| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 578 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mascara
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 12:40 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I got the tarte one, and I'm liking it pretty well so far. At first it was too wet; now it reminds me of the Korres Abyssinia Oil one. So I guess I would call it on the glam side of natural, but not outside of natural, if that makes sense?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:33 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

la vie sale wrote:
Pacifica is coming out with a vegan mascara.

It just came out!

http://www.pacificaperfume.com/eyes/ste ... nova-black

I'm definitely going to try this one soon. It's too soon for any reviews yet, it seems, I googled a bit but couldn't find anything yet.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:40 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Quarantined wrote:
la vie sale wrote:
Pacifica is coming out with a vegan mascara.

It just came out!

I'm definitely going to try this one soon. It's too soon for any reviews yet, it seems, I googled a bit but couldn't find anything yet.

I'm excited that it comes in brown!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:17 pm 

They have some other pretty makeup, too! I think they will be my next splurge.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:43 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I know, it's on my to try list for 2013. So is one of the eye palettes, the one with the gold color. I love Pacifica! They do yearly warehouse sales here right before xmas and they will sell perfumes for $3 each, lotions for a few bucks etc. I got a ridiculous stash last time, enough to last me for a few years but I am for sure going back again this winter! Pacifica hoarders paradise!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:31 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

The eyeshadow palette on the front page looks so great, the one with the teal shadow, but I can't find it anywhere on the site, which is sadness. Is all Pacifica stuff vegan?

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:21 am 

jessilikewhoa wrote:
The eyeshadow palette on the front page looks so great, the one with the teal shadow, but I can't find it anywhere on the site, which is sadness. Is all Pacifica stuff vegan?

I was looking at that, too!

http://www.pacificaperfume.com/face/wanderlust-beauty-set

And it sounds like they are all vegan! http://www.pacificaperfume.com/our-products

I'd been staying away from them because I was like, what is this pearl bullshiitake. Well, apparently it's just mica. http://www.pacificaperfume.com/body-care/coconut-crushed-pearl-luminizing-body-butter-8oz

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:35 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

ndpittman wrote:

I'd been staying away from them because I was like, what is this pearl bullshiitake. Well, apparently it's just mica. http://www.pacificaperfume.com/body-care/coconut-crushed-pearl-luminizing-body-butter-8oz

what, I assumed everything was vegan except the pearl- thanks for pointing this out. This is bad news though as I now want to buy everything. Along with the mascara I'm especially eying the eye palettes and the Radiant Shimmer Coconut Multiples.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:02 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

jessilikewhoa wrote:

I think that Solar palette on the front page, is coming soon but not available yet. I want to get that one as it seems to also have blush and lip colors in it. there's also some eye lining gels that are coming soon, I saw them in an email but not on the site yet.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:51 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Yes everything is vegan by them, I love them.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:22 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I really didn't need to know any of that. My makeup habit makes my wallet cry.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:59 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

i caved and ordered two barry m mascaras last night: the modeling one, and lash vegas. i'm liking the BWC well enough, but apparently now i'm not satisfied unless i keep trying new ones. i'll keep myself busy with these barry ms while you guys test-drive the pacifica. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:45 am 
Chip Strong

Let us know how the lash vegas goes! I have lash modelling at the moment and I really like it, but definitely could use something even more dramatic. If lash vegas turns out to be that, I reckon it'll be my next mascara purchase.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:06 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

So has anybody tried the Pacifica mascara yet?

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:59 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

nope, but it's on sale for three! days! only! so act now:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:28 pm 
Totally sane, not interested in bats whatsoever.

Has anybody tried the Lush mascara? I need to switch to a new mascara (damn you UD!!)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:08 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Quarantined wrote:
Along with the mascara I'm especially eying the... Radiant Shimmer Coconut Multiples.

Noooo don't do it! I got those at Target and hated them so much I gave them away.

I've been collecting mascaras to try lately - I picked up the Pacifica one (also the two eyeshadow quads, they are very nice!), the Manic Panic one, a sample of the Korres one, and... oh, I finished a sample tube of Tarte's Lights, Camera, Lashes. I haven't tried Pacifica or Manic Panic yet, but I didn't really like either of the other ones.

The Korres mascara looked awesome and fluttery but it smudged like literally no other mascara I have ever used. Like I would not touch my face all day and go into the bathroom and find black smudges under my eyes. Pass.

Lights, Camera, Lashes starts out super nice and makes my lashes really long, but unfortunately it flakes pretty badly on me. Also pass. I'm curious as to why their Gifted mascara in the bamboo tube isn't vegan, because I'd love to try it. I went through the ingredients and there's very little in there that's not in LCL, and what is different didn't look non-vegan.

ANYWAY. I should be cracking open the Pacifica one soon - I will be sure to let you guys know how it is!

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:05 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

andi_vert wrote:
Has anybody tried the Lush mascara? I need to switch to a new mascara (damn you UD!!)

I haven't tried it, but i've heard that it's best for people who want a more natural look and not Incredibly Ridiculous Lashes. I am a card carrying member of the IRL fan club.

Amanda, the issue with the Tarte gifted mascara is probably the stearic acid - sometimes it's animal derived and sometimes it's not. Or it might be vegan and they just haven't added it to the page yet, the first time I saw the Tarte vegan page it had about five items on it, so I guess they've been adding things as they confirm that they're vegan.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:25 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

mrsbadmouth wrote:
[Amanda, the issue with the Tarte gifted mascara is probably the stearic acid - sometimes it's animal derived and sometimes it's not. Or it might be vegan and they just haven't added it to the page yet, the first time I saw the Tarte vegan page it had about five items on it, so I guess they've been adding things as they confirm that they're vegan.

I was thinking/hoping the latter, because up until recently there really were only like 4 or 5 things on that page. The thing about the stearic acid is that it's in Lights, Camera, Lashes and it seems so weird to me that a company would use differently-sourced versions of the same ingredient in different products. But when I emailed them about the new BB primer, they told me it wasn't vegan because of the stearic acid, so... I don't even know.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:47 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

i've used the LUSH mascara (and so have a few others; it's either mentioned in this thread or the LUSH thread, so you might find something with a quick search), and i like it okay. it's more natural, like mbm said, but that's cool with me. my bigger issue with it is the insanely short wand (just weird) and the fact that it's in a glass bottle (which i dropped, and now it has a jagged edge on the bottom, yay for me). the mascara itself, though, lasts well and looks nice.

in other news, i got my barry m mascaras today, and i tried lash vegas right away. it's a little wet so i need to get the hang of that, and the wand is unusual (for me), but it definitely has more of a wow factor than the BWC stuff i'd been using daily for the past couple of months. i'll use it for a few more days before giving any more details, in case i change my mind one way or the other...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:27 am 

Jojo sent me some Barry M mascara (the purple tube) and even though it really needs to be pitched, I haven't because it still isn't close to dry. It's not super wet, it's perfect.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:02 am 
Naked Under Apron

I'm in the Ridiculous Lashes club too, so I'll just hang back and wait for Pacifica reviews (thanks guys!). I feel like it's going to be a natural look, but maybe if it's layerable that'll still work out.

I'm curious about the gel eye liner at the top of this page, but I can't find it anywhere: http://www.pacificaperfume.com/eyes The packaging is so pretty! Which I realize is a terrible reason to buy something, but good job on that anyway, Pacifica.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:06 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

I don't think the eyeliner is out yet. The Solar palette was in pictures on the site for a while before it was actually released.

The mascara probably will be natural, but I hold out hope. I feel compelled to try every vegan mascara I can get my hands on because I'm always looking for drag lashes. Go big or go home. Also of course the packaging is gorgeous. I haven't thrown the box that the Supernatural palette came in away, it's so stupid pretty. I do wish that design was translated to the actual palette, though. It's not unattractive, but it's pretty simple in comparison.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:41 am 

For those of you who find Pacifica anything in your Target, can you go to your store locator and tell me if Target shows up at all?

http://www.pacificaperfume.com/store-locator

I put in the max distance and all that comes up is beauty outlets, i'm wondering if it's worth a try to check out Targets in nearby towns whenever i'm there (my Target is tiny and sad).

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:50 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

I've found it at every Target around me, but nothing comes up on the Pacifica store locator thing. Try going to Target's website, searching for Pacifica, and seeing if what you want is in stock near you - I've had better luck with that. Plus the stuff is cheaper at Target than it is on the Pacifica website.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 578 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 24  Next