| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15415 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 498, 499, 500, 501, 502, 503, 504 ... 617  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:38 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

*hugs to everyone* Sorry I am too dazed to go back and read all the posts.

Found out tonight that my aunt killed herself. I'm in shock. I'm kicking myself for not having a nap earlier today when I was exhausted because I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight and I've to get up super early to walk the dog, clean my house, hoover my car and then get to the mortuary. I don't know if I will even be let see her. It will probably be only immediate family. More than likely it will also be closed coffin.

I feel so bad. I should have gone out there. I was going to head out that way this afternoon but for some reason I didn't. If I had I would have arrived just before she done it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:06 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Oh DC... that is really, truly awful about your aunt.

Amey, sorry to hear about your dad too-- I'll keep him in my thoughts.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:19 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

daisychain wrote:
*hugs to everyone* Sorry I am too dazed to go back and read all the posts.

Found out tonight that my aunt killed herself. I'm in shock. I'm kicking myself for not having a nap earlier today when I was exhausted because I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight and I've to get up super early to walk the dog, clean my house, hoover my car and then get to the mortuary. I don't know if I will even be let see her. It will probably be only immediate family. More than likely it will also be closed coffin.

I feel so bad. I should have gone out there. I was going to head out that way this afternoon but for some reason I didn't. If I had I would have arrived just before she done it.

That's so awful. I'm sorry, Daisychain. Lots of good wishes.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:22 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Oh jeez, Daisychain, so many hugs in your direction.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:58 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I used to read detergent bottles and wonder who is forking stupid enough to get it in their eye. Now I know.

PSA: it really forking hurts. I hope my eyeball doesn't fall out. Or float out, after all the water.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:58 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

coldandsleepy wrote:
Oh DC... that is really, truly awful about your aunt.

Amey, sorry to hear about your dad too-- I'll keep him in my thoughts.

thanks C&S <3

daisychain, hugs to you

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:04 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

DC, I'm so, so sorry.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:17 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Oh I am so sorry to hear about that, Daisychain. Don't beat yourself up with what ifs. Take care of yourself.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:35 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I'm so sorry DC, that is awful. Please make sure to take care of yourself <3

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:34 am 

Thanks guys. I'm having a moment... touched by the kind messages. My asthma has really picked its time to kick off.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:28 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I'm so sorry Daisychain.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:04 pm 

Thanks. x

Spoiler: show
God that woman who gave birth to me is a despicable creature. She gave out stink to my uncle over not keeping their parents grave tidy then was trying to bully her way into the funeral arrangements and taking away decisions that my aunts kids needed to make. Like she has had next to nothing to do with my aunt over the past 10 years and she decided what clothes were being put on her, even bought new stuff because she felt it shouldn't be allowed left to the girls. When she left the room they returned into it and said..... she is going in these clothes. We want her in her own clothes and the ones we have good memories in.

Also going to have to have a mega word with my aunt in law who is also being interfering by retraumatising them by quizing them on everything that happened, speculating on things and then demanding to search the house for a note. I only found out this after she went so I'm going to be having major words with her tomorrow when I see her.

Also had to tear shreds into my aunt to be in law because she was sat there speculating about what kind of damage was done and that it is important for the family to see her regardless of the condition then went into graphic detail about someone else's facial injuries following a suicide. I told her to shut up and it wasn't appropriate to be discussing that here and now and she needs to park her opinions. My two aunts thanked me afterwards because it was distressing them.

So, so sorry for offloading in this thread. I'm going to spoiler it incase people don't want to read. There is nothing gory just whinging about inconsiderate family members but some people may not want to read it since it involves the s word.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:58 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

biorobotics wrote:
despite shoving massive amounts of food into my face this weekend, i've lost more weight.
i'm sleeping so much (4 hour naps after breakfast), and this makes me feel lazy and unable to eat because i'm not being active and burning calories.
my partner is mad at me because i'm not better RIGHT NOW. he doesn't understand that it's not a matter of 'just eat'; i have a disease, and it's going to take time to get better. he won't even acknowledge the positive things i'm doing, because they're small (like having both a cookie and a latte for a snack); he doesn't realize how HUGE these 'small' things are to me. he says i'm not acknowledging how he feels, but i do; i know this is incredibly difficult and painful for him, but he's not allowed to impose his expectations of my recovery on me.

Hugs to you. The guy I was with when I became bulimic didn't understand any of this stuff. He just kept telling me to...stop puking. Recovery is an incredibly long and arduous journey, but it's worth it, I promise you. It's good that you're being honest with your boyfriend, that is a big step in the right direction. Be good to yourself.

To those with sick loved ones, I'm sending out my positive energy <3

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:59 am 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

bit of a croissant of a day entirely, really. I overslept (which, honestly, I needed), but then felt like a shut-in all day. I lost count of the number of times I said "go awaayyyyy" whenever my phone would buzz. the weather turned good, so I went to the park at least, but it just felt..off.

I think I'm just coming down after last week. it was my first night back in my own bed, and my first day 'home'. here's hoping tomorrow feels more social and confident!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:11 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

joshua wrote:
bit of a croissant of a day entirely, really. I overslept (which, honestly, I needed), but then felt like a shut-in all day. I lost count of the number of times I said "go awaayyyyy" whenever my phone would buzz. the weather turned good, so I went to the park at least, but it just felt..off.

I think I'm just coming down after last week. it was my first night back in my own bed, and my first day 'home'. here's hoping tomorrow feels more social and confident!

I had a similar day yesterday. I kept peeking in here meaning to comment, but my only answer to 'what was the worst part of your day' was 'all of it'. After I got home from grocery shopping, I stayed in bed, only getting up to fetch more junk food from the kitchen, and then slept 9 hours. I feel a lot better today, though, and I hope you do too!

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:02 am 
WRETCHED

Daisychain, I'm so sorry.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:00 pm 
Built this city on rock and roll

Daisychain, I am so, so sorry. Something similar happened in my family some years back. Please hang in there. Don't let the others get to you.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:24 pm 
Built this city on rock and roll

Lots of hugs to you, strawberryrock and ameyfm. Amey, sending good thoughts for the surgery!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:50 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

Perpetually late people drive me forking nuts. I have spent all day dicking around because I'm supposed to be having brunch with my brother and mother and my brother was just AWOL until about 1 pm (which happens every forking time). So I am famished, irritated, and feeling rushed because I have so much to do today and I'm going to have to just skip the one I wanted the most (gym).

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:52 pm 

Thanks guys.

I had some private time with her kids today with nobody else around and it was nice. They feel comfortable around me and know they can lean on me when they need it and know that if someone is acting the jerk that they can come to me and ask me to deal with them. They are dealing with everything so well and appropriately. I'm so glad they are strong, level headed women because they aren't leaving themselves be pushed out of the funeral arrangements.

Worst part of the day..... full blown chest infection. FML why now?!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:54 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Sorry for your loss daisychain, I hope the wake and funeral go smoothly without the need for you to keep anyone in check.

Thinking of you too strawberryrock, hope your mum's condition is at the mild end of the possibilities.

ameyfm I hope your dad gets makes a good recovery after the surgery.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:11 pm 
Impressive boner

I'm so sorry DC.

I'm exhausted again. I was feeling better late last week, but now I'm back to sleeping after work and I feel crappier than normal afterwards. I have no idea why I feel this way but it's been going on for at least a couple of months.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:41 am 
Flounceiad 2011

This isn't anything major, but it just irks the bejesus out of me and I need to vent. My idiot bro nephew is always posting those ignorant "why should I work so sponging welfare recipients can have iPhones and champagne?" memes. And of course his douchey friends are all "LOL" and "omg i no you are so rite i saw this womin with 765 kidz & she wuz bying a milion lobstrs."

I usually just hit "hide" and move on w/out comment because really, there's no point in arguing with imbeciles. But for some reason opening my laptop this morning and seeing this smug, ignorant, bigoted crepe made me feel like I was going to have a rage-induced aneurysm.

So instead of scrolling down and taking some aspirin like a sensible person, I engaged in a completely futile exercise and posted the following.

"People have to be poor in order to receive nutrition assistance. The maximum gross monthly income for SNAP eligibility in Pennsylvania, for instance, is $2,018 for a household of two, and the family can't own assets worth more than $5,500 (though there are several exceptions, like a single car)." Yup, that's living the high life at the taxpayers' expense, all right.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/06/01 ... -you-ugly/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/0 ... lp00000009

Now, I know with every fiber of my being that he will not even click those links, much less read them. For one thing, they are way above his reading level. For another, he doesn't give a fork about knowing or understand things; he just wants to shoot his mouth off to the applause of his knuckle-dragging cohort. But somehow, I just couldn't bite my tongue this time.

This would all be bad enough, but there's an additional wrinkle: over the past several years he's had a few rough patches, and he has borrowed money from several members of our extended family, including nearly a thousand dollars from me: none of which he has made any effort or shown any intention to repay. Unfortunately, I'm not really in a position to be making large cash gifts, and things are kind of tight around here at present (I'm not teaching in the summer, so I don't get paid). When I brought this up in an email, suggesting that he might pay me back in installments of $50 or $100 a month, he was all, "Oh, I'm sorry but there's just no way right now, blahblahblah." Meanwhile, his FB posts are always about going out for beers, steaks, etc., interspersed with these "deadbeat" shaming memes. The hypocrisy makes my head explode, but I've never called him on it publicly or privately. But I don't know...maybe it's the heat or something, but for some reason this morning I just...GAAAH.

Anyway, thanks for listening. Families: you can't pick 'em.

http://elizaveganpage.blogspot.com

Last edited by Desdemona on Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:50 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

That does sound mind-blowingly irritating, Des. Some people either just truly don't get or truly don't care to. Either way, that sucks.

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:17 am 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

Desdemona, I would be soooooooooo tempted to write "Yeah, why rely on perfectly legitamate government assistance programs when you can freeload off of your family members?"

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15415 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 498, 499, 500, 501, 502, 503, 504 ... 617  Next