| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46810 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1546, 1547, 1548, 1549, 1550, 1551, 1552 ... 1873  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:35 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I spend way too much time reading Quiverfull blogs. It's just so hard to stop.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:02 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

I sometimes have trouble with my wrist (tendinitis/carpal tunnel style), but not all the time. Today it really started flaring up. I'm pretty bummed about that because I think it's related to the big bookshelf I built last week. Which, was so so much fun for me to do that I got in my head that this might be a hobby I might try to pursue for money/career. Now I have to remember which box I packed my brace in :( ugh.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:29 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

choirqueer wrote:
ndpittman wrote:
acr wrote:
that's so silly. you must have been on the two trains in nyc carrying people who've never actually seen a pregnant woman or something. i actually bought some maternity dresses at a thrift store this summer because they were cheap and in good shape and i like the look of a high waist, and i worried for about four seconds that people might think i really was pregnant, but then i figured i could just tell them not to worry because it was only a food baby, and if it was a girl i was going to name it candy.

This made me laugh out loud.

You could name it Stu!

I'm a bit embarrassed at how long I had to think about that before I got it.

dropscone wrote:
Something involving heavy machinery is going on outside. It woke me up, just after 7am. I worked yesterday so today is my only weekend day, was hoping to sleep in, but apparently not.

Better get on with my first MoFo entry then!

That sucks. It's Sunday. what the fizzle?

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:16 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I'm having another forking allergy attack. This is at least 2, probably 3 weekends in a row. I wasn't gonna paint because it's too dark, and luckily I have my 1st MoFo post almost completely written, but I did plan on doing some stuff. I'm gonna force myself to at least go out and get the stuff I need, but I'm so tired of wasting half my weekend and then feeling like shiitake on a Monday every week.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:00 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I forgot to call to get my physical therapy prescription and I'm only in the city weekdays til next Monday. I really was hoping to start again this week.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:42 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

strawberryrock wrote:

Oh man, I do this every month of so. A total quiverfull binge. It's my secret, mostly, not because I'm ashamed but because I can't explain my fascination.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:41 am 
WELFARIST!

My parents are coming to visit today! My apartment is clean, they're bringing me veggies from their garden, and presents (because BIRTHDAY TOMORROW!), and we're going out to dinner, and the dude is meeting us there, and then cake and drinking afterward, and tomorrow I get to have lunch with my ladyfriend, and possible froyo, and then Indian food with the dude, and then drinks, and just...yay! Birthday!

Also, spent the entire morning lazing about in bed with T, just talking and kissing, and it was really nice. I love lazy Sunday mornings.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:00 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

allularpunk wrote:
yay! Birthday!

HOLY BIRTHDAY TWINSIES! I am also anticipating Indian food, froyo, PEACEFUL day outside of the house, and no work on my birthday!!!!
Hope you have a great day today AND tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:09 pm 
WELFARIST!

torque wrote:
allularpunk wrote:
yay! Birthday!

HOLY BIRTHDAY TWINSIES! I am also anticipating Indian food, froyo, PEACEFUL day outside of the house, and no work on my birthday!!!!
Hope you have a great day today AND tomorrow.

Thank you! You as well! Labor Day birthdays are the best...guaranteed 3 day weekends flicks the weasel! (Well, sometimes, anyway.)

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:29 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

I'm glad to be in a place where Labor Day is my birthday!! for so long i've been in places where it's May 1. This is refreshing for a change, because birthday is usually just another workday. Mwuahaha.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:34 pm 

Invictus wrote:
strawberryrock wrote:

Oh man, I do this every month of so. A total quiverfull binge. It's my secret, mostly, not because I'm ashamed but because I can't explain my fascination.

OH MY GOD SOMEONE WHO UNDERSTANDS.

This is very exciting for me. My favorite is In a Shoe because they seem so normal until gender roles and shiitake come up and you're like OH YEAH CRAZY.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:06 pm 
WELFARIST!

My parents are expecting me to drink wine with them right now. I'm still getting over the wine I drank last night. Oof.

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:22 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I was supposed to be Skyped in to my nephew's 1st birthday party. It's more than an hour past when my sister said she'd get online. I suspect the plan has failed. :(

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:34 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Ugh, my best friend (who moved five hours away and I haven't seen in almost a month) is back in town for the weekend. We'd been planning to hang out either Saturday or today. Yesterday she said she couldn't because she was having a family day. Okay, no problem. But then when I text her today she says she's probably busy all day again. I don't really have any friend's by my parents since she's pretty much the only one I still talk to regularly from high school, so it's been super lonely the past few weeks and I was really looking forward to hanging out, even if it was just for a few hours. Hell, I would have even gone on errands with her if it meant we actually got to talk in person.

It's so frustrating though, because based on past experiences, if I was the one back in town for only a few days and wouldn't be back again till Thanksgiving, she'd be having a fit if I did this to her.

And my cat is pissed at me because I had to cut her dew claws (SORRY THAT I DON'T WANT YOU TO GET ANOTHER INGROWN TOENAIL BRAT), so I can't snuggle her.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:18 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

SR, I go to Mega-family blogs and read down her blog roll...also I can not believe I now know someone else who reads In a Shoe!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:19 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Well, I know what I'm doing tonight!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:16 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Hey folks that play guitar! Can you tell me what chords Dolly is playing here?

It seems like it should be pretty easy to tell via her finger positions which chords she playing, and it's a super simple repetitive song. I want to make this happen on a Uke but I can't find the chords online, and my ear is just not fancy like that.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:10 pm 

Invictus wrote:
SR, I go to Mega-family blogs and read down her blog roll...also I can not believe I now know someone else who reads In a Shoe!

Sometimes I find myself really agreeing with some of their thoughts about parenting (not when it involves corporal punishment or anything involving sexuality for sure) and then I feel really weird about it. In a Shoe and The Common Room seem pretty chill compared to other blogs (like they still think abortion is murder and are opposed to kissing before marriage and think wives should always be obedient to their husbands, but in COMPARISON) so it's really easy for me to feel sort of fond of them and then be bewildered by their stance on a lot of stuff. My dream is to find a blog of a teenager who is part of one of these Quiverfull families and hates it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:25 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

For the third time in two weeks the cops are parked on my street. This time I saw them go to the house I thought was dealing with abuse.
My kid tried to pick a fight with them (the cops) and then stormed off.
Someone is doing something not awesome on this street and it is skyrocketing my anxiety.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:16 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Waiting for the red line on Sunday night reminds me why I bike everywhere-though the voice just said the train is arriving. (The app said a 15 minute wait-the voice is correct.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:16 pm 

Waiting for the red line on Sunday night reminds me why I bike everywhere-though the voice just said the train is arriving. (The app said a 15 minute wait-the voice is correct.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:34 pm 
***LIES!!!***

strawberryrock wrote:
Invictus wrote:

Sometimes I find myself really agreeing with some of their thoughts about parenting (not when it involves corporal punishment or anything involving sexuality for sure) and then I feel really weird about it. In a Shoe and The Common Room seem pretty chill compared to other blogs (like they still think abortion is murder and are opposed to kissing before marriage and think wives should always be obedient to their husbands, but in COMPARISON) so it's really easy for me to feel sort of fond of them and then be bewildered by their stance on a lot of stuff. My dream is to find a blog of a teenager who is part of one of these Quiverfull families and hates it.

Yeah, I am obsessed with those blogs. I used to read a QF teen's blog, but can't find it anymore.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:13 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Ariann, Strawberryrock! My people!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:32 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Dude, what? I have a weird addiction to reading Quiverfull/stay at home daughters blogs. Good to know I'm not the only weirdo! I came across a really good one a couple of weeks ago, but I forgot to save the link and now I can't find it again!

ETA: Oh, I guess it was In a Shoe!

So embarrassing!" -just mumbles

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:40 am 

I do little updates to my mother's business website. It was designed by the on of a friend of hers who knew what he was doing but was so appallingly unprofessional about it (as in, he owes her money for another website he never made) that she told him to fork off after six months and I replaced it (the one he never finished) with a Wordpress blog with a nice theme and she seems happy with that.

Anyway, it's normally just changing prices or some tweaking, but today I got "Can you delete this, add a new page using the info in these word documents and update the homepage with a nice big picture somewhere prominent".

I've tried my best, but the word documents were formatted so staggeringly bizarrely that it's really, really hard to get anything remotely consistent.

Creating a new page was fine, but as my sole web design education was a two hour workshop ten years ago, it's a bit of a mess. HTML (or CSS or PHP, I don't know) tables are bewildering and the images she gave me are locked up in a PDF and the only way I know how to get them out is by zooming in and taking a screenshot then cropping the excess out in paint.net.

Oh, and I don't know how to add pictures. At the moment, I'm opening things in Windows Live Writer, which is a blogging software that poops out HTML and wipes it all over Wordpress, and trying to edit the source using trial and error and common sense. I have told her I don't know what I'm doing, but she seems to think I'm playing pretend and this is best cured by asking me to change more.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46810 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1546, 1547, 1548, 1549, 1550, 1551, 1552 ... 1873  Next