| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 495 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cougar Town!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:52 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I re-watched S1 over the weekend and I don't think Busy's shape has changed too much, she's always had slim/toned armed, I think some outfits make her look bigger because she's got larger boobs than Courtney & Christa. And it reminded me that I need her blue nail polish from the ep. where Smith leaves to go back to college.

Also, I agree about Stan! In one ep, I think 4, the baby looks SO different, I think it's blonde. But in the eps incl. the baby animal one, he is gorgeous!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:51 pm 
Hip Goiter

Kitteh wrote:
Also, I agree about Stan!... in the eps incl. the baby animal one, he is the most gorgeous creature ever to grace this blessed earth!

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:21 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

RandiJM wrote:
Kitteh wrote:
Also, I agree about Stan!... in the eps incl. the baby animal one, he is the most gorgeous creature ever to grace this blessed earth!

I hope they continue using him :D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:16 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I forgot to mention that while re-watching I noticed that the woman who holds Bobby up & steals Grayson's money, is Coach Beaste from Glee!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:21 pm 
Hip Goiter

Kitteh wrote:
I forgot to mention that while re-watching I noticed that the woman who holds Bobby up & steals Grayson's money, is Coach Beaste from Glee!

NO way! I don't remember that at all! I will have to rerewatch season 1 :) I CAN'T WAIT for season 2 DVDs. Oh man I wish they sold them in installments!

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:56 pm 
Hip Goiter

The rerun that is on tonight (with dead-baby lasagna and dead-baby tacos, omg, def screaming for theme dinner night!) is hilarious - I totally forgot about that part where Ellie says something to Andy and asks "you know who said that?" and Andy goes "Ben Vereen?" And then Ellie leaves, and Andy with Stan says as Stan "Daddy who's Ben Vereen?" and replies to himself "He's a very talented singer and dancer who was hit by a car." "Is he okay??" "Yeah, I think so." HILARIOUS! hahaha i'm dying.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:43 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

RandiJM wrote:
The rerun that is on tonight (with dead-baby lasagna and dead-baby tacos, omg, def screaming for theme dinner night!) is hilarious - I totally forgot about that part where Ellie says something to Andy and asks "you know who said that?" and Andy goes "Ben Vereen?" And then Ellie leaves, and Andy with Stan says as Stan "Daddy who's Ben Vereen?" and replies to himself "He's a very talented singer and dancer who was hit by a car." "Is he okay??" "Yeah, I think so." HILARIOUS! hahaha i'm dying.

Man, I don't even remember that bit between Elli, Andy & Stan. I think the problem is the show is always full of hilarious bit, much like Community and it's too easy to forget everything. I will re-watch. AND I totally want to do a blog post(s) with tv-theme food!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:17 pm 
Hip Goiter

Kitteh wrote:
RandiJM wrote:

Man, I don't even remember that bit between Elli, Andy & Stan. I think the problem is the show is always full of hilarious bit, much like Community and it's too easy to forget everything. I will re-watch. AND I totally want to do a blog post(s) with tv-theme food!

I know it's too full of good!
and NO I don't mean a blog post, I mean a food-filled show-watching PARTY in person. Please let it be that I come to you! :P

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:47 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

RandiJM wrote:
Kitteh wrote:
RandiJM wrote:

I know it's too full of good!
and NO I don't mean a blog post, I mean a food-filled show-watching PARTY in person. Please let it be that I come to you! :P

Yes, let's make it happen!

Also, I re-watched S02E07 today and the gun fight always reminded me of Spaced then I noticed that right at the end Travis drags his hand down the cupboard and says "I lovvvve Spacccced", I'm pretty sure he's referring to this episode

but I have no idea why they'd reference it as it's about 10 years old, either way, it's cool!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:48 am 
Hip Goiter

Yay I found the article that your post reminded me of! It's just the Entertainment Weekly post-ep rundown about the Spaced scene, but it has the original and then other shows that did it too

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/11/04/couga ... -gunfight/

It also has the netipot clip!
I never watched Spaced, so I only watched these clips last month, and it really is hilarious. Oh my god. And I LOVEEE Jessica Hynes! I saw her last year in The Norman Conquests on Bway and she was fantastic, so I squeed when she appeared in these clips.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:21 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Thanks for the link! I love Jessica Hynes too, I saw she started another tv show but I think it got cancelled.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:38 pm 
Hip Goiter

Hahaha seriously crying at Bobby's "I ate a whole thing of biscuit dough and I think it's rising in my stomach." Oh my godddd almost as good was "All I want for Christmas is a new title!" Love this show. I realized I was just smiling the whole time, watching mah friends.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:54 pm 
Hip Goiter

OH MY GOD HOT BARTENDERS OF SOUTH FLORIDA CALENDAR!!!!!!!!

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:42 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

RandiJM wrote:
Hahaha seriously crying at Bobby's "I ate a whole thing of biscuit dough and I think it's rising in my stomach." Oh my godddd almost as good was "All I want for Christmas is a new title!" Love this show. I realized I was just smiling the whole time, watching mah friends.

Bobby, always entertaining! And I wish we could visit the Cul-de-Sac crew and the guys from Community, fo' realsies.

Also, I want that calendar! Grayson's longer hair looked ridiculous!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:51 am 
Ninja Master

More than anything, this show makes me want a jam room of my own!

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:02 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

baps wrote:
More than anything, this show makes me want a jam room of my own!

Same, we have plans to turn a room at our new house into our jam room.

I re-watched the last ep. and Kiersten gets on my nerves, I think she has from the first time Travis bought her home. And I loved Laurie yelling at Missy during the candlelight vigil.

Last edited by Kitteh on Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:05 am 
Hip Goiter

Yeah I really just don't get Kirsten. She's not cool, not funny, not mean, just kind of blah. Are they trying to make us dislike her so we are forced to root for Travis + Laurie even though it would be pretty weird for everyone? (I say for everyone like this affects my real life.)

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:09 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

RandiJM wrote:
Yeah I really just don't get Kirsten. She's not cool, not funny, not mean, just kind of blah. Are they trying to make us dislike her so we are forced to root for Travis + Laurie even though it would be pretty weird for everyone? (I say for everyone like this affects my real life.)

They might be, she's like a filler-character because I'm sure she and Trav will split eventually and it'll be due to him and Laurie.

I'm re-watching Scrubs S1 and Christa looks SO young and it's weird because I now think of her as Ellie!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:53 pm 
Hip Goiter

Kitteh wrote:

I'm re-watching Scrubs S1 and Christa looks SO young and it's weird because I now think of her as Ellie!

You wanna really freak yourself out, go watch her on The Drew Carey Show! It was so long ago!

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:56 pm 
Memorized Veganomicon

RandiJM wrote:
Kitteh wrote:

You wanna really freak yourself out, go watch her on The Drew Carey Show! It was so long ago!

I still think of her as Kate!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:59 pm 
Hip Goiter

Today I am watching my Season 1 DVDs and I love that when Jules and Bobby are talking on the couch after they sleep together, they are watching Scrubs. This show is so freaking great.

Also, the more I watch Andy the more I love him. I wish this character really existed in real life. He's so hilarious and awesome.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:13 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Kitties flock to me wrote:
RandiJM wrote:
Kitteh wrote:

I still think of her as Kate!

OMG, I forgot she was on Dew Carey!
RandiJM wrote:
Today I am watching my Season 1 DVDs and I love that when Jules and Bobby are talking on the couch after they sleep together, they are watching Scrubs. This show is so freaking great.

Also, the more I watch Andy the more I love him. I wish this character really existed in real life. He's so hilarious and awesome.

Yes! It's the scene in Scrubs where Ed starts using "Steak Niiiiight!" as a greeting and then J.D says "Creamed spinach, yo!" <3

I love how much Andy loves Bobby, like when Jules was describing Bobby, Andy's face was so cute.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:03 pm 
Ninja Master

I don't think I want travis and laurie to hook up!

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:38 pm 
Hip Goiter

baps wrote:

I know! Too weird! But their chemistry is undeniable. I'm so conflicted.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:48 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

RandiJM wrote:
baps wrote:

I know! Too weird! But their chemistry is undeniable. I'm so conflicted.

Same, I think Laurie has fun flirting with him but I don't think she actually likes him like that.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 495 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next