| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 418 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: Vegan Beauty Box
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:32 am 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Yeah see, that would've made me unhappy. The All Natural Face does their own beauty box, but they say up front that you're only getting their stuff. They also do samples in theirs and I believe that each box has a theme. If I had enough money for another box i'd get at least one of theirs because i'd like to try more products.

So ELF is coming out with a beauty box, obviously it's their own stuff and they don't make sample sizes, but theirs is every other month. I still think that getting over $20 worth of ELF products would be overwhelming since they're so cheap, and I got one of their mystery grab bags once and was pretty unhappy with it because I got things like hand sanitizer and yes, a $1 animal hair brush because I wasn't thinking when I ordered. So I asked on facebook if they were customizable at all and this is the reply I got:

"Hi Katie! Unfortunately, we do not offer custom options for the Beauty Bundle, although we are hoping to enable this option in the future!"

I suggested it was as simple as letting people check a box for what lines they want to receive products from, that way we can just uncheck the Essentials box and not have to worry about animal hair brushes!

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:52 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

The thing with the ELF box, for me, is that their stuff is so inexpensive that if I went on their website and ordered everything I want from them right now, it'd only be like $30. Getting that much stuff every 2 months would be overwhelming AND unnecessary. I like the idea of sample boxes because you get to try stuff you wouldn't normally, either due to access or expense - I'm never hesitant to try an ELF product, because even if it sucks, I'm only out $3.

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:54 am 

Yeah, and the only stuff I never want to try is the $1 stuff because it's usually not even worth the dollar or space in the drawer, and that's the stuff they like to give out for freebies.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:18 pm 
Tofu Pup

Aargghh what's a European to do?! I want this but paying 15 bux for shipping seems stupid to me, it's nearly as much as the box itself. I asked on their fb page whether they could ship the snack and beauty box together and I could just pay for shipping once. Anybody know if this is possible? Or am I getting crazy here? But seriously, 15 for shipping alone... Goddammit Europe!

Like mrsbadmouth said, I really really hope they have other brands than those on their web site. That would get boring. Great review btw :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:31 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I just read the thread and I am so tempted to order the beauty box and the snack box. It would be awesome if they could ship them together, though I can understand that would be another step/hassle for them. If not, I think I'll go with the beauty one!

For any Aussies wanting the Lippy Girl products try here! They also have E.l.f and OCC.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:22 pm 
Has Isa on speed dial

Lyrawr wrote:
Aargghh what's a European to do?! I want this but paying 15 bux for shipping seems stupid to me, it's nearly as much as the box itself. I asked on their fb page whether they could ship the snack and beauty box together and I could just pay for shipping once. Anybody know if this is possible? Or am I getting crazy here? But seriously, 15 for shipping alone... Goddammit Europe!

Like mrsbadmouth said, I really really hope they have other brands than those on their web site. That would get boring. Great review btw :)

I saw someone else ask the same question on Facebook, and they said it wouldn't be possible because the boxes are coming at different times/from different locations. They said maybe at some point they'd be able to coordinate that, but not right now.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:23 am 
Tofu Pup

If it was Cherry Crakk, thats me :D hehe. Cant find my post tho for some reason, so thanks for the info!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:53 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Lyrawr wrote:
Aargghh what's a European to do?! I want this but paying 15 bux for shipping seems stupid to me, it's nearly as much as the box itself.

That's how I feel. But as much as I'd loooove a subscription box, it's probably more practical for those of us in Europe to shop closer to home; if we fall in love with more US products, we'll want to get THOSE shipped over, too.

The Ethical Ocean box sounds great for me but at least two of their usual brands are made in Germany. So the stuff would be made here, then shipped to the US, THEN I'd have to pay them to send it back here.

So! If anyone hears of a Europe-based vegan subscription box, please spread the word!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:35 pm 

Melisser told me (because I badgered her) that the August Vegan Cuts box should be shipping out on Monday!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:13 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Yessssss. I was hoping it would be soon!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:47 pm 

I don't know why the people at Vegan Cuts just don't send me direct weekly updates.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:34 am 

I got my tracking number and the VC boxes should get to us by the end of the week! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:28 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

Mine should be here tomorrow! Exciting.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:59 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

crepe I have to wait til I go back upstate on the 8th.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:05 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Mine was supposed to be here today, but apparently it's disappeared into the black hole that is my dealings with the Postal Service. If experience is anything to go by, it'll get marked as delivered and then show up 3 days later. GRRR. Why you gotta box block me, USPS?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:27 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

I got mine! I thought it would be more sample filled but there are 2 awesome lip balms in the mix - I love lip balms!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:24 pm 

I got mine, no lip balm and honestly i'm a little worried that something fell out because the sides weren't taped down at all and I could (and did) put my whole hand through the gap that was left.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:41 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Yikes! That's no good. I'm still peeved that mine hasn't arrived. I'm one state away and people across the country have gotten theirs! That's entirely a USPS thing, though. The tracking hasn't moved since it left NY on the 21st. I'm interested to see/hear what you guys got.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:01 pm 

I watched a few unboxing videos and i'm definitely supposed to have lip balm because I don't have an extra item that no one else has and the packing list isn't in here either. It doesn't look like anyone's boxes were taped on the sides so I guess i'm just extra forking lucky!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:36 pm 

I will say that everything with smells that I got is really nice smelling. Half of the stuff they sent came in different flavors so there's lots of variation, but I got bergamot lime deodorant, pear and ginseng body cream, and my soap sample is peppermint tea tree. I got the blue and white stripey nails, I really wanted the other ones because they're so friggin' cool but i'm still excited to try these out.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:58 pm 
Memorized Veganomicon

Have to say I'm a bit hummed at the items in this months box. I was impressed with July and hoped for something equally awesome. :-/

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:37 pm 

What didn't you like about it? I can see how some people wouldn't need the zit spot treatment and maybe wouldn't want the nail wraps but all of the other stuff smells really good.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:23 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

i got two balms - kinda redundant but okay since i love balms. one was to replace the spot treatment i assume.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:36 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Ok so my box hasn't moved at all when I click on the tracking. Anyone else?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:39 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

la vie sale wrote:
Ok so my box hasn't moved at all when I click on the tracking. Anyone else?

Mine was stuck for days - it left NY on the 21st and didn't move until it finally updated as arriving in my city this morning on the 26th. Hopefully yours shows some progress soon! If it doesn't, Vegan Cuts tweeted at me that I should email them if I didn't have it by Tuesday and the PO didn't know anything.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 418 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 17  Next