| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45623 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1547, 1548, 1549, 1550, 1551, 1552, 1553 ... 1825  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:22 am 
WRETCHED

I don't read blogs but you guys are making me want to.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:05 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

It is so stupid muggy out today. It's not even that hot, but the humidity is oppressive. The walls in my house are damp to the touch. I tried to take my dog for a walk (we didn't go yesterday because it was raining), and about 15 minutes in she decided to just give up and lie down in the middle of the path. The mugginess is making everyone feel gross, and it needs to go away right now, please.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:47 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I'm sure it's been said many times many ways on this forum - but gee I think Ginny Messina is brilliant.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:17 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I was out doing errands today and it's labor day so there were a lot of families out and about and buying hot dog buns and store-bought potato salad and being all summery and nuclear I got like, profoundly stupidly sad.

in a totally unfair and self-pittying way. I really hate having this feeling because, jesus, things could be so much worse. so it's like, I get hit with this wave of selfish loneliness and then disgust in myself for being so petty. I should be happy that there are people out there who are happy, not jealous and mad.

it's something that never usually bothers me, except on stupid barbecue holidays.

anyway! I have other things to be thankful for! friends! and art! and strangers on the internet who buy my zines! and it was beautiful outside today!

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:03 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Pretty sure I drank all my deficit calories from the rest of the week on Sunday night. Self-control is hard.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:43 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

It seems to be a prerequisite that I cry on my birthday. I don't know why I always get so excited it for it, because it almost always is terrible. Sunday was cool because I got to hang out with my parents, but yesterday (the actual day) I was filled with anxiety for most of the day, like panic attack level, and then I was too tired to do anything so we got takeout and watched tv, and then I just started feeling sorry for myself and got all emotional. Also, my flat iron died in the morning, and I dropped my phone into a glass of water right before bed and it won't turn on. (It's in rice, but...I think it's donezo.)

Meh.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:11 am 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

I'm about to attempt to power through my joint pain and go to a yoga class. Not exercising is making me feel pretty meh.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:02 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

jojo wrote:
I'm about to attempt to power through my joint pain and go to a yoga class. Not exercising is making me feel pretty meh.

This reminds me I have a Living Social deal for eight Bikram yoga classes that expires in a month.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:05 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Tell me I'm not a shitty person for having to cancel my tattoo appointment (I've cancelled four in the last year due to unforseen expenses, illness). My coworker basically bullied me into working for her Sunday (I'm really angry about it) and I totally forgot until today that I have an appointment Sunday afternoon.

Cause I really feel like a shitty person no matter who I say I can't do something for.

The Oxford Imposition: http://theoxfordimposition.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:26 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Can you just reschedule it rather than cancel completely?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:51 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

booberthefraggle wrote:
I was out doing errands today and it's labor day so there were a lot of families out and about and buying hot dog buns and store-bought potato salad and being all summery and nuclear I got like, profoundly stupidly sad.

in a totally unfair and self-pittying way. I really hate having this feeling because, jesus, things could be so much worse. so it's like, I get hit with this wave of selfish loneliness and then disgust in myself for being so petty. I should be happy that there are people out there who are happy, not jealous and mad.

it's something that never usually bothers me, except on stupid barbecue holidays.

anyway! I have other things to be thankful for! friends! and art! and strangers on the internet who buy my zines! and it was beautiful outside today!

I hope you're feeling better today, but I just wanted to say that how you're feeling is not something that you should guilt yourself about as being unfair or it being stupid. First, your feelings are your feelings, you do NOT need to have a 'valid reason'. Second, Holidays like this seem to emphasize traditional families and therefore then (maybe accidentally?) make people who don't have/aren't engaged in a traditional family structure feel like crepe. So I'm sending you many hugs and good thoughts/holding you in the light.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:46 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

allularpunk wrote:
It seems to be a prerequisite that I cry on my birthday. I don't know why I always get so excited it for it, because it almost always is terrible. Sunday was cool because I got to hang out with my parents, but yesterday (the actual day) I was filled with anxiety for most of the day, like panic attack level, and then I was too tired to do anything so we got takeout and watched tv, and then I just started feeling sorry for myself and got all emotional. Also, my flat iron died in the morning, and I dropped my phone into a glass of water right before bed and it won't turn on. (It's in rice, but...I think it's donezo.)

Meh.

That's the worst. I always get really excited about birthdays and then get bummed if they don't live up to expectations. I have to remind myself that it's just another day, and shiitake happens. There aren't going to be unicorns and rainbows everywhere! There should be though.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:01 pm 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

hah, I am the tooootal opposite about birthdays. "just another day" is my attitude, and sometimes something nice happens on top of that and it's super nice and unexpected

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:23 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

blondiefk wrote:
Can you just reschedule it rather than cancel completely?

He's booked out almost solidly for two months at a time... I have three appointments lined up to finish my tattoo for the next three months. So not really? I'd just end up waiting till my next appointment.

The Oxford Imposition: http://theoxfordimposition.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:08 pm 
Chard Martyr

Why is okra so slimy when cooked?!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:28 pm 
Hip Goiter

Jojo oh no I hope your joints feel better soon. (Have you looked into trying a taco cleanse to heal you?)

Meggs wrote:

Because it's delicioussss.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:36 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

missdelaney wrote:
Tell me I'm not a shitty person for having to cancel my tattoo appointment (I've cancelled four in the last year due to unforseen expenses, illness). My coworker basically bullied me into working for her Sunday (I'm really angry about it) and I totally forgot until today that I have an appointment Sunday afternoon.

Cause I really feel like a shitty person no matter who I say I can't do something for.

That sucks! Maybe you could tip the artist extra at your next appointment or bring them some cookies?

So embarrassing!" -just mumbles

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:05 pm 
Chard Martyr

RandiJM wrote:
Meggs wrote:
Because it's delicioussss.
It is delicious but so freaking slimy! I feel like I'm in Ghostbusters.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:13 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

other peoples' mood swings are making me feel like i'm possibly losing my mind. then the swing goes up and i wonder what was so bad. euuuuuugh.

also, why does this gorgeous pumpkin ale make me feel SO SICK? ugh. even half a glass has given me the monster headache. last night i drank one glass and i had the headache until about 6 pm.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:44 pm 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

Said to me by my boss this afternoon: "You look pretty today. You're not having one of your ugly days."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:45 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

no, really, sue that jerk.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:46 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

Jigglypuff wrote:
missdelaney wrote:

That sucks! Maybe you could tip the artist extra at your next appointment or bring them some cookies?

If the artist is booked up for two months I imagine that appointment will get scooped up pretty quick. And you're giving like five days notice. I see nothing shitty or requiring of anything extra. I mean, extra tips and cookies are always wonderful, but you aren't doing anything remotely shitty in this situation. Life happens, you aren't leaving the artist with a huge block of time with half an hour's notice.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:20 pm 
Chard Martyr

I want chocolate.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:52 pm 
Dead by dawn

acr wrote:
no, really, sue that jerk.

+1 not yummy at all

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:59 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

AHHHHH

I was laying on the ground with my dog, and then all I a sudden I noticed a GIANT asparagus SPIDER ABOUT TO CRAWL ON HER. Now I feel like there are spiders all over me, ewwww.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45623 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1547, 1548, 1549, 1550, 1551, 1552, 1553 ... 1825  Next