| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Tights!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:23 pm 
Bought $40 worth of Stonewall's Jerquee

Dons schoolgirl voice "OMG Sock Dreams is the shiznit". I am looking at their website and am about to explode with excitement. Seriously it's not good to get this excited about leg warmers for gods sake!

For tights I just got a pair from Legs Beautiful and they sucked so bad, not even on for a day and there is a big hole in the freaking crotch. Either it was the tights or I have a toxic crotch.
Some tights were like $50. Are you kidding me? It's not like you can take them back if they get holey.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:34 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Ugh ugh ugh. I have so many tights. Yet I always seem to need MORE.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:05 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

djsuz wrote:
Either it was the tights or I have a toxic crotch.

I love this.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:56 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Magpie-Grin wrote:
I just bought a pair of Thermal tights (Jessica) from Sears. I have only tried them on, but man oh man, the inside is lined with a fine fleece.
They felt fine on my waist, but they only come in two sizes, so maybe I'm lucky they fit me. I'm going to buy the legging, because I think these will be fab for winter!

!! fleece lined?!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:28 am 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

fupapack wrote:
Magpie-Grin wrote:
I just bought a pair of Thermal tights (Jessica) from Sears. I have only tried them on, but man oh man, the inside is lined with a fine fleece.
They felt fine on my waist, but they only come in two sizes, so maybe I'm lucky they fit me. I'm going to buy the legging, because I think these will be fab for winter!

!! fleece lined?!

Yep. They are super soft, but not super warm. I did go back and get 1 more pair of tights and 2 pairs of leggings, as they were on sale (reg. price $11.99). I figure I will just double them up for the winter. One pair will be perfect for spring and fall temperatures here, though.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:58 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Veglicious wrote:
Rhizopus Oligosporus wrote:
I'm sort of having the opposite problem. I have some really nice thick warm tights that seem to have very little elastic in the waist and feel like they are going to fall down. I think I need tights suspenders.

Yeah I have two pairs like this! They are good otherwise. I wear underwear over the top as well to try and keep them up.

Oh, I never thought of this! Does it work? I'm going to try it!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:51 am 
Bathes in Braggs

Veglicious wrote:
I'm sort of having the opposite problem. I have some really nice thick warm tights that seem to have very little elastic in the waist and feel like they are going to fall down. I think I need tights suspenders.

Yeah I have two pairs like this! They are good otherwise. I wear underwear over the top as well to try and keep them up.

If it worked for Batman and Robin, it'll work for everyone!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:17 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

CNA wrote:
Veglicious wrote:

If it worked for Batman and Robin, it'll work for everyone!!!

So I need to wear a cape and skip the skirt? Or, I could just pin my skirt to the top of my shirt and wear it as a cape. Thanks, CNA, I'm ready to get dressed and leave the house now!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:09 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

I just stocked up on tights yesterday and it was oh so necessary. I only owned black, navy, and brown and about half up them were ripped...which, I mean, is sometimes nice but I need to look presentable occasionally!

I've been searching for the perfect garter belt for a little over a month and fork those things are expensive. Found this one at Topshop for £8 though, so I'm happy.
I picked up a few cheaps, plain black hold ups for them at Waitrose

I also bought these to make me feel sassy

And these to make me feel comfy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:46 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

So I bought tights from We Love Colors, they arrived today (fast shipping!) and I tried them on....LOVE. I got the plus size ones and for once, I feel comfortable in tights! They are soooo stretchy and soft. I won't be able to go back to cheapo tights.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:14 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

i've started wearing actual suspenders under my clothes to hold my heavy tights up, because a few times i was out walking and they wound up almost around my ankles. i don't know what the deal is. but the suspenders work beautifully. 50 cents at goodwill!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:00 am 
Bathes in Braggs

So I need to wear a cape and skip the skirt? Or, I could just pin my skirt to the top of my shirt and wear it as a cape. Thanks, CNA, I'm ready to get dressed and leave the house now!

PICS!

:D

Dun-nu-nu-nu-nu-nu-nu-nu RHIZOPUS!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:18 am 
Double double, toil and trouble

paprikapapaya wrote:
So I bought tights from We Love Colors, they arrived today (fast shipping!) and I tried them on....LOVE. I got the plus size ones and for once, I feel comfortable in tights! They are soooo stretchy and soft. I won't be able to go back to cheapo tights.

Awesome! I think I'll try a pair from them with my X-mas money!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:39 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

QUESTION.

I'm looking for some thick, jersey-type-material, opaque (like...will not be able to see a large tattoo) leggings and tights like the ones American Apparel makes...but not American Apparel. But still made in America. Any ideas?

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:58 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

Nebraskalaska wrote:
QUESTION.

I'm looking for some thick, jersey-type-material, opaque (like...will not be able to see a large tattoo) leggings and tights like the ones American Apparel makes...but not American Apparel. But still made in America. Any ideas?

Have you tried Maggie's Organic cotton tights? They are super thick and cozy.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:12 pm 
Bought KAPOP LOAF

djsuz wrote:
I am looking at their website and am about to explode with excitement. Seriously it's not good to get this excited about leg warmers for gods sake!

Wait... so I shouldn't get my get my rocks off to sock dreams? Actually, I always feel sort of dirty when I get a package from them.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:38 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

molasses jane wrote:
Nebraskalaska wrote:
QUESTION.

Have you tried Maggie's Organic cotton tights? They are super thick and cozy.

perfect! I have a pair of patterned tights from them, but didn't think that they might have jersey tights. Cheaper than AA too. Only 3 colors though...so I'll need to look elsewhere for other colors.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:17 am 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

Nebraskalaska wrote:
QUESTION.

The carol leggings made by you, in America! These take 45 minutes plus the time to shop for the fabric and pre-treat it. I suggest ebay for super cheap fabric. You can probably find bamboo jersey with lycra in it for $9 a yard and no matter what your size is you only need 1.1-1.25 yards of fabric to make the carol leggings.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:17 am 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

Sra. Nooch wrote:
Nebraskalaska wrote:
QUESTION.

The carol leggings made by you, in America! These take 45 minutes plus the time to shop for the fabric and pre-treat it. I suggest ebay for super cheap fabric. You can probably find bamboo jersey with lycra in it for $9 a yard and no matter what your size is you only need 1.1-1.25 yards of fabric to make the carol leggings.

http://www.burdastyle.com/projects/carol/ linky

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:33 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

Sra. Nooch wrote:
Nebraskalaska wrote:
QUESTION.

fashion major = no time to actually make clothes for yourself! I have sooooooo much jersey fabric and in quite a few colors too but I can never find the time. maybe in two years, haha.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:57 pm 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

I finally found tights that aren't too tight around the top! They were really expensive but I'm never buying cheap tights again. I got them in turquoise but now I want loads of other colours AND they're 80 denier so they're actually warm & probably hard to ladder.

http://www.tabio.com/uk/detail/000029508/

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:18 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

jojo wrote:
I finally found tights that aren't too tight around the top! They were really expensive but I'm never buying cheap tights again. I got them in turquoise but now I want loads of other colours AND they're 80 denier so they're actually warm & probably hard to ladder.

http://www.tabio.com/uk/detail/000029508/

I think you really need to invest in somewhat expensive tights to get them to fit properly, I've never had good luck with any cheap tights I've bought unfortunately. Those look really great!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:48 am 
Level 7 Vegan

I also found some great tights that don't dig into my waist! They are Calvin Klein; I picked them out because I liked the color, but the waist doesn't bind at all! I think they were "Modern Comfort" ones? Either way, it said on the package it had a control top and a wide waist band, which I both took to mean they'd be uncomfortable, but I loved the color--I'm so glad I got them, because the waist is the most comfortable of any tights I own.

They are reasonably priced, too (I got them at Macy's for ~$15).

Have any of you tried Hue tights? What do you think?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:58 pm 
Naked Under Apron

I used to be a big fan of Hue when they sold something called "sweater tights" but now I think their only sweater tights are the cable-patterned type which are ok (but I like plain better.) Anyway I had several pairs and they were so comfy and warm but did get a bit stretched out due to high cotton content, like they could've been pulled all the way up over my boobs. I still buy their opaque tights because they are relatively cheap at places here like Daffy's, and decent quality.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:32 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Audrey wrote:
...they could've been pulled all the way up over my boobs.

Ha, I always think it's so hilarious when waists do this!

Was the waist particularly binding? I just had to return a pair of (steve madden) tights because even though they were supposedly my size, they felt like were trying to cut me in half.