| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3625 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129 ... 145  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Crush Thread
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:43 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Mars wrote:
Also, he was wearing a tank top.

Do I need to describe how much I love guys in tanks or is it pretty self-explanetory? Ya'll feel me.

I feel you bro, I feel you.

I also feel enui because I want someone viable (basically, a living, breathing person who I am attracted to, who is not WAY TOO YOUNG for me, and does not have recent history if treating partners badly) to have a crush on me. And to TELL me they have a crush on me. I'm in a bit of polyagony because my partner and a friend are probably starting to date and, boo-hoo, I want a reciprocated crush. Damn it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:20 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Soooo ReCrush guy came over for a quick second because I said I would help him figure out something with his iPod since his computer is dead, and my dog is in love with him. Omg it was SO CUTE. She was going NUTS over him, and she's normally a grump/total bisque. And when he went to leave, grabbed his bag... she started CRYING. It was so forking cute. And he said "she must associate me with fun things now, we'll have to do something fun when I get back!" (He's going away for about two weeks).

She's only done something fun with him like twice I think? It usually takes her much longer to get excited about someone. :}

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:17 pm 
Bought A BRAND NEW CAR!

I might could be getting a crush on my most recent date!
She's really funny! And nice! And we can talk smack about each other in a playful manner! And she got my allusion to twenty sided die.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:25 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

I'm going on a date this afternoon! with the ickle kid (okay, he's two years younger than me...but I've never dated anyone less than two years older! It'll be new! exciting! different!) and I'm very excited!

yay lycophyte!

That's adorable, Mars. I love when animals get all attached and excited to people you like. It makes the decision feel right.

The Oxford Imposition: http://theoxfordimposition.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:06 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Mars wrote:
Also, he was wearing a tank top.

Do I need to describe how much I love guys in tanks or is it pretty self-explanetory? Ya'll feel me.

Self-explanatory!

Also: you guys this weekend I went hiking a little and swimming with crush/person I am seeing kind of/whatever and eeee. Super fun. Also lots of makeouts. Makeouts are the best.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:08 am 
Level 7 Vegan

yaay kilgore! hiking, swimming, and makeouts? best kind of weekend.

My date went well...it was just really strange for me when I started thinking about him being younger, but it only happened twice. So I'm excited to see him again.

The Oxford Imposition: http://theoxfordimposition.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:28 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

This thread makes me smile.

Also, yay for crooked teeth, because SMILE.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:49 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

the bad: in the spring i totally fell hard for a friend, and i thought the feelings were mutual. then it turned out they weren't, which was crushing, but also made me re-evaluate everything. i basically came to the conclusion that i had misread or misinterpreted almost every physical interaction or conversation we had ever had-- which made me feel totally nuts. anyway, he lives pretty far away, so i've been able to take a step back and distance myself from the pain and confusion of it all. then, he called me tonight. i didn't pick up... but now i need to call him back. oof.

the good: i pretty recently started a new job, and have a super crush on one of my co-workers. i don't know if i'd ever actually want to date him (i doubt we have much in common. plus i think he's probably 10 years younger than me), but he makes me all nervous and excited at work, which is fun!

Dear Nora: My cat's advice column (really)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:37 pm 

takecare wrote:
the good: i pretty recently started a new job, and have a super crush on one of my co-workers. i don't know if i'd ever actually want to date him (i doubt we have much in common. plus i think he's probably 10 years younger than me), but he makes me all nervous and excited at work, which is fun!

As someone who's 26 and can't help but basically be exclusively attracted to people in their mid thirties/forties... I urge people to not judge us by our age too much! We deserve people we're attracted to, too!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:57 pm 

Mars wrote:
takecare wrote:

As someone who's 26 and can't help but basically be exclusively attracted to people in their mid thirties/forties... I urge people to not judge us by our age too much! We deserve people we're attracted to, too!

oh, i know. and truthfully, i'd totally make out with this guy and stuff. but i'm definitely on life-partner/baby track, and 24 year olds in that mindset are few and far between. i'm not saying they don't exist-- and maybe this dude is one-- but it seems unlikely. and i'm just not in a place that i want to dabble with relationships that don't have the potential to go where i want/need them to go.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:59 pm 

Ah, totez

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:32 pm 

Oh man, so this dude I have a crush on sent me a FB message last night after I had gone to bed, asking if I wanted to hang out tonight!!! Problem is... I didn't see it until 8PM tonight!!!! Argh. I just had a crazy work day both yesterday and today so I was just basically chill in myself out before I went on the computer. Bah.

It's annoying because I was SO set for a nice relaxing evening with my beer and I wasn't remotely in my hamster-wheel of obsessing about boys headspace... but now I'm going to be constantly wondering if he'll get my message and if we'll still be able to hang out even though its so late. BOO.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:26 pm 

He got back to me. :) ACK WHY DO I GET SO EXCITED ABOUT CUTE BOYS. CALM DOWN, ME!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:26 pm 
Bought A BRAND NEW CAR!

Haha, cute boys, damn them!

Yeah, I'm still crushing. I think she's crushing on me (errr there was something about booby handling rating to be done when I finish school, so probs not even grey area).

But we are both in no-head-for-dating. So we shall see.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:26 pm 

So, I have this work crush who makes me SO INSANELY AWKWARD. I don't get it. I'm usually not this awkward around people-- even when I have crushes. I'm usually really confident and its generally easy for me to have conversations with people I'm into. But, man.

A few weeks ago I introduced myself to him in possibly the most awkward way ever. Then later, when someone (who didn't know I had introduced myself to him already) tried to introduce him and he was just like "Yea. We met." and laughed because we both knew it had been such an awkward interaction.

I have seen him a lot since then, and we've said hi to each other in passing and stuff. But finally today I tried to initiate a small-talk conversation with him... and totally failed at it. I don't know what's wrong with me-- but he turns me into a pile of awkward weirdness. So, today was just so SO WEIRD. He seriously must think I'm such a weirdo.

Ugh.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:38 pm 

takecare wrote:
So, I have this work crush who makes me SO INSANELY AWKWARD. I don't get it. I'm usually not this awkward around people-- even when I have crushes. I'm usually really confident and its generally easy for me to have conversations with people I'm into. But, man.

A few weeks ago I introduced myself to him in possibly the most awkward way ever. Then later, when someone (who didn't know I had introduced myself to him already) tried to introduce him and he was just like "Yea. We met." and laughed because we both knew it had been such an awkward interaction.

I have seen him a lot since then, and we've said hi to each other in passing and stuff. But finally today I tried to initiate a small-talk conversation with him... and totally failed at it. I don't know what's wrong with me-- but he turns me into a pile of awkward weirdness. So, today was just so SO WEIRD. He seriously must think I'm such a weirdo.

Ugh.

This is exactly me with m work-crush. Like... you want an example? Well today I was cleaning something and when he walked by he stopped to say hello, and since I was feeling suddenly SO AWKWARD and didn't know what to say, I asked him to smell the thing I was cleaning.

Yep.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:43 pm 

PS

The guy I was talking about last couple posts ago, with the FB messaging... well, Ima officially give him a PPKrush name because he's an official crush. He (yes, really) rides a (yeah, I'm totally about to say it) motorcycle (yep, a frakking motorcycle), so I'm going to call him motorcycle crush.

So that night I posted about the message, we went and had a drink at a local bar. Nothing other than drinking and chatting but yap yap, he's so delicious on the eyes and ears.

I got home from work today to see a FB message where the first sentence was... "I really enjoy your company" !!! Good sign... IMO!!

Last edited by Mars on Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:44 pm 

Mars wrote:
takecare wrote:

Ugh.

This is exactly me with m work-crush. Like... you want an example? Well today I was cleaning something and when he walked by he stopped to say hello, and since I was feeling suddenly SO AWKWARD and didn't know what to say, I asked him to smell the thing I was cleaning.

Yep.

HAHAHA I love that. :)

I think what makes my interactions over-the-top awkward is that once things start feeling awkward, I literally just turn around and walk away... regardless if we are mid-convo or whatever. Why do I do that?! It makes no sense! Like 5 seconds later I'm like "Wait. Why am I walking away?? OHMYGOD I'M SO AWKWARD!!!"

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:37 pm 
Bought A BRAND NEW CAR!

So, in the very least I will get some snugglies and sexies at some point with crushgirl. I will do as Mars does and give her a name, I'll say comedycrush because she is funny. Anyway, I have convinced comedycrush to help me with my thesis stuff to make up for all the distracting she has been doing. So homework date and she will be formatting my thesis! Something I've been worried about having the time to do! Maybe even making some tables for me. YAY. Date and help. I do like the service component I guess (from the other thread).

anyhooo, sexyflirtieseeeee.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:49 am 
Inflexitarian

Either I have a renewed crush on a several-year platonic acquaintance, or I'm just tired and feeling bored with my social life. Yeah, probably the latter things. Either way, this thought in the back of my head can fork right off.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:55 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Drossie wrote:
Either I have a renewed crush on a several-year platonic acquaintance, or I'm just tired and feeling bored with my social life. Yeah, probably the latter things. Either way, this thought in the back of my head can fork right off.

Good luck! I've been telling the thought in the back of my head to fork right off since January or February. It's still there, threatening to take over more space.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:38 am 
Inflexitarian

Phoenix wrote:
Drossie wrote:

Good luck! I've been telling the thought in the back of my head to fork right off since January or February. It's still there, threatening to take over more space.

Ah yes. The human brain is a wonderful thing. And by wonderful I mean stupid - very, very stupid.

Good luck with yours...!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:13 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Oh! I like this thread. I currently have two crushes at the moment-the guy I'm about to see on Tuesday for a drink and general nerding out about music.
And the guy that gave me a good night kiss from a date we had the other night. I'm 26, he's 30 and he's busy so makes me want him more. But that kiss...ugh, that kiss. I could kiss him forever. The kind of sensual kiss that makes you say "dayum".

Now go eat some vegan food and don't complain about the world.
-Claire Galant, T.O.F.U Magazine

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:54 pm 
Inflexitarian

Drossie wrote:
Phoenix wrote:

Ah yes. The human brain is a wonderful thing. And by wonderful I mean stupid - very, very stupid.
Good luck with yours...!

Oh hey, now I'm half-arsedly acting on it, like my eighteen-year-old self. Goes with the territory, I guess.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:37 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Drossie wrote:
Drossie wrote:
Phoenix wrote:

Good luck with yours...!

Oh hey, now I'm half-arsedly acting on it, like my eighteen-year-old self. Goes with the territory, I guess.

Good luck to you too! (I can't act on mine as long as I don't know more and/or things change somewhat...)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3625 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129 ... 145  Next