| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46455 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1549, 1550, 1551, 1552, 1553, 1554, 1555 ... 1859  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:11 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

monkeytoes wrote:
Oh dear, the phone conversation (or one side of it anyway) going on a foot away from me on the bus... "What's wrong with me? I'll tell you what's wrong with me. I should have never met you, that's what. I should have jumped off a pier. I should set myself on fire. I should have boiled myself in oil, anything to have avoided meeting you. You're the worst wife ever. (Pause) What? You're a terrible wife! A stranger would be a better wife! (Pause.) I haven't seen you in two weeks and you think you're a good wife?! I'd hate to see what it would be like if I actually saw you..." And on, and on. Yikes.

I straight up cackled at this. I think if Brian and I ever have an anniversary ceremony i'm going to recite this whole thing as my vows.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:32 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Gulliver wrote:
I contemplated posting this in the "best things" thread, but here we are.

I've decided I'm not dating and not hooking up with anyone for at least a month, preferably until Christmas. Some recent slutty behaviour on my part led to a revelation. I'm not okay with the breakup. Well, I am okay with the breakup, but I'm not okay with being single and I've still kind of got my stabilisers on and I need to steady myself mentally and emotionally and stop wobbling into bed with people or into a big puddle of beer. So, I'm celibate until further notice.

Time to rekindle my love tryst with Fallout: New Vegas and Skyrim.

I think this is a good idea, and my three months of celibacy was hard but did felt really good, also. Once some of the lonely-shock wore off it felt kind of comforting.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:08 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

jogirl wrote:
I am too ashamed of my score on this game to even post it.

I got 250. Womp, womp.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:48 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Ha, the first time I took it, I got 50 Hahahaha

In my defense, I had never actually heard those languages spoken.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:04 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I want to complain about something at work that is probably so minor that it's forgotten already, but I can be really righteous as times and it mattered to me so I'm going to speak to my manager tomorrow and see if I am right to kick up a little poostorm about it. From a role-modelling point of view, I think if it's something I'd call a student out on, I should definitely call a member of staff out on it.

A tutor was talking about appropriateness and how there is a time and a place in reference to things like swearing at college and lateness etc, and mentioned that his parents don't know he smokes and how he would lie if they asked him. His view was that it was inappropriate to smoke in front of your parents. My view is that it is really forking inappropriate to tell highly vulnerable teenagers it's okay to lie to their parents.

But yes, manager first.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:31 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

I had a bet with my dude that he wasn't going to be able to talk himself out of a parking ticket he got last week, and I totally lost. Charismatic jerkface. So I get to spend some time this weekend turning his caramel cluster of a spare room into a usable second bedroom. Waaaah.

(Secretly, I'm a little excited about it, because I super duper love organizing things and moving furniture around, but I'm little bummed that I won't be getting my car detailed, which was what would have happened if I had won.)

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:54 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

lutin wrote:
Best thing on the internet today? A language ID game written by some Australians. http://greatlanguagegame.com/
My highest score yet is 850; I tend to hover around 500. It's interesting to see which languages and language families (consistently) trip me up. And also weird how some languages "sound different" depending on what the multiple choice options are. (I find that if I close my eyes and just listen, without reading the suggested names, I do a better job.)

950, but only because I accidently clicked "Norwegian" instead of "japanese" on the last one...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:14 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

I've tried it twice so far, 450 and 500. Gonna try it again. Best game ever.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:55 am 
A Bad Person

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/09/04 ... king-eggs/

This article is cracking me up. Someone built a skyscraper in London that has an irregular shape which happens to reflect the sun nicely into buildings, cars, pavement, anything on the ground in the wrong position and scorches it. They're calling it the fryscraper and walkie scorchie and that shiitake kills me. The reporter tested cooking an egg in the death ray's path and had to call it off because his hair was burning.

But who's to blame here? Could the architect have foreseen the death ray? And how are they going to fix it, besides destroy the building? Hang a drape? Paint the whole side of the building flat black?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:58 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

brian wrote:
http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/09/04/london-skyscrapers-deathray-reflection-is-melting-cars-burning-businesses-but-also-cooking-eggs/

This article is cracking me up. Someone built a skyscraper in London that has an irregular shape which happens to reflect the sun nicely into buildings, cars, pavement, anything on the ground in the wrong position and scorches it. They're calling it the fryscraper and walkie scorchie and that shiitake kills me. The reporter tested cooking an egg in the death ray's path and had to call it off because his hair was burning.

But who's to blame here? Could the architect have foreseen the death ray? And how are they going to fix it, besides destroy the building? Hang a drape? Paint the whole side of the building flat black?

I watched this on the Brazilian news station, and I was wondering about the same thing. Is that part of engineering/architecture that is researched? You'd think it ought to be.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:49 am 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

brian wrote:
But who's to blame here? Could the architect have foreseen the death ray?

yes. the same architect did the same thing in Vegas previously

http://www.businessinsider.com/architec ... ing-2013-9

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:58 am 
WRETCHED

joshua wrote:
brian wrote:

That is funny that he did it in Las Vegas considering it can get to 115+ in Las Vegas.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:58 am 
A Bad Person

joshua wrote:
brian wrote:

Very damning! Especially the bit about how the architect had foreseen the problem at the Las Vegas building and thought he could do something about it with a thin film that did not work.

Also, the response by the walkie scorchie owners is similarly hilarious. "For up to two hours everyday for two to three weeks a year, everyone is just going to have to deal with our building's burning death gaze." Yes, I'm sure the people affected by it truly enjoy being treated like the overgrown ants the building's owners believe them to be.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:34 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Interesting day today:

1. Someone came in for an interview, and while leaving, backed into my car and drove off. The manager and a customer were in the parking lot and saw the whole thing. There was no damage, but what the fizzle! at not getting out to check.

2. I have a co-worker who is overall pretty nice, but is kind of young and awkward and says really inappropriate shiitake all the time, especially about attractive female customers. Today I was sitting on the counter in the break room, waiting for my food to heat up, and I asked if I was in his way. He said "No, your fat asparagus is on the other side of the counter" with a big smile on his face, like we were best friends and it was the funniest thing in the world. I told his supervisor, but he apologized before she talked to him, probably because I said very seriously "Are you forking kidding me?"

So that was weird.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:38 pm 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

RandiJM wrote:
Omg Jojo we have a tv show to talk about woohoooo!

Hell yeah, we need to work out how far ahead is the US is!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:46 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I just submitted my application for a Fulbright scholarship!

If probability decides to favour me, I am going to Glasgow to study medieval lit next year. Big "if". But still, I remember going to my adviser and saying "...so I had this crazy idea!" about six months ago and now I actually sent in the application? What.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:51 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Ugh. Debit card issues because a vendor was breached. This day will not end.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:13 am 

If anyone has any tips for getting... It might be mildewy smell? Out of a camper van, let me know. Someone I know heard about my housing plight and offered their camper which is in their driveway until I have my permanent spot the 15th. So I have a good week and a half here and dude, I'm not sure I can sleep through this musty smell. I know, awfully picky right! It's pretty great actually except for that.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:12 am 

I think sadly the best thing to do it crank all the windows open and spray everything down with kitchen spray. A good airing goes a long way.

I wish I could come over and help. You've been dealt a rough hand, dude.

I'm preparing myself to calmly talk to my manager about how the college totally failed two very young, vulnerable students yesterday. I am so angry about how they were treated it kept me up at night. I'm basically trying to calm myself down so I don't go in raging.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:58 am 

I realized to get rid of the smell I'd probably have to rip up the carpets. But yeah, if Portland sees another hot, dry day (it's currently torrential downpour) then I might see if I can find my old bottle of Nature's Miracle and give it a good spray and airing...

Or maybe I'll convince the owner to let me rip out the carpet and put in something new and cute. :}

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:03 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I'm guessing you probably don't have a dehumidifier available to you, but if you do, that would help a lot.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:51 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

I just...can't even be bothered today. But I have phone calls to make and emails to write and teaching to do, so I must force myself to bother. I'm actually really nervous that my boss is going to be pissed at me. I didn't call a school ahead of time before my first visit there yesterday because I had been there in the fall and thought I knew how to go about getting in and all that, even though she told me I should call all my schools first. I have such phone anxiety, so I figured I got a reprieve from this one. Wrong. I drove all the way there (half an hour away) and they had put their school on lockdown since I had been there last, like a lot of schools have done since the Newtown shooting. No amount of doorbell ringing or knocking on the door I was supposed to go into got me in. I'm assuming I am probably supposed to call a cell phone (office phone was no dice) to get in. Oops. I'm hoping that a good apology will smooth things over.

Bah. Just...not something I feel like dealing with today.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:33 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I feel ya, ap. I'm just not in the mood to deal with today. My medication is giving me messed up dreams and making me all loopy and shiitake. I have to eat about every 2-3 hours to keep from feeling like my head is floating away. I really just want to go home, but I have to get through another 2 1/2 hours and then I'm going out for drinks with my co-workers*. And it doesn't help that people are pissing me off all over the place (e.g., one of my colleagues came up to me this morning and asked me to book her a taxi for something non-work-related. What am I, the forking concierge? I'm not even the receptionist, and she didn't even bother asking her!).

*I'm kinda obligated with this because it's someone's leaving do, which I said I'd attend ages ago and confirmed this morning. But I did say that I'd probably only stay for one drink.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:33 am 

Mars wrote:
I realized to get rid of the smell I'd probably have to rip up the carpets. But yeah, if Portland sees another hot, dry day (it's currently torrential downpour) then I might see if I can find my old bottle of Nature's Miracle and give it a good spray and airing...

Or maybe I'll convince the owner to let me rip out the carpet and put in something new and cute. :}
Find some cheap baking soda and sprinkle the carpet liberally with it, then hoover it up after an hour or two. Hoover means vacuum because I'm English.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:41 am 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

Does anyone else remember a ppk fight revolving around whether it was reasonable to expect people have bowls in their kitchen? I cannot remember where this epic fight was, but it was great and I want to read it again.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46455 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1549, 1550, 1551, 1552, 1553, 1554, 1555 ... 1859  Next