| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Vegan Wedding Caterers
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:57 am 
Tofu Pup

I know there was a previous thread with suggestions about vegan wedding caterers, but it's a few years old now.

Anyone have recommendations? My fiance Alicia and I are having a vegan wedding July 5, 2014. :)

Post subject: Re: Vegan Wedding Caterers
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:32 pm 
Writes Vegan Haiku

mcmonger wrote:
I know there was a previous thread with suggestions about vegan wedding caterers, but it's a few years old now.

Anyone have recommendations? My fiance Alicia and I are having a vegan wedding July 5, 2014. :)

I'm a vegan chef who's working on opening a vegan fine dining restaurant called jay kitchen. I also do vegan catering for all different types of events. Check out my catering company/upcoming restaurant facebook page---> https://www.facebook.com/jaykitchenNYC.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:36 pm 
Inflexitarian

I went to Jay's pop up resto and it was amazing; I'm sure his catering would be fab. You might also hit up Cinnamon Snail. Not sure if they do catering but I've seen amazing photos of wedding cakes.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:21 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

Cinnamon snails website says they do catering. Blossom, Candle, Terri, a lot of vegan restaurants also do catering, so if there's a place you like, I guess call and find out what the deal is.
I was looking at this for myself, so I'll just paste some of the links I saved. I never used any of these places, and I haven't called any, so I can't comment on the food or anything. But I spent the time googling so.......

http://aboveandbeyondny.aitrk.com/vegan2013.html

http://www.tasteevegan.com/weddings.htm

http://www.twobrotherscatering.com/cateringmenu.htm

http://ieatgrass.com/classes-catering/

http://www.fancygirlcatering.com/menus_season_1.html

http://www.veritecatering.com/home#!__home/about-us

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:01 pm 
Semen Strong

Cinnamon Snail does amazing cakes and food. I've been to parties they've catered and the food is off the hook!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:42 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

mcmonger wrote:

If you're still looking - we got married two years ago and used Rustic Food Catering (http://www.rusticfood.com/). They're NJ based, we live in the city but got married about 90 minutes upstate and they traveled no problem. Our menu was totally vegan aside from a protein choice of chicken that my husband pushed for including because he was worried his step father would be upset about not being able to eat meat (not being able to eat meat for one meal of your life! how awful!). The food was amaaaaazing. When people hear that our wedding was almost all vegan and are skeptical about it, my mom always makes it a point to mention that my uncle (who did a fair share of grumbling when he heard that there would be almost only vegan food) did not end up eating the chicken, and had two helpings of the vegan main which was some kind of flakey pastry stuffed with lots of vegetables. The hors d'ouevres were all amazing too. The one thing they were lacking on was good vegan desserts. We provided them with two recipes (from veganomicon! the lemon coconut and lower fat chocolate bundt cakes) and they made some cakes for our dessert table, my cousin made some pies and our "wedding" cake came from champs.

Anyways, I highly recommend them. All of this thinking about that meal is making me wish I could eat it again!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:23 pm 
Hip Goiter

I would want to have a wedding just to have Cinnamon Snail cater it.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:30 pm 
Wears Pleather Undies

Jay (he posted above) catered my engagement party and it was amazing! All of the non-vegans loved the food, and his staff are all extremely nice. Defininitely contact him!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:31 pm 
Wears Pleather Undies

Jay (he posted above) catered my engagement party and it was amazing! All of the non-vegans loved the food, and his staff are all extremely nice. Defininitely contact him!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:49 pm 
Tofu Pup

Wow, I can't believe I left this unanswered for so long.

Thank you all for your comments! Jay, are you still operating in NYC? I just tried to click that link, and tried googling you after that.

We have at tasting with Rustic Foods in a couple of weeks and we are so pleased to hear positive things about it!

We contacted Cinnamon Snail and they were very bad at responding to and communicating with us, so we took them off of our list very quickly. We had tried calling them and the number didn't work, so we posted on their Facebook page, which they replied to quickly but asked to delete our post so they wouldn't look bad (which said, "we are trying to call you but the phone isn't working")...weird. They have amazing food, but I feel like they are terrible communicators, and it's hard for me to deal with that.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:28 am 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

mcmonger wrote:
We have at tasting with Rustic Foods in a couple of weeks and we are so pleased to hear positive things about it!

Ooh, let me know how your tasting goes & how you like them! Our tasting with Elaine was really lovely. The food was amazing & she set us up a little table at the front of the kitchen while she finished cooking & would bring us food and tell us about it, but then not hover. It felt like a special date! Through the whole process leading up to the wedding she was really responsive and helpful, and was always right on top of any questions or concerns. Also, she & her staff was AMAZING at our wedding, from the chef to the servers to the guy they provided to tend our bar (we only had wine and beer as my husband doesn't drink and we had a number of guests who didn't as well). They also coordinated all linen/table/whatever rentals for us, which I think is probably a standard caterer thing? But being as our wedding was SUPER diy except for the splurge of hiring a caterer it was amazing to have someone else deal with that aspect of arranging/coordinating/etc. Good luck!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:03 pm 
***LIES!!!***

We used Ome Caterers in NJ for our wedding and they were amazing. Not a vegan company, but they totally got it and came up with some amazing stuff that everybody was happy with (they even amusingly put up signs all over the kitchen in our reception site about what vegan means, for their workers, which was perhaps excessive since they brought all the food in already). We went with them because all the veg*n caterers we contacted at the time were flaky about communication and didn't seem set up to really do the whole thing, the catering was like a fledgling side business to their regular work. The people we went with were able to organize everything for offsite catering that we might have needed (like furniture and linen rentals, servers, etc.) because that's all they do. Sounds like Rustic Foods is similar.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:46 am 
Tofu Pup

Last month, I attended wedding ceremony of my friend who is vegan. They searched out some of the best vegan Philadelphia venues for their ceremony. There were two types of caterer: one for vegans and other for non vegan.