| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Picnic Potluck/Going Away Party- Sunday July 14th
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:13 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

Next Sunday, we are having a picnic themed potluck/going away party for myself & Hector who are moving in August. We are going to be having the potluck around the area of Barry & Sheridan, close to the lake {across from the lakefront path}
It'll start at 11 AM. Hector & I will try and get there a little bit earlier to set-up. If you would like to come, message me and I will send you my phone number.
I am looking forward to it! :)

Post subject: Re: Picnic Potluck/Going Away Party- Sunday July 14th
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:02 pm 

I have a few ideas of some things to bring to the potluck.
I am going to potato & vegan chorizo saute. I probably will make a dip of some sort also, maybe salsa or a vegan ranch type dip.
Right now I am thinking of making some oatmeal raisin cookies, mainly because I got a craving for them today. :) And maybe chocolate chip cookies too! :-)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:37 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

Oh yum! You know I'll be there. Chocolate-Chip Oatmeal Cookies would be amazing too!

I'm definitely bringing Green-Limonade and a Quinoa Tabbouleh. Possibly something else too, TBD.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:18 am 
Smuggling Raisins

I will head over when I'm done at the market. Probably end up there around noon. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:34 am 
Nailed to the V

I'll be there! Still deciding what to make. Right now I'm thinking something dessert-y with lemon and blueberries, or maybe some sort of salad, or maybe both. It also depends on whether I bring Oliver, and how much I want to lug on the bus!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:33 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

Also, since we'll be meeting in the park, be sure to bring a bottle of water & blanket/towel for yourself & any serving utensils you need.

Should we also divvy out who brings various picnic supplies? Since I'm planning to bring the limonade, I'll bring some cups. I can also bring plastic forks & paper towels since I already have both.

Can anyone else bring some paper plates (or should we be eco friendly and bring our own reusable plates, camping style?).

Is there anything else we might need? I'm also going to try to find my frisbee.

I'm going to look like a pack-mule on the train :-) Mike has friends in town so he won't be joining (and darn, I wish he were 'cuz I'd get him to drive!)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:01 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

P.S. I'll also be bringing Roasted Red Pepper & Almond Hummus and Pita Chips!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:16 pm 

I have paper plates that I can bring. They are leftover from a school party & will not get used. So, I can be in charge of plates! I think I have some plastic spoons too.

The only other thing that I can think of would be blanket. We don't seem to have any to bring. :(
We do have a little grill that we can bring if any wants to grill. Right now I am not planning on bringing anything to grill, but let me know and we can bring it!

I'm trying from making too many things for the potluck. Sometimes my ideas of what to make get too ambitious! ;)

Diana--good luck with transporting! :-)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:55 pm 
Nailed to the V

I have a few blankets I can bring!

I'll be bringing the V'con Brooklyn Deli Mac Salad, and (hopefully, if they turn out ok) the Strawberry Lemonade Whoopie Pies from Sticky Fingers.

It sounds like it's going to get pretty hot tomorrow, so I may leave Oliver at home to lounge in the a/c!

Should we meet in a specific place? I Google Mapped Barry & Sheridan and it looks like there's a huge grassy park area.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:51 pm 

From Barry & Sheridan walk under the tunnel to the Lakefront Path. Head straight pass the parking lot. Hector & I are going to try and get there a little early and get a spot near the lake. Just give me a call/text if you can't find us. We will be on the lookout for everyone!

We are still bringing Phoebe, but Hector might have to take her back to the apartment if it gets too hot out.

I am bringing Mexican Chocolate Chunk cookies. A black bean dip with tortilla chips. This is the recipe, but with all black beans. http://www.dailygarnish.com/recipes?recipe_id=6014892
And my potato & chorizo saute. I might make one more thing, but it will depend on if I have time tomorrow morning!

See everyone tomorrow at 11! :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:11 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

OMG - I cannot wait to try those amazing creations! Strawberry Lemonade Whoopee Pies? Mexican Chocolate Cookies?

Looks like I should skip my usual weekend breakfast of Chocolate chips on waffles to save room!

See you there!