| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Silk iced latte
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:40 am 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

karichelle wrote:
barbhe53 wrote:
I bought the Silk Latte both flavors and they were delicious on ice. My energy was boosted 10-fold. I drank coffee for 4 decades and always wanted to quit because it made me irritable and tired. Yessss...tired. Well I haven't touched coffee for 2 weeks now and I did not get the migraine headache that coffee addicts get when try to quit coffee. I have more energy than I had for years and I think the drink is delicious.

What is everyone's problem here? Silk latte is a healthy alternative for coffee addicts. Try it.

*scratches head* Um, they do contain coffee...so you haven't quit coffee. Coffee is the first ingredient.

"Healthy" is a stretch too.

Dear Nora: My cat's advice column (really)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:57 am 
Bought A BRAND NEW CAR!

But delicious and caffeinating, that it is. I have a carton right now. mmmmmm.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:00 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I wonder if these will make an appearance in Canada. I drink unsweetened almond milk at home, but for coffee it's soy every time. For some reason I find almond milk in coffee absolutely vile. Anyway, I haven't seen the Silk Latte here yet. I don't like my coffees too sweet, so I probably won't like it straight, but I really want to try it! It's probably amazing blended with ice!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:57 am 
Bought A BRAND NEW CAR!

I tend to mix it with plain soymilk to lower the sweetness and even mix it with coffee that has cooled off.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:47 am 
Nooch of Earl

mrsbadmouth wrote:
Also I would like to take this opportunity to point out that if you live near a Kroger, get yourself a Kroger card. Kroger is good to vegans.

Illinois has Kroger?? Huh. I don't think I've ever seen one.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:08 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

mrsbadmouth wrote:
shiitake is getting real, you guys.

I bought both since they were part of the $4 off 4 deal, I cracked open the vanilla and it tastes a lot better than the Silk vanilla, even though it's not very vanilla-y.

Have you tried the Mocha yet? I Just saw this over the weekend and am waiting for a sale.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:37 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

annak wrote:
mrsbadmouth wrote:
Also I would like to take this opportunity to point out that if you live near a Kroger, get yourself a Kroger card. Kroger is good to vegans.

We have a lot! But it depends on where you go, there are none in Springfield.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:39 pm 
Nailed to the V

mrsbadmouth wrote:
annak wrote:
mrsbadmouth wrote:

We have a lot! But it depends on where you go, there are none in Springfield.

Yup, I live in Illinois and I've seen Krogers, although there are none by me either.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:43 am 

Okay, I cracked up the mocha Almond Breeze...I prefer the Silk, only because this tastes more like coffee and the Silk one tastes like chocolate milk that might have coffee in it. So if you would prefer it to taste less sweet and more coffee-like, you'd like it. Not that i'm not going to drink the whole carton in two days.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:57 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Ohh, that was the review I was hoping for. I saw this at Winn Dixie the other day and was waiting to try it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:22 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I'm planning to get some later tonight if our Kroger has it...I'm out of So Delicious creamer so a stop is necessary.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:10 pm 

Um, so the downside is that the Almond Breeze is absolutely giving me the runs. I wasn't sure, but I didn't drink any yesterday and I was totally fine, and that's the only day since I bought it that I haven't had stomach problems.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:14 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

We've been buying the mocha, but we tried the vanilla this time, and it tastes kind of like medicine.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:08 pm 
Naked Under Apron

Whoa, Almond Breeze has a caramel macchiato flavor! That is now the one I am hunting down.

mrsbadmouth- sorry for the er, side effects. Is it all the caffeine? I mean I have no idea, but I know it can mess with your stomach. I hope it goes away!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:24 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I just bought the caramel macchiato flavor! All I took was a sip because it's ten at night where I am. I liked my little sip.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:43 pm 
WELFARIST!

I've been buying this stuff about once every two days. I'M NOT ADDICTED!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:46 pm 

Amy wrote:
Whoa, Almond Breeze has a caramel macchiato flavor! That is now the one I am hunting down.

mrsbadmouth- sorry for the er, side effects. Is it all the caffeine? I mean I have no idea, but I know it can mess with your stomach. I hope it goes away!

Ugh, there's caramel? That just makes it worse.

I've never had a problem with coffee and my stomach before, so i'm hoping this is a freak occurrence and that I will be able to enjoy caffeinated beverages that taste nothing like coffee in the future.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:48 pm 
Naked Under Apron

I found the Almond Breeze vanilla! Weirdly, not at Whole Foods, but at the little gas station mini-mart down the street from my house. I think I like it. It's super sweet like the Silk though.

I probably won't buy this kind of thing too often, but I neeeed that caramel one.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:13 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

The Almond Breeze upset my stomach a bit. I liked it enough that that won't stop me from buying it again.

It was super expensive though - $6.19! Of course EVERYTHING is ridiculously expensive on the Upper East Side in Manhattan.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:11 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

there's a $1/1 coupon for the almond breeze stuff (expires 30 days after print)
http://azgezu.cpns.cc/

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:01 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I'm going to have to stop buying this stuff. My morning iced lattes have turned into 100+ calories instead of like 50.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:22 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Ooooh, I'd try the Almond Breeze mocha or caramel one. Wonder if we've got these yet...I did notice the Silk ones the other day, but didn't pick one up. Judging from mbm's review, I would prefer the almond.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:00 pm 
Nooch of Earl

Amy wrote:
I forgot how much this thread made me laugh, especially mbm's Steve Martin reference.

Can I go a little OT for a sec? Has anyone had the Califia Farms almond milk iced coffee drinks? I'm wondering how they compare with Silk's. I've had the Silk vanilla, and I thought it was ok but too sweet. I haven't seen the Califia ones yet, but I just saw their almond milk for the first time last week, so I'm hopeful! (http://www.califiafarms.com/)

I just noticed the coupon for a Califia milk in the vegan cuts box! I don't normally pay much attention to the wad o' paper because 50c off isn't going to sway me to buy a product, but free? Sure. My whole foods has the almond milk, I don't think I've seen coffee but I'll try to get that one if I can. Though I do hate that whenever there's some new thing it edges out the old. (If So Delicious introduces coffee coconut milk next month and then suddenly that's all everyone stocks, I will quit. QUIT!)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:41 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I think the iced coffees are individual size rather than a big container.

I bought two Almond Breeze caramel macchiato ones today. I'm addicted. I justify because it's still cheaper hand buying a latte at a coffee shop every day.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:44 pm 

I don't know where you guys shop, but at Kroger the cold Silk and Almond Breeze drinks go on sale all the time and you can almost always find a coupon. I try to only buy them when that happens and I usually pay $2-3 (and sometimes $1 if i'm near a Target that's better than mine) instead of the $4.50 that it normally costs.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next