| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3581 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114 ... 144  Next
 Post subject: Re: Weight loss peeps - where you at?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:56 pm 
Tofu Pup

Newbie here! Be patient with me.

Recently my doctor put my on metformin for PCOS and insulin resistance. I'm one of those people that has been overweight since birth, so I'm hoping this helps a bit!

Currently I'm using MyFitnessPal, Insanity and Wii fit plus for calorie tracking/exercise. I know, Wii fit sounds silly, but it's the only thing I've ever been able to stick to (save for a gym membership, but I don't yet have a drivers license, so I can't go to the gym out here in the sticks).

I emailed weight watchers a few weeks ago about using the program with a vegan diet, and the email I received back was less than helpful, so I decided to not give them any of my money =/

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:09 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

Okay, I read the first 26 pages of the thread and quit, but I noticed something - our moods in terms of results and whatnot are pretty in sync - when we're happy and doing well, we're pretty much all happy and doing well, and when we're failing, we're failing together. Kind of nice! :)

Hi again TBC :) I hope the meds work for you!! And anything is better than nothing, and I know this because I am all about the nothing lately. That's weird that WW was so unhelpful - in any case, I hate crappy customer service, so good for you for deciding against them! I did great on WW for awhile, but then I reached a point where I was like "oh hey, I get 26 points, but I ate 34 points today, oh well" and I stopped losing, and just didn't care, so I canceled. I can be unsuccessful for free! :D

You're off base - are there shuttles? I see shuttles around here but I have no idea where they go or anything.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:14 pm 
And you never will.

Ugh, I have been off track (again) ever since poopieboy's birthday on Friday and party on Saturday. It was like two straight days of eating badly, which would have been okay if I had then gotten back to it on Sunday, but noooooo. I feel bloated and gross. Tomorrow I'm back to green smoothies for breakfast and no more sugar. I don't know if I even want to weigh myself to see the damage I've done over the last few days, but based on how my clothes are fitting, it's pretty bad.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:22 pm 
Tofu Pup

Oh hello again! I swear I'm not following you around...I have yet to read through this thread, heh!

Nope, no shuttles! I'm just patiently waiting for the husband to have the free time to help me get my license, and then we'll get a second car.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:49 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Do any of you belong to the Facebook group Eating the Food? I've been finding it really helpful to allow myself to accept the fact that it's OKAY to eat more calories than most weight loss plans recommend you do, and still lose weight. It's similar to what j-dub's mentioned before (and Tofulish, I think?, just mentioned on the last page), about eating more so your body doesn't go into conservation mode. I feel great and I'm eating much more than I usually do when I'm trying to lose weight, yay!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:48 am 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

I'm a member and the spin-off group.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:52 am 
Semen Strong

Could you link to it/them? I found a few with similar titles...

I really love not being in deprivation mindset. I had a big dinner tonight, and didn't feel like I had to only order what I could reasonably catalog or skimp because I ate all my calories at breakfast.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:13 am 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

https://www.facebook.com/groups/108315962672267/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/167011536812254/

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:18 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

What's the spin-off group like? I stopped having ETF show up in my feed because I felt it was a lot of people posting "I'm eating the food and lifting the weights; when will I lose weight?!" And their frustration was making me feel bad and frustrated.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:07 am 

Breakfast - coffee + green smoothie (kale, frozen watermelon, banana, 1 tsp agave, lime juice). i don't know what workout i'm doing but i'm tying my sneakers now!

eta: also, i'm cramping, because it's almost that time, and I'm always super productive feeling pre-period and then I lose it all, thbbbt.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:35 am 

Okay I did 30 minutes of Cardio to the Billy Blanks Get Taebo Celebrity Fit. It's okay, but I'd rather do Kenpo. Returning to the library. Post workout lunch is going to be a banana hemp smoothie and then I'll have a salad later, and diner is the AFR chickpea and broccoli thing.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:47 am 
A gift from the crasshole god.

I started P90X on Monday and my sister has started at the same time so we are pushing each other on. Basically, I have been sore since Monday! I got about 20 minutes into the plyo workout yesterday and then my shins were playing up (I had shin splints) so I switched to Cardio X and modified the high impact moves, which sucks but is better than not being able to do anything again. I am dreading the yoga tomorrow.

I've been eating much the same, I am pretty healthy. My doctor told me it will take about 6 months after they finally get my drugs stable before I will see any results re fat loss. They have increased my dose again today and want to increase another med next appointment, so it is really frustrating, especially as they make me so tired that I don't even feel that much more healthy, which is what I really want! Bleugh!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:56 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

ndpittman wrote:
What's the spin-off group like? I stopped having ETF show up in my feed because I felt it was a lot of people posting "I'm eating the food and lifting the weights; when will I lose weight?!" And their frustration was making me feel bad and frustrated.

The spin-off group is much more focused on weight loss than the main group. I find the main ETF group focuses a lot more on self-acceptance and being okay with eating way more than most people ever have thought was okay, where as the weight loss spin-off group is much more focused on losing the weight in a slow and healthy way.

I also stopped having both groups show up in my news feed because they're both so active - it would totally overwhelm my news feed! I just go into the groups when I'm needing some motivation or advice ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:08 pm 

Sarah-Jane, good job! The only P90X workout I hate more than Cardio X is Yoga! Tony-yoga is hard core. Go kick it's butt!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:06 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I'm now down below 130lbs which was my aim. I weighed in this morning at 128.5lbs. Surprised since I have been living on junk food for nearly 2 weeks now. It's probably more to do with stress than actual real weight loss though.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:06 pm 
A gift from the crasshole god.

Thanks appifanie! I just finished shoulder & arms and by the time it got to ab ripper x I just kind of lay about my mat and joined in when I stopped feeling sick! I have had trainers and went to classes and the gym but I have never felt so done by the end of a workout! I think yoga might just be a case of hang out in the living room trying to look remotely like they do and hope I get better!

My sister just called and said she was too sore and wasn't going to do her workout today :(

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:13 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

ok, i didn't read 110 pages of this. sorry...i read like two...so if someone already talked about this i apologize

i just want one thing, and would love any advice on how to achieve it. i just want a smaller appetite. my diet isn't ridiculously healthy, i do eat quite a lot of pastas, tofu and veggie stir fries, and sushi, but it's not horrible. when i'm craving something junky i'll cook homemade pancakes, popcorn, nachos, or batter-fried tofu, and never buy chips or chocolates or soda (wasn't raised on them and they don't appeal to me). but my appetite is ravenous. even when i'm finished with a meal, i want more food an hour later. every time i'm at a group dinner i eat more than the other guests. more often than i would like, i find myself thinking about what i'm going to eat next in the back of my mind. it's weird.

if only making food related decisions concerning diet was as easy as making food related decisions concerning morals. so any advice?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:54 pm 

You seem like me, diet wise. People used to be sort of impressed I could eat a whole footlong at Subway. Somedays I'm pretty sure I eat more than my husband.

If that's an accurate representation of your diet, you probably need more fruits and veggies (fiber). Also, do you drink enough water?

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:06 pm 

I'd also check out the amount of protein and fat you're getting because those can help you feel fuller longer. I try to balance out what I eat somewhat. Not to extremes are anything, but if I eat an apples, I'll have a tablespoon of peanut butter. Do you do avocado sushi?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:26 am 

Oh my period is here, what joy. In light of having lost motivation to workout, my goal for today is to make it through the day not in tons of pain and by only eating yummy, healthy food. Except for a tiny nibble of cookie dough when I make cookies to mail to the hubs later.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:10 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

What up ya'll! My week has been so busy and on the go I forgot to check in. But I'm happy to announce that I'm feeling pretty good. This is my weekly workout and food plan.

Breakfast = 1 banana before my workout, chia seed pudding with hemp seeds and berries.
Lunch = tofu scramble on a GF english muffin
Dinners = Curry two nights (I made a huge pot with coconut milk, veggies, and chickpeas)
Baked eggplant with sun dried tomatoes and spinach on a GF english muffin
40 clove chickpeas over quinoa with easy breezy cheese sauce
Black bean and veggie tacos from AFR (I forget the real name, but it's the recipe with kalamatta olives and
dressing) with soft GF corn tortillas
Snacks = almond butter on rice cakes, raw almonds, cashews, and frozen banana bites dipped in chocolate and pb.

Monday = 40 min circuit training with 5 pound weights
Tuesday = 30 min treadmill walk at 2.8 speed with 2% incline
Wednesday = 15 min circuit training (I just didn't have it in me)
Thursday = 40 min circuit training with 5 pound weights
Friday = 30 min treadmill walk at 2.8 speed with 2% incline
Saturday and Sunday off!

My plan is to be super mindful over the weekend so I don't blow all this hard work I just put in. When I went grocery shopping I didn't buy and junk food at all so there is nothing in the house to tempt me. But I am going to a family reunion on Sunday and Monday that I need to prep for and I'm planning to make potato salad. Have to weigh in at some point, really hoping there is a change!

Loving the chia pudding, I put it in the freezer for a bit to firm it up and its such a refreshing treat after a really hard workout!

My Extreme Weight Loss show is really keeping me motivated. Sorry this was a long post! Everyone is doing so great. Keep up the good work :o) We are doing it!

Last edited by GraciaKai on Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:13 am 
Married to the wolfman

My weight's back to where it was before my sudden 6 lb upward fluctuation. So now I just have to not ever get my period again and I'll be fine, ha ha.

I have no idea how to reduce your appetite overall... I really genuinely like eating. Like the process of eating. Chewing, swallowing, the feeling of a full stomach, etc. My compromise has been that I eat a healthy portion of whatever my main is, and then I sort of graze/gorge on low cal stuff. Raw vegetables and whatnot.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:36 am 

I'm like that with cereal, coldandsleepy. I just enjoy everything about it. The cold milk,the crunch and chewing it up. I've just been trying to stop at one normal-ish size bowl. If I'm still hungry afterward, I get something else. Otherwise I can work my way through the entire box.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:39 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

My only suggestion for reducing your appetite is to workout more. Besides more protein, fiber, veg and all that. For me, when I'm actively working out I just feel fuller and I don't need to scarf large amounts of food anymore. I don't know if the brain does that on purpose or not, but if it does then it works!

Also, try to just eat so you aren't starving instead of eating to be full. Does that make any sense? Example, at 11:30 I was starving so I had my lunch and while I'm not full to the brim I'm not starving anymore. So it's like a happy medium and now I'll be ok for a few hours before having a snack. I could have devoured a lot more food than what I actually ate easily but then I would have been stuffed and uncomfortable.

I can eat a lot too, this has always been a problem of mine. For a long long time I would eat until I was bursting at the seems. And that whole being the person eating way more food than everyone else, that would be me too. Trying really hard to stop the emotional feelings that come with food. I think one of the biggest issues with dieting for me is that I would get sad (literally) when I would see the small plate of food in front of me that I was supposed to eat. It just felt like it wasn't enough! And I know that is all mental. Your stomach will shrink and stretch over time. So the more smaller meals you eat your stomach will change with you. But my brain always wants more.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:55 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I just wanted to come in here and say that I finally got over counting calories, ditched MFP, and have felt so much more emotionally stable since. I was getting so obsessive and I wasn't even trying to lose weight. I don't think I've gained any weight, even though I'm pretty sure I've been eating more. I've stepped on the scale a couple times and it's been almost exactly the same, or at least in that same 1-2lb range I was in when I was counting EVERYTHING.

Funny how that works. If I notice a gain I am just going to try to get more active instead of eating less. Walk more, get outside, etc.

Restricting sucks. Life is too short. I was spending probably 2-3 hours a day logging and weighing my food. What a massive waste of time that was.

Reply to topic  [ 3581 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114 ... 144  Next