| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2522 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83 ... 101  Next
 Post subject: Re: Baby & Kid Updates Thread
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:51 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

BabyPunk is finally normal newborn size!!!!! huzzah! ;-)

she had her 2 month appt this mornng and weighed in at a chunktastic 8 lbs 2 oz which is exactly what i was as a newborn i think (either that or 8 lbs even)
my pedi is very pleased with her growth!

they called early intervention about her infant torticollis (sp?) and i was so concerned with dealin with her first vax shots that i forgot to ask them what the outcome was. guess i have to follow up on that.

otherwise she is doing great.

the pedi did seem interested in her eyes and kept trying to get her to follow a light and she didnt seem to want to do that. she kept saying "hmm" but never realy said anything to me. i know she can see because she reacts to things and smiles and looks at stuff so maybe she's just developing a bit late. she also had the hiccups so was pissed about that and maybe not wanting to follow a light :-P

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:58 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Nice milk-making, LP! And my full-term kiddo was only 7 lbs even at birth, so BabyPunk is doing even better than you think!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:46 pm 
Married to the wolfman

M continues to learn new words at a startling pace. One really funny thing I've observed is that the Emperor has this magical ability to teach him new words almost instantly. And E has noticed this too, so he'll grab his brother and be like, "say (whatever). say (whatever). say (whatever)." until M says it.

So he now knows some great words like "bottom" (as in butt), "poop", and "no no no". Thanks E!

He is also obsessed with this board book about animals in the ocean, so some of his favorite words now are OCTO, CRAAAAB!, EEL, FISHHHHHH, and SHAR(k). He got so excited when we visited a slough recently (wildlife preserve thing) and we saw a ton of hermit-y crabs... he couldn't stop shouting CRAAB CRAAB CRAAB CRAAB and flapping his little arms.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:08 pm 
***LIES!!!***

C&S - my husband taught Malka the words "manatee" and "sea-cow" recently - these kids know some really weird words!

Malka is now officially speaking in full sentences of 3-5 words like, all the time. Many of those sentences are on the model of, "No, that's my X!" It is super weird.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:25 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Poop is one of Henry's few words, it's usually accompanied by grabbing his diaper and a lot of times he actually does have a poop! He calls me and mr bap Mama but can say Papa, I think he just likes the reaction he gets by calling Adam Mama. He still uses way more signs than words, but has started imitating a lot of sounds in the past week or so.
My big update though, is that I gave him a little dipping bowl with nooch in it with dinner tonight, and he sprinkled the whole thing very carefully over his pasta, licked it off his fingers and then asked for more! What a little vegan <3

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:27 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

oh man, babypunk is beautiful, and that's so great she's putting on weight so well! She'll be giving you an arm workout carrying her around all day before you know it!

Henry sprinkling nooch sounds too adorable!

I can't believe it, but my gorgeous girl was six months old this week!
She's pretty excited about it, too!

She's such a happy, active, observant, curious wee thing, and I love her more every day. She roams around the lounge leaving a trail of conquered toys in her wake, loves to hold on to my face and 'kiss'/slobber all over me, she's loving her first tastes of food, and smells like heaven on earth. I feel lucky and blessed every single day, to have her in my life.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:36 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

Ahhhh Happy 6 months Westiebaby! I think you were the first ppk baby I was anticipating the arrival of after I started visiting the playground forum so I love reading your updates!!?

<3

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:53 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

oncewerewesties wrote:
I feel lucky and blessed every single day, to have her in my life.

<3

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:20 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Zephyr turned one yesterday. Hooray! (Pictures of cake and baby here.

He is walking, babbling, dancing, playing, and being the light of our lives every day. He is such a fun little boy to spend time with! Z loves making silly faces and making everyone laugh, he loves clapping, high-fiving, playing peekaboo, and bouncing in his stroller (to try to make it go faster). People say a baby is a bundle of joy, and he really embodies that expression. Love him so much!

Here he is on his birthday, in the shade at the playground (which is now fun for him, because he walks and climbs and crawls all over!)
happy boy. by sleepy kristy, on Flickr

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:27 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Happy Birthday Z! Also, he looks a lot like the Emperor, yeah?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:21 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

i think so too, refinnej!

lydia cracks me up. she's almost 8 months old, and just the goofiest, happiest, silliest baby i've ever met. people stop in the street to comment on it. she gets REALLY mad, for like 1 minute, and then back to silly happy. i don't think she actually cried at all today, even once, and she's even cutting her top teeth.

tzipi is... hmm... interesting, these days. she has developed her bilingualism to another level lately and can translate ideas between french and english fairly easily. we had a whole conversation about how dairy made her tummy feel bad and she should probably stop eating it (i'd started letting her have it at daycare, then when she was with her grandparents and it ended up being a little over the top with the cheese and icecream and yogurt and more cheese) and she came home the next day and told me she told her daycare teacher that she didn't want to eat dairy any more because it made her sick. and it wasn't until she was recounting the story to my husband that i realized she was telling him word for word but in french. so that's kind of cool. she's mega-challenging, but mega-cool.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:38 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I got Raygold to read a book out loud today! I knew he could read, but I wasn't able to get him to read much out loud to me before (he reads, but not on command). We've all agreed to spend the whole day reading tomorrow. Beet & Raygold LOVE baby Vax so much, I can read to all 3 of them and then B&R & I can all coo over Vax.

BTW, Vax is the most chill baby I've ever had. He's not chill by normal baby standards, but I can actually put him down for more than a few minutes sometimes. Also, he sleeps for more than an hour at a time. WIN.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:29 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

Happy birfday Z!!!! You are so super cute!!

Tzipi speaking in French is so cool!!

I think that is so awesome that Beet & Ray are so into Vax!!! 3 amigo bros!

BabyPunk is 10 weeks today & were at my inlaws for the holiday weekend. She's cooing a lot and smiling. We had a 10 mins cooing conversation the other day. She has figured out how to hold a toy if you put it in her hands and then she whacks herself in the face trying to get it towards her mouth.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:47 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Everyone is getting so big and accomplished! yay kiddos!

And especially happy (mini) birthday to westiebaby and Zeph!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:12 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Giles had his 1 year appointment - He is 32 inches tall and 25.8 lbs (I add the .8 because I am SURE it makes a difference when I lug him around). He took his first steps yesterday...3 steps to wrest the X-box controller from my hands. He also impressed the pediatrician by doing all sorts of mirroring actions with her after we told her our concern that he wouldn't mirror/immitate us - the little rat. (seriously he has NEVER waved, pointed at anything particular, shook his head if I shook mine - and he did it all for her - she is a baby whisperer). Anyway - happy, healthy visit!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:15 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Yay, Giles! That's great. First steps already! (Zeph loves to grab X-box controllers too. Somehow they always know, eh?)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:19 pm 

Sounds like a good visit! Definitely throw that .8 in there, it *does* make a difference. I am not particularly fit in any sense of the word right now, but I swear, my biceps could crush a man. :p

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:15 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

Alice is two months old today! She started smiling a couple of weeks ago and you can now have little conversations with her where she responds to you with cooing. At her check up this morning she weighed 14 lb 9 oz. Holy chubby baby. She's bigger than Ada was and I thought Ada was a big baby. The doctor just wanted to cuddle her. She was not happy about her vaccines though and slept for a couple of hours when we got home and then woke up screaming bloody murder which is unusual for her. I ended up giving her Advil after not being able to do anything to calm her down and then she went back to sleep. Overall she is just the sweetest little baby. She sleeps on and off all day and I can actually put her down. Sometimes I can put her down while she is awake and she goes to sleep. Craziness!

Ada is getting so much more awesome by the day despite normal two year old craziness. She talks so much and is getting a lot better about asking for what she wants instead of throwing a fit. She's in a "what's that?" phase. She just wants to know everything and its amazing how quickly she learns. Sometimes she makes us read a book a bunch of times in a row and then she says "it's my turn!" and then she reads the book. A lot of the time she has most of it memorized. I could just go on and on about her but that would take awhile ;-)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:24 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

Proof of chub from Alice's check up this morning:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:54 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I love the rolls!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:04 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

Oh Alice! What a beautiful chunker you are!! :-)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:33 pm 

sashi wrote:
Proof of chub from Alice's check up this morning:

Oh my!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:30 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Elijah had his 9 month well baby visit yesterday. (Oh my god, already???) He is growing well. He weighs 18lbs 12oz (37%) and measures in at 28.25in (50%) tall. No more major concern about his soft spot as it has not closed any more since his 6month appointment so it caught up to his age. As long as it doesn't close before 12months, she said he's okay. It is still at 1cm. Phew! As for the rest of the physical, she did notice just like my MIL (hubby's mom) and my dad did that he seems to have a mild form of clubfoot. So we are being sent to Schriners Hospital yet again... For those who don't know, we had to take Sam when he was 18months old for a tiptoe walking issue, which ended up with no dx or anything at that time. But right now, he's got insoles in his shoes to try to correct his flat feet. As for the tiptoeing, it will hopefully be corrected on its own by 6yrs old (in 12-18months). Anyway, back to Eli, his feet turn in and he seems to want to walk on them sideways (sort of on the ankle) so it needs to be addressed now. My hubby had major clubfoot issues as a baby (still not fully corrected) and needed surgery and casts. So I don't want to go that route, but I know they now do booties and bars. Hopefully its not a big deal. I'll keep y'all posted.

Overall though, it was a good appointment. She was actually happy to hear of our BLW approach to solids (NO purees!! yay!) And said that the fact he is still gaining, no matter how slowly that its not a concern yet. So to just keep doing what I'm doing. And try to just make sure he gets the option of 3 meals a day, which we havent really been doing... just to make sure he might want more than what he's actually getting. So yeah. Thats it :) My boy is growing. I can't believe he has been here for as long as he was in (well, not technically, but you know...)

“I did not become a vegetarian for my health, I did it for the health of the chickens.”

I blog @ Mama To Feingold Kids

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:47 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

stuckunderhere wrote:
Elijah had his 9 month well baby visit yesterday. (Oh my god, already???) He is growing well. He weighs 18lbs 12oz (37%) and measures in at 28.25in (50%) tall. No more major concern about his soft spot as it has not closed any more since his 6month appointment so it caught up to his age. As long as it doesn't close before 12months, she said he's okay. It is still at 1cm. Phew! As for the rest of the physical, she did notice just like my MIL (hubby's mom) and my dad did that he seems to have a mild form of clubfoot. So we are being sent to Schriners Hospital yet again... For those who don't know, we had to take Sam when he was 18months old for a tiptoe walking issue, which ended up with no dx or anything at that time. But right now, he's got insoles in his shoes to try to correct his flat feet. As for the tiptoeing, it will hopefully be corrected on its own by 6yrs old (in 12-18months). Anyway, back to Eli, his feet turn in and he seems to want to walk on them sideways (sort of on the ankle) so it needs to be addressed now. My hubby had major clubfoot issues as a baby (still not fully corrected) and needed surgery and casts. So I don't want to go that route, but I know they now do booties and bars. Hopefully its not a big deal. I'll keep y'all posted.

Do keep us posted -- I hope they are all nice to you about it! They acted like Beets wonky legs were my fault.

When are soft spots supposed to close? I hate them -- because they feel so vulnerable and delicate, I always worry something will poke them there by accident. (Same thing with Vax's outie belly button -- you can feel his intestines right in there and they seem so unprotected.)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:01 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

18months-ish... they start off at 3cm openings, then go down 1cm every 6months... Eli's has been at 1cm (which is usually 9-12month olds) since like forever... but he is ok as of right now

“I did not become a vegetarian for my health, I did it for the health of the chickens.”

I blog @ Mama To Feingold Kids

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2522 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83 ... 101  Next