| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 578 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mascara
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:25 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

In case you guys aren't keeping tabs on the generic makeup thread, the entire Flower makeup line (Drew Barrymore's line, exclusive to Walmart) appears to be vegan. You can see the communications from Flower in the other thread. And it includes three or four different mascaras, including one with a weird (yet strangely addictive) adjustable brush. I'm wearing it today (Zoom-In Ultimate Mascara, waterproof) and it's really, really waterproof. Not ridiculous drag-queen volume, but so far I really like it for everyday wear.

But good luck finding ingredients lists for the Flower stuff online... you pretty much have to read the packages in the store (not all Walmarts are carrying it yet, but you can order from walmart.com). But if anyone is concerned I can post the ingredients for the mascaras/BB Cream/nail polish I bought or troll my local Walmart and get ingredients on other stuff too.

Price point is around $7.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:18 pm 
Naked Under Apron

Ohhhkay, someone will need to try this and report back!

Quote:
Good morning Amy,

The Better Than Sex mascara is vegan friendly. The glycerin, stearic acid, and glyceryl stearate in the mascara are all plant based. I hope this information is helpful. Have a great day!

Sincerely,

Aun'Jenelle
[Too Faced] Website Customer Relations Coordinator

http://www.sephora.com/better-than-sex- ... Id=1533439

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:39 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I am on this. Not sure when I can get there, but you can bet your asparagus I'm getting it ASAP.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:43 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

i caved and ordered the pacifica mascara. they had a sale that included something else i decided i needed (new lip glosses), so i threw a mascara in there too. i'm so easily manipulated.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:11 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Oh Lard, that Too Faced mascara. I need all the monies, stat!

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:28 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Re: the Better Than Sex mascara - WHUUUUUUUT?? Yeah so this is going in my Sephora basket ASAP. I saw it pop up on the website but didn't dare to hope.

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:40 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Why doesn't every brand make mini-mascaras? I still have an unopened tube of Manic Panic burning a hole in my drawer. It would help if I could let go of the tube of Barry M that Jojo sent me, it's been well over six months.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:46 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

I wish they would, MBM. They do MAKE minis - I just found a Sephora code to get one with an order, which is not helping me resist gifting myself makeup for my birthday - but no one ever really sells them individually. Which is stupid. I feel like if they sold half-size tubes for $10-12 or whatever, people would be much more willing to try new stuff out on a whim.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:18 am 
Baking In The Flavor

i just ordered the new too faced mascara from sephora...hopefully it will arrive as early as thursday. i love drag lashes, and will post a review over the weekend:)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:09 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

I've got to make it down to Sephora, even though it is in a highly inconvenient location. I really like all the Too Faced stuff I have, and now I really need to try this mascara! Anyone who does get it, please please post a review. :-)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:03 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Damn, I just got the Barry M and I can't justify another mascara. Even though I want to get the Manic Panic one.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:01 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Apparently i could justify it-just bought it and i love it. I should have done side by side with the Barry M.

Having a Sephora right when i get of the subway is bad.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:15 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Oh, man! That would be bad! The only reason I haven't bought the new Too Faced mascara is pure laziness. I might have to take a walk and get it tomorrow.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:14 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Yay!! I think I'll pick up the Too Faced on the weekend!

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:05 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I didn't see it in my Sephora. I also didn't ask for it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:28 am 
Baking In The Flavor

it's on the too faced website now:) and you can do a search on the product page to see which sephora stores have it in stock:) mine will come today in the mail, i can't wait!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:32 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

I checked online and my Sephora has it in stock, but now I can't decide if I want to pick up the Too Faced or the Tarte. #FirstWorldVeganProblems.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:34 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

la vie sale wrote:
I didn't see it in my Sephora. I also didn't ask for it.

I had to ask about it. Actually I probably wouldn't have if a salesperson hadn't come up and asked me just as I was about to leave. Enablers!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:39 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

ok...i couldn't even wait until tomorrow to try the new too faced...i put it on it after removing my makeup from today:p talk about drag lashes...this stuff is amazing!!! i put 3 coats on and this is the most i've ever gotten out of a mascara without a ton of coats. the formula is not overly wet, and not dry or flakey at all, and it layered easily without any clumping. and this is without any other eye makeup and over my eye cream i had just applied. usually i wear concealer and setting powder. one coat looked great, too, so if you like a more natural look i think this would work:) the rest of us can get drag lashes with minimal work, lol!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:59 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Drag lashes!!!!!!!!

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:18 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

So I'm probably way late finding this out, but apparently Blinc makes blue and green mascaras. Anybody tried them?

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:08 pm 

So apparently if you keep a tube of mascara for a full year without opening it, it won't be so fresh when you finally do! I cracked open that MP mascara finally, and I could immediately tell it wasn't as sopping wet as it should be. It's not totally dry but i'm wondering if putting a few drops of sterile contact solution in it is as bad as water? I'd like to use it for at least a month so it's not a total waste.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:16 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

mrsbadmouth wrote:
So apparently if you keep a tube of mascara for a full year without opening it, it won't be so fresh when you finally do! I cracked open that MP mascara finally, and I could immediately tell it wasn't as sopping wet as it should be. It's not totally dry but i'm wondering if putting a few drops of sterile contact solution in it is as bad as water? I'd like to use it for at least a month so it's not a total waste.

This makes me reconsider the wisdom of my mascara hoarding tendencies. I currently have at least 3 tubes of mascara that I won't get to for months and months.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:23 pm 

Yeah, I really should've stopped using the Barry M mascara at least three months ago, but it still isn't very dry or clumpy.

I googled it and apparently lots of people use saline to revive mascara and no one is screaming about eye infections so I think i'm just going to add a drop or two.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:52 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I opened the MP mascara I ordered as soon as it got here (this was months ago) and it was never very wet. I'd say it's like the thickness/texture of canned frosting.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 578 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next