| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 496, 497, 498, 499, 500, 501, 502 ... 617  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:51 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Awful on many levels joshua. I hope the police are staking out your place and manage to catch him. Iall the while he's in custody you will hopefully feel safer.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:09 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

oh Joshua, I am sorry. It sounds scary and sad and confusing. I hope it is sorted out sooner rather than later, and that your friend will be okay.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:32 pm 
Semen Strong

I am so sorry Josh. How is your friend doing? Did they catch her assailant?

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:00 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Thinking of you, Joshua! If there's a way I might be able to help, please PM me!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:25 pm 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

welp, nothing reaaaally to report. today is much calmer (I'm rested, yay!) and I have a battleplan at least until Wednesday, so I at least have that stability.

I sorted a new (temporary) home for her snakes today and dropped them off. the feline beasts are under control (two staying with me, two are going elsewhere).

she's in the process of getting a restraining order that covers the apartment (she's not there obviously), which is good as it's grounds for arrest if he shows up there at all. the police are patrolling the apartment/street (they rolled past when I was there, but didn't stop, so it makes me wonder if they even saw me). she's in a safe place for now far away from town, but she literally left with only the clothes on her back, so that's gotta be super hard for her.

all things considered, it's as good as can be :) the hard part that I still have to work out is: when is it safe for me to return, if police aren't able to catch him? will he realise she's gone and leave me/the apartment alone? will he want to try to get details from me? (not that I really have anything to tell him - I intentionally don't want to know. other people further removed from the situation are helping her, and all I need to know is that she's safe)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:53 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Wow. That's really awful. I hope the police stay on top of this until the find him.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:05 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Oh, goodness, Joshua. I hope things improve...and that you stay safe. Much love

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:38 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

Joshua, I haaate to be "that person," but from my own personal recent experiences, you should have a contingency if he shows up and the cops don't respond as quickly as they should. I recently had to take out a civil harrassment order (like an RO but for someone with whom you don't have a relationship/to whom you are not related) against a former client who was making harrassing phone calls to my work. We're talking 300 calls in an hour. I was very fortunate in that this person was severely disabled and was incapable of coming to my location and physically harming me, but the reaction times and general attitude of the police every time I called to report a violation of my CHO was very worrying, to say the least.

I truly hope it's different where you live, and I hope the severity of the incident means the cops will take it way more seriously if this guy violates the restraining order. Also I think this is the kind of thing that would justify a 911 call, whereas I was just calling dispatch. I truly wish you and your roommate the best of luck.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:42 pm 
Impressive boner

I've been under the weather for about six months, had heart and blood tests but nothing is showing up. I saw the doctor again today about it all and she's sent me away with another blood test slip for things we've already ruled out and some patronizing advice on things I've already thought of and am doing, ending with 'low mood can make you tired, and life is a balancing act'. I don't think being tired all the time and drinking two gallons of fluid in a day is part of a balancing act.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:49 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Ugh, Joshua, I hope it all works out as calmly as possible. My sister had a casual boyfriend who she let crash at her place for too long, then couldn't get rid of, then he became abusive...she called the police one night and the police wouldn't remove him because they said he had a right to be in the apartment since that was his home, even though he of course wasn't on the lease, never paid rent. It was a nightmare. She finally just moved when he was out of town a couple days. I hope you don't have to move!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:47 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

It's my birthday and I'm so sad and depressed about being laid off...and that's just exacerbated by the fact that I should be happy today.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:24 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Um. I read this thingy on the inter webs that said it's now illegal in the UK for trans people to have sex without disclosing their birth gender. UM. WUT. This is the article that was linked and I feel like I'd want more info before making a specific thread in the parlor for this, feel free to make one if you find more info. Regardless of wether or not this kind of thing will apply to more than just this one case or not though... is FORKED. UP. Like... mind forking blowing.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:44 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

My cat was sick this morning and it just kind of put my whole day in a funk. He always gets sick when my husband goes out of town for some reason.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:11 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

paprikapapaya wrote:
It's my birthday and I'm so sad and depressed about being laid off...and that's just exacerbated by the fact that I should be happy today.

I'm sorry. Don't feel bad about not feeling happy. That just adds extra misery--you feel how you feel!

I hope your birthday is (was?) a nice day!

You'll find something new that is fantabulous and they will respect and value you as they ought. I'm sure of it!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:32 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

saw my boyfriend arguing with someone on FB who wrote this:
"No, I'm not disgusting, I just have a strong verbal aversion and hatred for anything and everything to do with that murdering, anti-American, MUSLIM barry HUESEIN... he is NOT MY president, and if you support him, you are disgusting, and BTW, he does have purple lips!!! He's a maggot!!!"

people are horrible.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:04 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Why would you bother arguing with a deranged person online?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:01 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

So much hate on Facebook.

I had hand surgery earlier this year after a really bad cat bite. It was preapproved yet today I received a $13,000 bill. I freaked out of course. I called my HMO and apparently it's because the doctor's office didn't use the correct code so hopefully it's going to be resolved, and soon and before it negatively effects my credit.

I also got denied more physical therapy even though I haven't regained full use of the hand and probably won't now.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:12 am 
Chip Strong

Mars wrote:
Um. I read this thingy on the inter webs that said it's now illegal in the UK for trans people to have sex without disclosing their birth gender. UM. WUT. This is the article that was linked and I feel like I'd want more info before making a specific thread in the parlor for this, feel free to make one if you find more info. Regardless of wether or not this kind of thing will apply to more than just this one case or not though... is FORKED. UP. Like... mind forking blowing.

It's a little more complicated than that, although I agree it's a bit forked up, not least because the Court of Appeal doesn't seem to understand trans* issues very well. A detailed analysis of the court decision can be found here: http://zoerobinson.com/2013/06/28/the-m ... ns-people/

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:14 am 

paprikapapaya wrote:

Don't feel bad about feeling bad! You've had some rough shiitake happen.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:49 am 

PPP, belated happy birthday, I hope things improve soon...the PPK loves you!

I saw a bird get hit by a car and he was maimed and laying in the road so I was trying to figure out who to call. A city employee came on a scooter thing and said he knew who to call and had a box he could put the little guy in, but I am worried they're just going to kill him I stead of getting him to someone who can help...I feel so guilty I didn't have the bird rescue place's number or the humane society or anything so I couldn't help...poor bird, I hope he will be okay...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:54 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Pantry sorting day. We waste too much food because we forget what we have. Ugh.

So, I got an iPhone app that syncs so mom and I can always have an inventory current when we go shopping or meal plan. It looks things up from barcodes; pretty nifty.

Dad is going to rebuild some of the shelves to organize better, so they went out to get supplies, and I'm finishing the inventory and now I'm in so much pain, legs are numb, and can't do anything else, just because I did this stupid, simple crepe for an hour. What really did it was just standing for 20 minutes and bending/reaching in to do the little pantry downstairs.

It took me almost a week to recover from similar at graduation. Pain med doesn't help with the deep bone/nerve pain and muscle relaxers don't help over much since this isn't muscle pain.

At least I finished most of this, but I hate being so totally worthless.

ETA: why the fork do I have 7 cans of coconut milk? I must buy every can I see on sale. I've got 4 regular and 3 light. I don't really like curries. What the hell do I do with it all? Expiry are all ok, so some will last for pumpkin pi rad whip, but the rest are just taking up space. Ridiculous. I also have 4 bags of dried black eyed peas and 8 cans. I buy (and go through) the cans regularly making fritters, but I need to use the dried.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:01 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

To finish off my stupid pity party: nobody is sending me candy crush level tokens.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:27 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

You can send all of your unwanted coconut milk to me. Also, you like smoothies, right? Put some in those. Sorry you're in so much pain, though :(

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:56 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Ooh, ice cream?

After this clean out, maybe I'll finally have freezer save to inaugurate my ice cream maker! I've got lots of pistachios too.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:05 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Stepping on the scale and realizing I've gained 20lbs in 6 weeks. The upside is that I immediately got a workout in & made a trip by bike to the farmers' market for fruits and vegs.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 496, 497, 498, 499, 500, 501, 502 ... 617  Next