| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Master Chef
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:24 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

This season bores me. I am not really invested in either Josh or Christine. I didn't really like Becky but I thought she deserved to be there. I used to like Josh but when he came back he got all bisque-y.

I feel the producers told Graham he has to be meaner.

Also, I was not impressed with Christine's stir-fry.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:58 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

vijita wrote:
I feel the producers told Graham he has to be meaner.

hahahahahahahaha! i totally agree!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:11 am 
Nailed to the V

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 7:32 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

It's back! Is anyone else watching? I don't love the auditions stage, but I watched the first half while I was folding some laundry. The beaver tail made me want to hurrrrrlllll.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:07 pm 
One Trick Dick

Watching via Hulu tonight...

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:44 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Pinko wrote:
It's back! Is anyone else watching? I don't love the auditions stage, but I watched the first half while I was folding some laundry. The beaver tail made me want to hurrrrrlllll.

if that guy doesn't get kicked off pretty quickly, i don't know how i'll watch. the way he talked about killing the beaver was horrible, worse than the close-up on that forking lady's dead rabbit.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 6:26 am 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

Hardcastle McCormick wrote:
Pinko wrote:

if that guy doesn't get kicked off pretty quickly, i don't know how i'll watch. the way he talked about killing the beaver was horrible, worse than the close-up on that forking lady's dead rabbit.

He was also the one with the CRAZY EYES, right? He terrified me.

Oh and did you guys see that this season also has a Monte (not actually her name)? In the next ep, they gave her the same glasses as Monte too!

I'm excited about Sasha and the dude who was crying about his mom's death.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 11:42 am 

Yes, he was the crazy eyes guy. I really can't imagine he'll make it past the next round. He didn't seem all that skilled (from what I could see through my halfway squinched shut eyes).

Yeah, I'm excited for that guy, too (Gordon, I think? Who had his mom's apron?). His plate was so pretty!

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 3:46 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

i watched too! i love this show though through the 2 hours premiere i had a baby screaming in my ear for a good chunk of it.

i liked the girl originally from Mexico.
the beaver guy was creepy as fork and yeah seeing the actual tail cooked was nasty. i didnt even know it was edible. bleh.
i hope he gets attacked by a bunch of vicious beavers one day.

i did not like the very first girl she was way too full of herself and repeatedly talked about being pretty

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:29 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I want mom apron man to win.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 10:23 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

I want to see more of the people picked... I get it, its TV, but the people they showed were mostly nuts. The beaver guy, my Lard, there are no words. He said he was a roadkill chef but then talked about how he violently killed this beaver. Isn't the definition of roadkill something that was killed on the road, not by some insane crasshole so he could get on TV?

And that first girl. Ugh. Am I a bad person for being dismayed that her food seemed good? Her attitude really rubbed me the wrong way and for sure brought out the cattiness in me. I just kept saying "honey, you are not all that so shut up about it."

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 6:22 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

emmalv wrote:
And that first girl. Ugh. Am I a bad person for being dismayed that her food seemed good? Her attitude really rubbed me the wrong way and for sure brought out the cattiness in me. I just kept saying "honey, you are not all that so shut up about it."

Argh, my original post got eaten like three times. To sum up!

I think it takes a really specific personality type to be able to compete effectively on shows like this - confidence/arrogance/hubris - there's famous chefs, camera crews, 99 other competitors and then you're expected to talk intelligently while you cook in a spotlight! I can barely talk to my sweetheart while I cook, I'd lose my mind trying out for this show.

Also I am 99.99999999999% sure that they cherry-pick the female competitors soundbites specifically to inspire a catty reaction!

I feel like Sasha is a more approachable confident than the first girl. Like, I'd go drinking with one of them but not the other, you know?

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 9:01 pm 
Nailed to the V

Madeleine.teacup duuuuude agreed. WIth all of it. Well said.

Gordon is acting like Joe and it's cracking me up--with the 'walk up to the table, taste, stare at the person in the eyes, walk away.'

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:16 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

Madeleine.teacup, you are so right. That is in part why I felt like a bad person - part of me knew I was being played? But still come on. I would never say that so that it could be cherry-picked, but then again, I'm probably paranoid and so would never say anything lest it be dissected and/or mocked by people on the internet. Ergo, I'd never be picked for the show....

I'm soooo with you on the talking thing though. Last night I watched some of the 2nd episode and had that thought. I think it was when the guy from San Diego was caramelizing peaches and I was thinking "the place would be on fire if I had to do this and think about talking, remembering what was done and not done on my dish, not making a dumb face, not lighting my hair on fire, etc."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:47 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

im so glad beaver tail guy went home.

i was sad to see Sasha go she was funny.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:56 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

Can they get any more ridiculous with the dramatic pauses? The show would be half as long if they...didn't...pause...before...every...word.

I knew they were going to put both Luca and the other girl through but...they...took...20...minutes...to...say...it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:26 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

julialegume wrote:
Madeleine.teacup duuuuude agreed. WIth all of it. Well said.

Gordon is acting like Joe and it's cracking me up--with the 'walk up to the table, taste, stare at the person in the eyes, walk away.'

Dude, I'd go drinking with you!

The staring and walking away is the worst. Why, culinary standoff, why?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:30 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

emmalv wrote:

I'm soooo with you on the talking thing though. Last night I watched some of the 2nd episode and had that thought. I think it was when the guy from San Diego was caramelizing peaches and I was thinking "the place would be on fire if I had to do this and think about talking, remembering what was done and not done on my dish, not making a dumb face, not lighting my hair on fire, etc."

I know, right? Whenever we have people over for dinner my sweetheart eventually steers everyone out of the kitchen (because people naturally gravitate toward a kitchen, it's like the law) if I'm still cooking lest I burn the house down or spontaneously chop off my entire hand.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:47 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Jordan is my favorite! And agreed, I'm getting annoyed with the token arrogant chef schtick. Last year it was Josh, this year it's Natasha. It's entirely to create some sort of drama for the show so it's not just cooking and judging, but honestly I'd prefer it cordial/drama-free.

I do think Krissi is hilarious. I'm afraid she might not last long if she makes too many comfort foods like frittata and mac and cheese. She needs to class it up!

On another note, I think it is truly bizarre for a vegetarian to be competing in this show. I'm sad it's not more veg-friendly, but seriously. It really bothers me that she's saying sorry to the meat before she cooks it. Aren't the chefs expected to taste everything they prepare? It just seems like she's broadcasting a really weird message to the world about vegetarians. Her role to me in this show is token "weird quirky girl", and her "weirdness" is her vegetarianism. Bleh. Obviously I'm not watching this show expecting any kind of positive message about vegetarianism or veganism, but it would be nice to eventually make the environment a little more lax (for example, not force everyone to cook lamb as the sole purpose of the challenge).

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:33 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

I am hoping someone caught it...when Luca was picking the mixer he was going to remove, James said something like "I hope he doesn't pick mine, but he is European and therefore ...." what? I did not catch his last word.

I loved that Luca picked Jordan's!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:45 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

Angelina wrote:
I am hoping someone caught it...when Luca was picking the mixer he was going to remove, James said something like "I hope he doesn't pick mine, but he is European and therefore ...." what? I did not catch his last word.

I loved that Luca picked Jordan's!

He's predictable or it was unpredictable

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:18 pm 

Angelina wrote:

"... and therefore unpredictable."

I felt nice and smug watching everyone struggle to make cupcakes. I could never cook like these people do, but I could make a batch of cupcakes in my sleep. How hard is it to pipe frosting? Yeesh.

Oh, and the woman with the little beret (Beth?) reminds me of a Kristen Wiig character. Not really her personality, but something about her look. I keep expecting Target Lady mannerisms from her.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:47 pm 
Nailed to the V

I wanted them to make cakes so bad! Krissi keeps getting compliments from Joe that she cooks like his mother. UM HELLO THAT IS AN HONOR, she's not going anywhere.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:53 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Seriously, the previews for tomorrow night look intense..

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:20 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

alice1drland wrote:
Jordan is my favorite! And agreed, I'm getting annoyed with the token arrogant chef schtick. Last year it was Josh, this year it's Natasha. It's entirely to create some sort of drama for the show so it's not just cooking and judging, but honestly I'd prefer it cordial/drama-free.

I can't remember if it was Chopped or Chopped Champions, but if you can find the episode(s) with Madison Cowan online, the lack of drama is an unparalleled thing of beauty.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next