| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46506 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1459, 1460, 1461, 1462, 1463, 1464, 1465 ... 1861  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:59 pm 
WRETCHED

Mars, how do your roommates feel? I mean everyone moves at various times, not just the first of the month, you'd just have to figure out a pro-rated rent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:53 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

My baby is airborne!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWtPA8v-xeQ

My mom followed the live streaming of the maiden flight, and called me to say she was so proud she "almost felt like [she] became a grandmother today". She's too cute.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:20 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I have this weird sore lump just under my jaw. It's really only sore when I touch it, but I can tell there's something uncomfortable there. It only just started feeling weird after I got home tonight, so I'm not too concerned. It's just annoying and I felt like venting.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:23 pm 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

I am sitting in the library at my school. I finished all my end of year wrap-up stuff and have closed my classroom and handed everything in, so I could have left when I finished at 1:50, but I am staying until 3:00 because that's when voting opens to accept or reject the contract that the district has offered us.

It is an atrociously unacceptable contract, so I want to stick around and vote against it.

I hate this contract SO MUCH that I am just sitting here, on this super uncomfortable chair, killing time for an hour and a half (since I don't have a car, and my school is nowhere interesting, there's nothing else I can really do during this time). This is my dedication.

I really wish I could leave. I am so bored. Blah!

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:38 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

joyfulgirl wrote:
Okay. I'm feeling better about it. Car #1 left early this morning with a couple of friends (the couple whose engagement we're celebrating with this trip) and they were totally into the fun stuff I prepared. Especially the cryptogram:
"To celebrate Tim and Laina's engagement, we're going to Lake George. It's going to be fun as fork and we will swim and play games and toast marshmallows. Hell yes."

Clearly, you should organize every road trip ever.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:43 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

DarthCupcake wrote:
I am sitting in the library at my school. I finished all my end of year wrap-up stuff and have closed my classroom and handed everything in, so I could have left when I finished at 1:50, but I am staying until 3:00 because that's when voting opens to accept or reject the contract that the district has offered us.

It is an atrociously unacceptable contract, so I want to stick around and vote against it.

I hate this contract SO MUCH that I am just sitting here, on this super uncomfortable chair, killing time for an hour and a half (since I don't have a car, and my school is nowhere interesting, there's nothing else I can really do during this time). This is my dedication.

I really wish I could leave. I am so bored. Blah!

What is so bad about it?

The whole process mystifies me a bit because we have no equivalent as at an will state. The school board votes and teachers can make protests there, but have no say or power. It's all really up to the politicians and voters.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:52 pm 
Impressive boner

I feel like I'm about to make some big personal changes, both internally and externally. It feels a bit scary but also good, very much like the Anais Nin quote "“And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom."

Losing a little bit of fear at a time.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:56 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

pandacookie wrote:
Peri wrote:
When I get lazy about making myself a kick asparagus independent woman I read things like this:

Before 1974 women were denied access to credit cards.

How did single women survive in the 70s? The mid-70s??? I thought those were the days of Helen Gurley Brown and Mary Tyler Moore.

There also used to be separate want ads for women. If you were single you were considered an old maid by age 24. The women you mention only came to prominence in the 70s, along with the entire second wave feminists. A lot of the freedoms we have today can be directly tied to their activism. Those were the days of Gloria Steinem, Andrea Dworkin, Shulamith Firestone, Womanhouse, Title IX, NOW, Roe v Wade, Audre Lorde, Robin Morgan, Redstockings, the Lavender Menace, Kate Millet, Our Bodies Ourselves, Ms, Billie Jean King, Susan Brownmiller, Barbara Jordan, Oregon v Rideout, and WAC. Hell yeah.

Preach it, Panda. We only got to here because of the work they did. Marital rape was not a crime in the US of A prior to the mid-70's. Roe vs Wade didn't happen until 1973. Let's think on the fact that an African-American woman did not serve as a US Senator until 1993! We didn't get Shirley Chisholm in the House until about 1970!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:05 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

aelle wrote:
My baby is airborne!!

My mom followed the live streaming of the maiden flight, and called me to say she was so proud she "almost felt like [she] became a grandmother today". She's too cute.

That's amazing, aelle! Congratulations! I'm in total awe!

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:21 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

aelle wrote:
My baby is airborne!!

Whoa! That's incredible! You must be feeling pretty great! Way to go, aelle!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:30 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

Where I live is pretty close to some so-called "seedy" parts of town; but I live a few blocks away, there's lots of big old Victorian homes in my neighbourhood and it's generally quite nice (it actually won best kept Victorian neighbourhood in Canada last year). Anyway, I've always felt quite safe here is the point. We have a garbage bin out back and there's frequently dumpster divers, I chat with them sometimes. Today this guy and I were talking about how we both had come across some used, bloody needles in the parking lot recently. He was saying that most people don't know this but my parking lot is a really popular parking spot for johns and prostitutes in the middle of the night. I want to go out there some night and catch someone dumping their used needles and scold them properly for how gross and unsafe that is. And my city has a really good program for safe needle drops! So what the hell? Do drugs all you want, it's your own life, but please have the decency not to litter needles that are uncapped, used and dangerous in my damn parking lot!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:21 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

paprikapapaya wrote:
Where I live is pretty close to some so-called "seedy" parts of town; but I live a few blocks away, there's lots of big old Victorian homes in my neighbourhood and it's generally quite nice (it actually won best kept Victorian neighbourhood in Canada last year). Anyway, I've always felt quite safe here is the point. We have a garbage bin out back and there's frequently dumpster divers, I chat with them sometimes. Today this guy and I were talking about how we both had come across some used, bloody needles in the parking lot recently. He was saying that most people don't know this but my parking lot is a really popular parking spot for johns and prostitutes in the middle of the night. I want to go out there some night and catch someone dumping their used needles and scold them properly for how gross and unsafe that is. And my city has a really good program for safe needle drops! So what the hell? Do drugs all you want, it's your own life, but please have the decency not to litter needles that are uncapped, used and dangerous in my damn parking lot!

Maybe you could ask for your parking lot to have a community sharps container installed that the needle drop folks could collect, or something? Because that's nasty and there has to be lockable sharps containers available somehow.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:16 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

You guys, if we had $550,000.00, we could have OUR OWN CAROUSEL. Everyone, start playing the lottery right now!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:28 am 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

I baked two batches of cookies tonight and burned them both! Ugh.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:20 am 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

8ball wrote:
I feel like I'm about to make some big personal changes, both internally and externally. It feels a bit scary but also good, very much like the Anais Nin quote "“And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom."

Losing a little bit of fear at a time.

It can be a great feeling,I wish you lots of luck and strength!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:56 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I definitely have a swollen gland, which means I have to take it easy today. So, no 10-mile walks until it gets better! And we've had nice weather all morning! This'll be the second weekend in a row when I haven't done any proper training for my big walk (which is less than 2 months away). Instead of my usual response to things like this (I'm being lazy), I'm turning it round to say I'm taking care of myself.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:57 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Vantine wrote:
Marital rape was not a crime in the US of A prior to the mid-70's.

It wasn't even a crime in the UK until 1991! I honestly can't understand how anyone can say we're in a supposedly post-feminist age or that feminism is no longer relevant when these kinds of basic legal rights have only so recently been gained.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:17 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

Fake parakeet, anyone? I saw this this morning and wondered if maybe this is what Molly really is? (jk)

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:27 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

What the fork? I just read that Calcuhater passed away. I have no other details and I don't want to start a thread and be disrespectful since I don't know anything. I didn't know her as anything other than a badass mod on the forums in my time here the last 5 years, but I know lots of PPKers knew her quite well and loved her. Does anyone have any details?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:38 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Sigh. It's true. I don't really have many details, but I know there will be an official post once the shock wears off.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:47 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I was shocked and saddened to see the same thing, as well.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:52 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I hate cicadas. I really hate them. It hasn't been as bad this year, I guess because we live in the woods so they are spread out instead of in massive clumps around areas where the trees are?

I laughed at my mom for feeling sorry for them. She calls them "poor things" when she sweeps up their red bug eyed corpses.

But now i'm emotionally invested in this stupid cicada. It was outside the big deck window where I'm sitting, wiggling around horribly on it's back. I couldn't take it any longer, so I went outside, walked all the way around and flipped him over with a piece of paper. Now he is still sitting there wiggling his front legs, but he isn't flying away. I want him to go fly away and do happy cicada things for a few more hours!

(ok, he started walking, but he isn't very smart! He keeps falling back into the crack in the deck slats because he seems to walk to walk in a straight line.)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:24 pm 
Wears Pleather Undies

Calcy was one of the reasons I returned to the PPK. I was actually longing for her humor and cracking wise. I never met her, but the sense of loss is still there. She provided an intelligence, integrity, and engaging sense of humor that made many of feel that we had a sister here on the boards.

When I took leave from participating I would look for her posts.

I miss you Calcy, you were a genuine soul that made life on the Net something to treasure.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:02 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Caffeeeeiiinnee! I made frappuccinos and the coffee in them has given me super energy. I'm considering removing some wallpaper while I wait for my muffins to finish baking. Then I'm going for a really long walk and grocery shopping.

This is how coffee makes me feel:

Maybe I need to start having coffee-based smoothies every morning so I can get through work.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:14 am 
WRETCHED

I used to do that but I realized lately I might have to give up caffeine which would suck. Not that I drink a ton but I enjoy it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46506 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1459, 1460, 1461, 1462, 1463, 1464, 1465 ... 1861  Next