| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Vegan Soaps etc.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:07 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

A few people asked me to let them know when my friend opened his shop selling hand-crafted, vegan, cold process soap, but I can't remember what thread it was in. I thought I'd just start a general thread for Australian bath and beauty products and give my friend a plug. He is one of the very few soap makers who doesn't use palm oil at all, and he doesn't use any synthetic dyes and fragrances - everything's natural. I did the branding and packaging for him, in close collaboration with him, because he has a very strong vision of his own. I think the packaging has worked out beautifully, and his soaps are really luxurious and beautiful. Anyway, I'll stop now because I could rave about his soaps all day, I'm so proud of him, and I don't want to get too spammy... http://shanghaililandthescarletfez.bigc ... m/products

Post subject: Re: Vegan Soaps etc.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:29 am 

And some pics from his shop...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:13 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

I buy lots of soap from The Natural Soap Company ... they are in Norfolk ... Nelson's county!

http://www.naturalsoap.co.uk/index.htm They say on their site -

Tallow (beef fat) makes a wonderful, hard, close-lathering bar of soap when used in the right proportion with other basic oils and fats. However, we completely understand that there are many people who do not wish to use animal products on their skin. As a consequence we do not use tallow in our soaps unless specifically asked otherwise. We don't use other animal products, to the best of our knowledge, except for goat's milk and beeswax. Where these are used in particular soap recipes, we give adequate warning of their presence on this website and on the soap label so that people who choose not to use them can avoid those particular bars.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:17 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

oops ... dunno why I posted about the soap I use here ... I am in England NOT Australia ... although I have ordered not infrequently from a retailer in Melbourne ...

that soap looks terrific ... I could not see / could tell if they ship everywhere ...

Anne (a citizen of the world always willing to keep customs staff in work.)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:57 am 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

I use the Natures Organics stuff. I don't like using bar soap because of the drying factor. But those are the cutest soap boxes!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:48 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

These look so good! The chai one sounds amazing. Are they being sold in shops anywhere in Adelaide? I'll be there in a couple of weeks so I could pick some up then- otherwise I'll grab a couple online.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:01 am 

Erinnerung wrote:
These look so good! The chai one sounds amazing. Are they being sold in shops anywhere in Adelaide? I'll be there in a couple of weeks so I could pick some up then- otherwise I'll grab a couple online.

He's not wholesaling yet, since he's just getting started. He's just focusing on his online store and doing some markets for now. The chai and South Pacific are the most popular kinds so far!

Post subject: cheap beauty products
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:05 am 
Tofu Pup

Coming off the back of last weeks article about sanitizing my makeup I purged my collection and disposed of all my unused and old cosmetics. Needless to say, my collection is now substantially smaller. Not to worry, I suppose it gives me an excuse to branch out and experiment with some new products right? After my purge I ended up pondering how often I purchase cosmetics and then refuse to throw them out. Unfortunately you have caught me. That's right I am a functioning makeup hoarder! I once kept a tube of discontinued lipstick from my favourite brand for about seven years before I could bear to part with it. O_o can I detect product expiration here?

cheap beauty products