart a bit, but were very tasty. Had with roasted veg and mash. I'd definitely recommend them. They come in links, like meat sausages, weird.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:34 am 
Tofu Pup

meant to reply to the other post!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:36 am 
Tofu Pup

tigerpants wrote:
Anyone a fan? (Are they only available in Ireland?)

I wasn't too enamoured by the burgers, I found them quite bland and expensive, and with very little protein for a 'burger'. I really like the pots though, good for an emergency lunch.

I bought some of the leek and onion sausages yesterday, but haven't had a chance to taste them yet. They were on offer - two packs (of six sausages) for €7, usual price is €3.99 a pack, which is quite expensive but if they're good will be great to have available in Tesco!

Hi there, so glad you enjoyed Dee's vegan sausages. I spent two years developing them and the Irish Dulse seaweed gives a beautiful flavour. They are soyafree, gmofree, additive-free and glutenfree which I'm sure you agree is pretty unique in a vegan sausage over here!

Our burgers are made with 100% organic ingredients, again both soya and glutenfree, but we use organic shelled hempseeds and sunflower seeds for protein. The burgers are salt and sugar free, which as you said you found "bland" but we think the natural flavours of the toasted seeds, wholegrains and vegetables comes through. We think there's far too much salt in vegan foods and if you add a relish or a ketchup you will be adding salt and sugar too. We find lots of Mum's giving to toddlers as there's no salt or sugar and the burgers are nice finger food for their little hands! We will keep you posted of any further stockists. Thanks for the feedback on this forum. Dee

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:41 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:18 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Any more news on availability of this range? The website only shows Northwest stockists even on the general stockists link.

I tried the traditional sausages but I'm interested to try the other flavours as I'm hoping I'll like them more - are they available in Waitrose? The pots look interesting too.