| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77 ... 90  Next
 Post subject: Re: What did the PPK wear today?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:30 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Also, not to play the "my clothes are harder to find" game but it is WAY easier to hem pants than add length!!

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:31 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

Mars, you are incredibly lucky!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:34 pm 
WELFARIST!

I have a 29" inseam, so even pants that are labelled 'short' are usually too long. But 'ankle length' pants are perfect for me! Haha

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:39 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

Allular that's what I normally buy too. Thankfully I like the look of cuffed jeans if I can't find those.

I think my girls are going to have boober's difficulty as their father is 6'6" and they take after him.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:52 pm 
Saggy Butt

I think shorter dresses are trendy right now. I tried on a non-petite dress the other day that I thought was way too short on me, and I'm 5'2"! I am kind of modest and prefer dresses and skirts to go to my knees, but still...if this non-petite dress was several inches above my knees on me, I'm not really sure who they had in mind when they made it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:16 pm 
WELFARIST!

Tzippy wrote:
I think shorter dresses are trendy right now. I tried on a non-petite dress the other day that I thought was way too short on me, and I'm 5'2"! I am kind of modest and prefer dresses and skirts to go to my knees, but still...if this non-petite dress was several inches above my knees on me, I'm not really sure who they had in mind when they made it.

Ha! I think that all the time! A few years ago, I bought a couple of 'dresses' that barely cover my butt. I bought them to wear as long shirts, but...who the hell over 5' is wearing that as a dress? I personally prefer a mid thigh length for dresses and shorts, but everything that I try on always seems too short or too long. I err on the side of too short because that looks better on me than knee length (which makes me look even shorter). And hooray for cuffed jeans! I used to not like them because my ankles got cold in the winter, but now I just wear knee socks underneath and say fork it.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:44 pm 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

I'm average height for a woman (5'6), and loads of stuff doesn't fit. Shirts: too short. Pants: too long.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:34 am 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

I'm also 5'6, but have long arms and legs - trousers and shirtsleeves are always too short.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:49 am 
Impressive boner

I'm 5 4". Most trousers are the right length but sleeves are often too long.

Today I may stay in PJs. It's very warm and I'm very tired.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:54 am 
Inflexitarian

Amajorrecords wrote:
I'd like to meet someone who clothes fit perfectly. I'm average height I believe at 5'7". Pants are ALWAYS too long on me. I must have short legs?

Same height and situation here. I've long assumed that trousers are made longer to accommodate plenty of high heel. And too bad for the many of us who hardly ever wear high heels, or in fact live in flats.

ETA: I'm thinking here of office-y, semi-formal sort of trousers, and I only buy straight/wide leg. I tend to buy those as needed for work, and make them do double-duty in other outfits, dressed down with cardigans or whatever.

Lookin' good, boober.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:37 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I thought 5'4 was average for American ladies? I'm just under that, and find myself between short and regular with jeans, but I just bought a pair from H&M, and they are literally 5 inches too long. I like the cuffed look, but I'm still going to have to hem those.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:58 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

I'm somewhere between 5'1'' and 5'2'', and there are almost no pants I can wear without hemming. Even short pants need a roll or two.

My torso's pretty average, though, so I can wear most shirts and don't have trouble with sleeves/shirt hems. Bodies are weird.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:35 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I'm 5' but I guess I have comparatively long legs or something? I don't know. But anyway, earlier this year I bought my first ever pair of jeans that didn't need to be hemmed and I think I called everyone I know to tell them about it. I should note that they were adult jeans and everything.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:05 pm 
WELFARIST!

Erinnerung wrote:
I'm 5' but I guess I have comparatively long legs or something? I don't know. But anyway, earlier this year I bought my first ever pair of jeans that didn't need to be hemmed and I think I called everyone I know to tell them about it. I should note that they were adult jeans and everything.

I have a friend who is 5'4", an inch taller than me, and her hips come up to the middle of my ribs! While I can't find anything short enough, she has a hard time finding pants that are long enough, and we're almost the same height.

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:15 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I was the perfect height/weight to buy clothes for a year. It had about a +/- 3lb range. Basically my take home from that was if you are semi-tall with few curves, you are allowed to buy clothes easily. The minute my hips came back a little, I was back to shopping being a tedious chore, especially pants.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:18 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

lavawitch wrote:
I was the perfect height/weight to buy clothes for a year. It had about a +/- 3lb range. Basically my take home from that was if you are semi-tall with few curves, you are allowed to buy clothes easily. The minute my hips came back a little, I was back to shopping being a tedious chore, especially pants.

This is so true.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:38 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Boober: Gorgeous! And if I'm really self-conscious, I'll do the fingertip test like in middle school. Of course I have longer legs and shorter arms, so that can get scandalous, but I think it's not too bad of a guide.

Re: bodies and shopping, I'm 5'2" and change, and had a super fun time trying to find a maxi tank dress. It was really amusing for me dad though, so that was good. I'd hold the dress up above my head a little and it'd still reach the floor. I did find one at H&M, but it is weirdly a little short. I got it anyway though.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:00 pm 
WELFARIST!

ndpittman wrote:
Boober: Gorgeous! And if I'm really self-conscious, I'll do the fingertip test like in middle school. Of course I have longer legs and shorter arms, so that can get scandalous, but I think it's not too bad of a guide.

Re: bodies and shopping, I'm 5'2" and change, and had a super fun time trying to find a maxi tank dress. It was really amusing for me dad though, so that was good. I'd hold the dress up above my head a little and it'd still reach the floor. I did find one at H&M, but it is weirdly a little short. I got it anyway though.

I've never attempted to find a maxi dress...when they're hitting the floor and the hanger is above my head, well...that's that.

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:17 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Yeah, I like the idea of maxi dresses, but they always look so tall on the hanger that I've never actually tried one on.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:44 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

You guys are doing it wrong. You are supposed to buy the weird length maxi dress, then spend the rest of the day shopping for shoes of the exact correct height for your particular dress.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:10 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

I am so short-waisted that I can never get frocks with fitted waists to ... well, fit!

I found one DECADES ago that fit perfectly & I kept it for years just to admire it ...

I have narrow shoulders (they used to be broader but the years have worn them away) so getting shirts that fit both my slight shoulders & standard bosom is nearly impossible.

I am reduced to wearing jumpers (UK speak for sweaters) that settle past the waist to give more balance to my bodice / leg ratio.
I almost always wear trousers or long, floaty skirts because despite being slender 5'6 117lb I have very sturdy looking legs.

I am now laughing like mad here ... we are all lovely and perfect!

Anne who is off the weekly humanist meeting wearing a pale apple green short sleeved ankle length t-shirt dress & pale beige strappy flat sandals

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:12 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Maxi dresses get a bit shorter when you put your body in them, but yeah, mostly it's ridiculous.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:52 am 
WELFARIST!

And I don't always want to wear heels with them! Although maybe that would help make me look like I'm not being engulfed by them. But I am such a clumsy lady...I've fallen down probably 9 out of the 10 times I've worn heels in that past few months.

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:56 am 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

You can always hem a maxi dress! I can't find any that don't make me look matronly and I think that's just the fact of the matter with maxi dresses on my body.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:00 pm 
WELFARIST!

Hemming things and getting things hemmed is for non-lazy people!

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77 ... 90  Next