| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16076 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 497, 498, 499, 500, 501, 502, 503 ... 644  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:09 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

My 90-year-old grandmother's health has gone precipitously downhill in the last few weeks--enough so that they're moving her from a retirement community into assisted living. Her back has almost completely given out, and she's in so much pain, and has to take such high doses of painkillers to combat it, that she can't take care of herself.

And in more self-centered occurrences, I have a summer cold and it's making me SO GRUMPY.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:50 am 
Married to the wolfman

Today is the first of my only 3 paid days off all summer. I commute over 4 hours a day 5 days a week, so pretty much all I do on weekdays is commute, work, and get ready (pack my bag etc) to commute again. These 3 days off are largely what have been keeping me going, and even though every plan I've tried to make for them has fallen through, I was still excited to spend today biking and hiking by myself somewhere close to home.

Then instead my younger son got sick (starting with puking in my hair). So instead, now I will be spending at least today home with a sick baby.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:57 am 
Tofu Pup

coldandsleepy wrote:
Today is the first of my only 3 paid days off all summer. I commute over 4 hours a day 5 days a week, so pretty much all I do on weekdays is commute, work, and get ready (pack my bag etc) to commute again. These 3 days off are largely what have been keeping me going, and even though every plan I've tried to make for them has fallen through, I was still excited to spend today biking and hiking by myself somewhere close to home.

Then instead my younger son got sick (starting with puking in my hair). So instead, now I will be spending at least today home with a sick baby.

Oh that is so disappointing! I hope your son feels better soon and part of your vacation can be salvaged.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:07 pm 
Semen Strong

Ugh, I feel you C&S! I woke up with L throwing up all over me which was the lowlight of my day.

I made us congee/jook (using this recipe: http://calmmindbusybody.com/congee/) in the slowcooker in the hopes that it will make her feel a bit more settled. And OMG being trapped inside with a sick baby is the worst. We aren't going anywhere so as not to expose others to what she has, but that means that my living room looks like Toys R Us barfed all over it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:20 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

This is not bad compared to everyone else's worst things, but I have an absolutely stinking cold.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:48 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

I got a missed call from the dream job I interviewed for a few weeks ago. The message just said to give them a call because they'd like to speak to me. I let myself get my hopes up for just a minute - I was so sure I'd gotten the job. And then I called back, and they said thanks, but they decided to go with another candidate. I legit started sobbing my eyes out in the bathroom at work. I hate my job so much and I've been looking for another one for so long, and I just feel so incredibly defeated.

Coldandsleepy, FOUR HOURS A DAY? Yeesh, now I feel like a jerk for complaining about my job!

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:25 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Hugs amanda. I'm so sorry.

Had 2 separate invites for the 4th, and now both have retracted their invites (one having car troubles and staying at boyfriend's, other deciding to just relax alone with her boyfriend). Now I get to spend the 4th alone. I'm really regretting my life decisions. This wouldn't be happening if I had stayed in CO.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:36 pm 
Just Loathin' Around!

What what? You posted about how much you hated living in CO and weren't happy there. Are you looking into therapy and getting help where you are now? You won't be happy anywhere as long as you remain unhappy with yourself.

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:39 pm 

pandacookie wrote:
What what? You posted about how much you hated living in CO and weren't happy there. Are you looking into therapy and getting help where you are now? You won't be happy anywhere as long as you remain unhappy with yourself.

No, I wasn't happy there. But I'd at least be spending the 4th with my ex-bf and his family instead of being completely alone. Being alone (esp on a holiday when everyone around you is celebrating with others) sucks. Reminds me of how completely alone I really am.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:47 pm 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

SD, you know we all want nothing but good and happy things for you, but it's starting to sound like you need more help than the internet hugz the PPK is capable of giving. I know you've talked about speaking with a therapist, and I'd just like to say that I hope you're still doing that, and I hope you're saying the things to your therapist that you're saying here. The things you say, particularly about your douchetastic ex, make me worried about you, and it doesn't seem like any of the good advice and support here is helping, so please, please make sure you're getting some help in real life.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:49 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Fourth of July is a bad day for me and my boyfriend. Both of us lost our mothers on it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:06 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Yeah, the Fourth sucks for a lot of people; for me, I have to spend the entire night at home comforting my dog while she FREAKS out. It's super stressful and scary, really. Melatonin helps a bit but I actually worry about her health the stress is so intense. :( So, Scooter, we shall all co-miserate over our terrible Fourths.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:38 pm 
Semen Strong

I second the hope that you're able to work through some of those feelings of loneliness in therapy SD. I've been through plenty of July 4ths (and birthdays, holidays) alone, and alone really doesn't have to be lonely. Sending many good thoughts.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:46 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Mars wrote:
Yeah, the Fourth sucks for a lot of people; for me, I have to spend the entire night at home comforting my dog while she FREAKS out. It's super stressful and scary, really. Melatonin helps a bit but I actually worry about her health the stress is so intense. :( So, Scooter, we shall all co-miserate over our terrible Fourths.

Same. The birds really get upset. They have fireworks over the lake where we live, plus people buy fireworks, so it goes on most of the evening here. Molly doesn't get as upset as the macaw, but the macaw is a mess. His little face turns red from stress. My parents will probably go watch the fireworks if I stay for the birds.

That gives me an idea: I should bake some banana bread tomorrow as a special treat. That is pretty much the macaw's favorite thing ever and he enjoys the whole process. He practically falls off his perch trying to keep an eye on the kitchen while it's baking.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:50 pm 
Semen Strong

That sounds so sweet LW! I'd love to see video of happy macawtimes!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:52 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

See my avatar? That's the only view possible if he sees a camera. No fun at all.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:13 pm 
Nooch of Earl

Last year the city of San Diego accidentally fired off all their fireworks at the same time. We'd driven up to the base to watch over at the city to see them, so that was kind of a what the fizzle moment, but I bet the people with skittish pets were happy!!

Of course there's still all the individual things people shoot off, which are so annoying. I am always terrified that fireworks will wake up the baby (and we're just across the highway from the Chargers stadium, so we can hear those loudly here.)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:41 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Came home to a later from my Dk bank (which account I closed over 2 years ago) saying that the account is overdrawn by over 1000dkk since my Dk mobile phone carrier has continued to withdraw monthly bills (even though I closed that account at the same time as the bank account, also over 2 years ago). seriously guys? .... seriously? Ugh.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:44 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

So of course this means that my mind is already flashing ahead to all of the disasters which will happen when I have to cancel multiple accounts and insurances when I leave NL two ("two") years from now. (Come on telia.dk, start your live chat faster!)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:47 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

And the one thread of hope I had to be able to do freelance work from home for 3M is shot. Despite all the praise, letters of recommendation, and all of that, forking HEAD COUNT. Head forking count. I couldn't have done more to earn a forking spot here, I have worked my asparagus off, and it comes down to the fact that they seriously didn't make enough BILLIONS. And the need for my job will continue to exist, but my co-workers who are already busy will have to do it. I shouldn't have still been on contract anyway, by their own rules there is a 2 year cap and I was at 4 years. I should've been hired a long time ago and not be susceptible to this "difficult" fiscal quarter. And by difficult, it literally means that they missed their target by a smidgen - they still made millions and millions. And the work I do is in the wind. I have so many people who want to work ONLY with me, and who have tried everything they could do to help reverse this STUPID decision, but nothing has helped. I have even worked 2 full-time jobs for the last year and a half here, graphic designer AND photographer, and was promised it would help me get hired. Bull forking shiitake. I am so forking hurt that this has turned out this way, I pegged all my hopes and dreams on being able to FINALLY secure some semblance of a safe future for us.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:43 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

despite shoving massive amounts of food into my face this weekend, i've lost more weight.
i'm sleeping so much (4 hour naps after breakfast), and this makes me feel lazy and unable to eat because i'm not being active and burning calories.
my partner is mad at me because i'm not better RIGHT NOW. he doesn't understand that it's not a matter of 'just eat'; i have a disease, and it's going to take time to get better. he won't even acknowledge the positive things i'm doing, because they're small (like having both a cookie and a latte for a snack); he doesn't realize how HUGE these 'small' things are to me. he says i'm not acknowledging how he feels, but i do; i know this is incredibly difficult and painful for him, but he's not allowed to impose his expectations of my recovery on me.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:01 pm 
Impressive boner

There's another rat in the house.

A few weeks ago there was a small one in our front room that we caught and released outside.

Today I was lying on the sofa watching anime and saw the shadow of four tiny paws and a tail walk past the other side of the kitchen door. We've cleaned everything, sealed away our bags of grains/flours/etc in plastic boxes, baited a humane trap (like a giant humane mouse trap) and sealed off the kitchen as much as we can. I'm taking emergency leave tomorrow so I can get the council's environmental health agent to come round and help.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:55 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

Stuck at home on the 4th thanks to a toddler with the runs. Husband and eldest daughter are out celebrating with friends. Boo.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:51 pm 

My mom was just diagnosed with mixed connective tissue disease. Now I'm reading all about it and imagining worst case scenarios.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:10 pm 
Lubes With Earth Balance

I'm sorry, strawberryrock. Unfortunately, I can relate.

My dad just found out that he has a rare and giant cancerous tumor in his abdomen and he is going to have a big giant surgery in a couple of weeks. The surgery is going to be 10 hours long!
I am nervous, I love him a lot.

(santa cruz people, he's a little shy about it, so just be discreet and try not to spread the news too far and wide - xo)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16076 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 497, 498, 499, 500, 501, 502, 503 ... 644  Next