| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

When did your period come back after birth?
Less than 3 months 14%  14%  [ 8 ]
3-6 months 25%  25%  [ 14 ]
6-9 months 12%  12%  [ 7 ]
9-12 months 12%  12%  [ 7 ]
12-15 months 7%  7%  [ 4 ]
15-18 months 14%  14%  [ 8 ]
18-24 months 5%  5%  [ 3 ]
More than 2 years 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
It's still not back!! 7%  7%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 57
 Post subject: Re: Postpartum periods
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:06 pm 
Semen Strong

Thanks for the input! I think I'm going to try lube and hoping we become a match again, before spending more money to replace it... I will look into the Fleurcup though.

I just find it crazy that I would size down, not up.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:58 pm 
Married to the wolfman

T, totally weird, but the same thing happened to me. I have a size 2 cup that I got after E was born, and we were BFFs. We frolicked in the woods by the light of the moon and shiitake. Then things changed after M was born. Now it is SO hard to get in, it feels wrongly sized.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:52 pm 
***LIES!!!***

I had the same experience and I'm pretty sure it was hormone related tightness/dryness, because my cup went right back to fitting well when I completely stopped breastfeeding. I'm still in a size 1, no leaking.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:25 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Oi, I haven't seen the Diva in 20 months now...I hope it's like riding a bike. :)

Did night-weaning bring back Aunt Flo for most of you? As F approaches a year, I'm thinking about experimenting with this, and seeing how she manages (really, I'd like to just cut down the feeding from like 8x's/night to say 1 or 2).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:31 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

So for a short while when Carlos was sleeping through the night (I think it was at 4 months?) mine came back, but just the once. He stopped sleeping through the night and it hasn't come back yet. The last few nights he did sleep through the night though, so now I'm nervous. Hopefully it stays away for a while. I also got one of those arm implant thingies which mess with your periods, so I can't really say if Carlos is to "blame". (Blame is totally not the right word here, not having my period is AWESOME. Maybe credit?)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:42 pm 
Semen Strong

Leela isn't nightweaned in the least. I wouldn't mind getting AF back if it meant getting a full night of sleep every night (heh!). All kidding asid, mine was always light but seems to be even lighter, and totally PMS and cramp free ATM (I will of course have now cursed myself).

Thanks for sharing your experiences. Its nice to know I don't have a freak vagina.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:02 pm 

Ah...a quote to add to my signature: "It's nice to know I don't have a freak vagina."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:22 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Tofulish wrote:
Leela isn't nightweaned in the least. I wouldn't mind getting AF back if it meant getting a full night of sleep every night (heh!). All kidding asid, mine was always light but seems to be even lighter, and totally PMS and cramp free ATM (I will of course have now cursed myself).

No kidding.

My period got about a thousand times worse after E was born, and I felt so ripped off, because generally speaking, cramping etc is less blad post-pregnancy.

To be fair re:sizing, I've only had two since M was born, at 7 weeks and then again at 11 or 12, so maybe my cup will fit again next time I need it. They were both pretty normal, more like what I remembered pre-baby. Lately I've been having a lot of spotting, so I wonder if my body's trying to menstruate or what. (Not preggers.)

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:13 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

refinnej wrote:
Did night-weaning bring back Aunt Flo for most of you? As F approaches a year, I'm thinking about experimenting with this, and seeing how she manages (really, I'd like to just cut down the feeding from like 8x's/night to say 1 or 2).

Long gaps between nursing sessions (4-6 hours) is what got mine back both times. I was still night nursing Raygold for 8 months after my periods returned. Night weaning seemed to be what got my fertility back, though. If I didn't want any more kids, I would try to hold off on getting my periods back as long as possible. ;p

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:45 am 
Naked Under Apron

gotta admit, this thread has me skeered 'cause while I don't have my period back yet at 5months pp, I haven't been very responsible about birth control. For instance, I never filled that mini-pill prescription my midwife gave me, gahhhhh.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:03 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Audrey wrote:
gotta admit, this thread has me skeered 'cause while I don't have my period back yet at 5months pp, I haven't been very responsible about birth control. For instance, I never filled that mini-pill prescription my midwife gave me, gahhhhh.

If I were you, I'd get that filled ASAP - unless, of course, you want more kids. You could start ovulating at any time, and you probably won't know until after!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:46 am 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

14 weeks postpartum and its back :( I was hoping to be like my sister who didn't get hers back until 3 months after she quite breastfeeding her 1 year old. I AM glad to have reason for the inordinate amount of tears I have been shedding in the last two days though. I was thinking I might need to see someone about some happy pills there for a day or two.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:06 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Almost 9 months pp and nada. H rarely nurses overnight, and hasn't for months (he nurses before bed around 7, then I get up to pump at 5), and still nothing! I've felt a few times that it was coming back but it has stayed away. I'm pretty sure I ovulated a couple days ago, so we'll see if that brings it back.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:31 pm 

So, Flo's back but only pretty lightly and for just about 3-4 days. Seriously hoping that this is a trend. Some cramps/PMSey stuff, but nothing major. I'm wondering though, about how my cycle length is going to turn out. Before Freya, they were in a pretty good 5 week cycle, with the help of acu and Metformin. This time, I'm pretty sure I ovulated (egg white fluid), but it was just a week/eight days before bleeding. Going from long cycles to really short would be weird, right?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:34 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Argh. Considering going back to a regular estrogen/progesterone pill after being on the mini pill for a year now. I'm getting my period, but there's no discernible rhythm because there is no placebo week on this kind of pill, it just comes whenever - I don't think it's even been a month since the last time, but other times it's been two or three months in between.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:07 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

Mine finally just came back (Sven is 10 months)! I had suspected that I ovulated, so I wasn't totally surprised to see it. It was a pretty normal pre-pregnancy period, except apparently I need to build up a tolerance to tampons again. I'm actually pretty excited though, since we are talking about trying for #2. I'm curious to see if my cycle is still wacky as well.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:32 pm 

After the light flow/spotting before, there was nothing for about 6 weeks, so I thought it was an anomaly. Then today, hey, look who's back! Happy New Year to me!

Grrrr

Feels like tiny strip miners are working their way through my uterus.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:29 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Oh, I posted somewhere else, but I got mine on December 23, it lasted about 3 days, which is pretty normal for me. Not too crampy or heavy. Flt really nice! I hadn't had one since June of 2010! W will see if its s trend.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:21 pm 

23 months of absent periods have now joined forces as one giant uber-period it seems. Urgggggghhhhh. Damn that Eve.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 3:37 pm 
Naked Under Apron

ahhh bumping this thread because yep, my period is back. At exactly 1 your postpartum minus 9 days! Sierra really only nurses in the middle of the night and early morning now so I guess I should've expected this. It only started last night but seems pretty light, and now I'm recalling that I felt super-bloated last week. Gotta make plans to get an IUD or something ASAP.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:38 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I thought I first got mine at exactly 3 months, but turned out to just be a out an hour or two of spotting... Now at just short of 17 months, surprise, it's here for real. Will is still nursing 3x day and I had just about convinced myself that I'd be period-free until we were done.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:46 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

8 months in and nada! I thought it was back in May, but I just had spotting for half a day...

“I did not become a vegetarian for my health, I did it for the health of the chickens.”

I blog @ Mama To Feingold Kids

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:45 pm 
Chip Strong

I think I might have my period. Alice is 7 weeks today. What the heck. Last time I got it back at 8 months. It's really light but it feels like I have my period. I really hope it is not back for good because, well, it's only been 7 weeks!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:50 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

sashi wrote:
I think I might have my period. Alice is 7 weeks today. What the heck. Last time I got it back at 8 months. It's really light but it feels like I have my period. I really hope it is not back for good because, well, it's only been 7 weeks!

Mine came back about the same time, or so I thought at the time. Turns out it still isn't back, and I am now one year postpartum. I hope you get a bit longer of a break!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:02 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

sashi wrote:

I was still bleeding at 7-8 weeks pp with Beet! I'm 5 weeks pp now and still spot occasionally (I read that's normal, even up to 8 weeks). So...maybe you're just spotting? *fingers crossed*

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next